Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Starr - exploiting

  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #31
    Marble Coder Jamie/Hello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,334

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Stridey123 View Post
    I'm not 100% certain because i click off it as fast as possible or I am dead. I think its 'would you like to group with star' he has also used the trade pop-up to try and kill me also.

    I do know the @allowtrade commands but its not something I think to do every time I leave safe zone.

    It is not possible to receive a group message whilst in a group...

    So I cannot be that.


    I've updated the Client (Update at your own time), this will now no longer prevent you from running when you receive a pop up, please take a screenshot next time, it happens,
    Last edited by Jamie/Hello; 19-05-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Mir 3 Server.... Coming soon.

    Follow the development...

  2. Want your banner advert here? CLICK!
  3. #32
    LOMCN n00b Macka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    call it smart if you want doesn't matter shows why everyone is unhappy with certain ethnic groups in Mir. Plenty evidence over the years. Got what they wanted last month

  4. #33
    LOMCN Member Haunter87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    104

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    An what was it they wanted last month? I think ethnic group situation is a little more diverse than you think

  5. #34
    Golden Oldie Pottsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,651

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Stridey123 View Post
    I'm not 100% certain because i click off it as fast as possible or I am dead. I think its 'would you like to group with star' he has also used the trade pop-up to try and kill me also.

    I do know the @allowtrade commands but its not something I think to do every time I leave safe zone.
    See...

    I take that as your own damn fault lol.

    Can call it abuse all you like, it's an intended functionality of the game/server...There are functions to stop this manipulation that you haven't opted to use.

  6. #35
    Sour Sally Razarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    See...

    Can call it abuse all you like, it's an intended functionality of the game/server...
    It's a mechanic being abused to provide an advantage in an unintended way.
    That is why Jamie has changed it to allow you to continue running.

    So yes, it was exploiting, exploiting poor foresight. certainly not worth a punishment but worth a fix.
    .Anti-Exploit Contributor.

    .Delivering quality anti exploit feedback and fix suggestions when developers make mistakes.

    .Community Hero.




  7. #36
    Golden Oldie Pottsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,651

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Razarus View Post
    It's a mechanic being abused to provide an advantage in an unintended way.
    That is why Jamie has changed it to allow you to continue running.

    So yes, it was exploiting, exploiting poor foresight. certainly not worth a punishment but worth a fix.
    Then every player in Mir is guilty of exploiting lol. Every player ever, has abused some intended mechanic of the game. It's an unrequired fix if he used the other intended mechanic and turn off allow group when he's by himself lol.

    Abusing a mistake is an exploit. Abusing a games mechanic, is not.

    Whether or not the mechanic is changed or adjusted by suggestion from players is irrelevant, it's not an exploit. It's cleverly using the tools of the game to give you an advantage.

    Or should we go around accusing every Warrior ever for abusing the Shoulder Dash immunity? We all know it voids flinching, yet continue to abuse it because of "skill" and allows you to close gaps easier. I wonder how much ground that would cover if we all start screaming for Shoulder Dash to be interruptable.

  8. #37
    LOMCN Rookie Ironstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    94

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    Then every player in Mir is guilty of exploiting lol. Every player ever, has abused some intended mechanic of the game. It's an unrequired fix if he used the other intended mechanic and turn off allow group when he's by himself lol.

    Abusing a mistake is an exploit. Abusing a games mechanic, is not.

    Whether or not the mechanic is changed or adjusted by suggestion from players is irrelevant, it's not an exploit. It's cleverly using the tools of the game to give you an advantage.

    Or should we go around accusing every Warrior ever for abusing the Shoulder Dash immunity? We all know it voids flinching, yet continue to abuse it because of "skill" and allows you to close gaps easier. I wonder how much ground that would cover if we all start screaming for Shoulder Dash to be interruptable.
    Your logic is flawed.

  9. #38
    Loyal Member Netskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Loughborough, UK
    Posts
    120

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    And for what reason do consider his logic flawed?
    /Flame

  10. #39
    LOMCN Pro Member LightBringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    506

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Netskee View Post
    And for what reason do consider his logic flawed?
    because hes a whiny idiot xD

  11. #40
    Smir.co.uk Martyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,388

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    it's just abuse of a system, Jamie's hotfix might sort it...

    its just how people play sometimes =-/

  12. #41
    Loyal Member Shane/Banshee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    660

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Will be fixed so it will have no effect Ingame. End result they won't bother doing it.

  13. #42
    LOMCN Pro Member Piff1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Africa
    Posts
    706

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Lol Mir gone this far people are to dumb to type @allowgroup they'd rather make a thread crying. fml

  14. #43
    Loyal Member bathy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    70

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Piff1 View Post
    Lol Mir gone this far people are to dumb to type @allowgroup they'd rather make a thread crying. fml
    all he seems to do is cry lol

  15. #44
    LOMCN Member KingCobra92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    197

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    how is this a ****ing thread

  16. #45
    Likes to Retract Paypal Transactions Adv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Starr - exploiting

    Hilarious.

    Plays a ROLE PLAYING game.

    Gets annoyed when someone PLAYS A ROLE.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by Adv
    So 2 years into your server you were unaware L7 gave 100% output? ****ing hell. What exactly did you think people were moaning for all this time? Unreal.



    I genuinely thought the moans were about being able to get luck 7 so easily not that once you got it you had 100% damage...it was only when Tai said about luck 9 that it clicked.

    Sam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •