Affinity Mir - The Final Chapter

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

LOMCN Rookie
May 3, 2017
I don't really understand your question, sorry :-/

And no problem Jamie I just got a little confused my bad haha!

KC is right though, its the most fair option to have a full wipe after Open Beta.

The aim is fine tuning and bug squashing which, i want people to prioritize rather than just trying to level and be the "top dog" so to speak haha.

Which I'm sure you guys can understand, I want it to be a successful Open beta.

Anyway I'm going to sleep now guys.

Thankyou for having input so far and the interest.

Do some open test on Monday?What time does the server open?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
where the located. thats the most important thing to me. really sick of watching those euro ppl flying around while im walking.

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:24 AM ----------

lol **** this picture is still up...i almost forgot...

Your on a English speaking Forum, which caters to mostly English server's, it makes 0 sense with 85% of usercount left on lomcn is English.

+ having a low ping on #C seems to do nothing compared to what it does on archons.

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Instances killed off chronicles so if i was contemplating playing mir this would put me off

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Hi guys, thankyou again for the support

Image_12.Png

Image_11.Png

Image_10%20(1).Png

Image_1%20(2).Png

Image_3.Png

Image_0%20(1).Png

Image_2%20(2).Png

Image_4%20(1).Png

Image_7%20(1).Png

Image_5.Png

Image_9.Png

Image_15%20(1).Png

Image_14%20(1).Png

Image_13%20(1).Png

Heres a few screenshots *I'm not amazing at taking screenshots or videos so please don't shoot me too much :D*

Open Beta will start at around Mid-Day tommorow as long as everything goes to plan. (It could be as early as 10AM But I will give confirmed details of the exact time before tonight is over.

Last edited:

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
As someone who played before wipe that new boss room was really terrible, super small, would probably be better to do something different imo, Also MA (Monster Arena) should be changed/revamped if you haven't as some classes had an easier time than others. Wiz/Taos had it easy Wars had it hard

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
As someone who played before wipe that new boss room was really terrible, super small, would probably be better to do something different imo, Also MA (Monster Arena) should be changed/revamped if you haven't as some classes had an easier time than others. Wiz/Taos had it easy Wars had it hard

Thankyou for the input, in that case I'm proud to say that they are different to the previous time you used them.

They have been changed already for the better and had lots of improvements to make it as equal as possible for all classes.

For people asking about Open Beta wipes, please check the posts in the previous pages. I don't want to keep answering the same questions I'm glad you're interested though.

I am also putting a F.A.Q on the main post, so please PM me if you'd like something added there.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Might take a look after the wipe.

Chances are the game breaking stuff won't occur till late game which people simply don't strive towards knowing that a wipe is due lol. The only things you will find are things that can be fixed during, unless you're really that bad of a server creator that you haven't checked and rechecked your work.

At most, only small bugs should be found and you can only prey a big one is found and reported before any advantages are given.

The only reason people play open betas, knowing a wipe is coming is so they can investigate drops and hunting areas....I just cba to do things twice because it burns me out.

But at least it's a 100% wipe unlike some who only do it "If a bug is found". You either play in fear of wiping and then quitting (For my reason, being burned out for nothing), or you don't play and then be given a late start lol

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Chances are the game breaking stuff won't occur till late game which people simply don't strive towards knowing that a wipe is due lol. The only things you will find are things that can be fixed during, unless you're really that bad of a server creator that you haven't checked and rechecked your work.

At most, only small bugs should be found and you can only prey a big one is found and reported before any advantages are given.

The only reason people play open betas, knowing a wipe is coming is so they can investigate drops and hunting areas....I just cba to do things twice because it burns me out.
l

I pretty much agree with you on all of this...

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Open beta will be starting at 10AM, thankyou for your patience so far everyone and we look forward to seeing you all in the Open Beta process :)

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions please post here or use our forum on the website, completely your choice
http://www.affinitymir.com/forums/

---------- Post Merged at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:13 AM ----------

The Gates are now open for everyone to log in, I hope you all have fun. Please report anything that you may find or have suggestions for!

Thank you

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Yer I think I'll play after the wipe, I just don't have to the spare time anymore to put the effort in to beta, then to do it all over again.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Once you start it says welcome to the newbie guild but you don't actually join one.

Edit: No sound?

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Once you start it says welcome to the newbie guild but you don't actually join one.

Edit: No sound?

Yeap will be doing a quick reboot at 11AM to fix that and a couple of other small things.

Sound you can adjust in your options? Just click on the bar to adjust it instead of dragging it

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Yeap will be doing a quick reboot at 11AM to fix that and a couple of other small things.

Sound you can adjust in your options? Just click on the bar to adjust it instead of dragging it

Theres definitely no sound, even with both sliders all the way up, and loads of lag

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Theres definitely no sound, even with both sliders all the way up, and loads of lag

I thought you were playing after the beta? There was a spike of lag when i reloaded something yes, but otherwise should be fine.
Its working okay for me, have you checked your sound folder?

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I thought you were playing after the beta? There was a spike of lag when i reloaded something yes, but otherwise should be fine.
Its working okay for me, have you checked your sound folder?

well I had a spare 5 mins :) thought I'd check it out :P

yes i have he sound folder and it has sound files inside, I have the sliders all the way up and still have no sound, no I don't have my pc on mute as I'm playing music through it

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Patch Notes 1.1

- Fixed the 1 hour buff potions
- Red Frog Amended
- Doe Amended
- Amulets and Poisons fixed
- Newbie guild fixed.
- Start Caves bosses damage reduced

Server back online

If your having trouble with sound, Open your mir2test.ini and change these options

[Sound]
Volume=0
SoundOverLap=0
Music=0

to

[Sound]
Volume=100
SoundOverLap=50
Music=100

Last edited: