smoochy boys on tour

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So I have added 3 province maps, currently 1 for each class
and 2 caves on each province (6 caves total)
Each class area drops crafting and upgrade materials for the respective class with a low chance of other items/pots and gold.

The class caves are custom, with custom mobs and bosses (the bosses are similar skin wise but have different effects and tweaked AI)

the one thing I want the general opinion on is, them being class caves and provinces, should I limit access to the maps to only that class or leave all the areas open to everyone?

I personally am looking as limiting it to per class as I could better tailor the monsters to each class, but with them all being unique maps and areas, I dont want people to think they are missing out.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
doesn't sound fun having single class caves. Classes should be helping each other to kill the mob they can't on their own.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Having them as solo/duo targeted caves is ok, but you need to make it so hunting them is not as productive as hunting a cave accessible by all classes in a group.

Mir is about group hunting, and using the different classes to clear content, but you do also need some backup for when groups are not available.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Well the idea is the caves and provinces are only for ingredients to upgrade items and some crafting reagents.
However you can't solely farm there to get items, as you might get the upgrade items from the caves but you need to still kill other bosses for the actual items.

I might make the provinces and caves open to everyone and just make the drop chance for specific class ingredients higher in their own provinces but lock the NPCs down to class requirements.

Thanks for the feedback

---------- Post Merged on 25-05-2017 at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 24-05-2017 at 01:21 PM ----------

Decided to open the provinces up to everyone, but their will be specific quests given to each class in their respective provinces, as well as specific NPCs for upgrades and so forth.