Server Testing.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Iast night I made it to lev7 (don't laugh, it wasn't exactly easy ten minutes affair LOL, far from that as you need to wait to regen naturally, I got 3x small hp pots in total only), I made lev3 in starting town, rest in WW (that's the next lowest level hunting map I believe) and I am not impressed however I look at it. Remodeled BW, ok but what's the point, to freshen things up to make you discover where shops are?
In town I see npc for premium cave, I see 'hunting & leveling' maps... I never go to 'leveling' or premium places on principle on any server even if I could afford them easily (if you can use gg, I'd never ever pay rl cash) or even if they were totally free, simply disagree with the idea of separating hunting (items with middling exp) and leveling (no or next to no items but higher exp).

Noob drops are very poor, in town it seems you just get meat from harvesting to sell for few bobs to npc in 'fresh' location, only to give it up all when teleporting to WW (luckily it teleports you even if you have less gold in bag than is stated cost... Drops in WW are extremely poor (90% from cats, rest from several Oma, Yeti....) except from chestnut trees (didn't get chance to sell nuts to see if I make at least some gold that way or what those very few items I got from cats would sell for - you need gold to pay teleports and you need to use teleports because town is closed off, no gates, also is in the middle of water as far as you can see, not sure now if there is any BProvince and its caves, possibly relocated.

I encountered some severe lag due to it seems to those highlighting (flashing animation color outlines) of items in bag and char panel, not sure it is intended that first press of F10 opens char panel but mouseover doesn't show item stats, only second press of F10 allows their display, I think the lag is related to that feature but probably the server is run from home from laptop, might be ok once it goes live. Myself don't like the highlighting, on 5H server at least it is not animated... reminds me of logging on chronicles to see what changed and how I was put off by animated HP/MP ball, like those who run server are running out of ideas and do such unneeded 'improvements'?

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Thanks for your input. That is why its open for testing. We look at all feedback and try to improve as we can.

-The Towns around Bw are free to tele for hunting and such. The drops are always been adjusted and improved as needed.
-Leveling and premium caves are just area where player can hunt or level in peace as some like being solo players.

The F10 lag we working and should have this fixed pretty soon. Where a small team and a team thats learning are way around code and such, some times it may take time to fix a deep bug.
The server isn't hosted at home or on a laptop. IF there is lag or such I'll have it checked by the company.
View attachment 18633

scottstevenjohn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2014
Files run nice, about it tbh its just a euro with a new sz and a tele npc from what i can tell. gl on the server tho ice

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Files run nice, about it tbh its just a euro with a new sz and a tele npc from what i can tell. gl on the server tho ice
Did euro have the following?

- Customised hero's system
- Customised crafting system
- New sets such as jungle/cursed..etc
- New monsters with new AI
- New towns with new caves
- New magic attacks (spells)

And the list goes on...
not sure if i am willing to continue as its gonna take forever
just to let everyone know that some people do send false info's
about servers just for no reason "lol".

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Some Updates.

-Add Shields and Medals category's to Tm.
-Adjusted some of the Ui windows opening placements on screen.
-Adjusting drops and making fit are rates.

-Fixed attacking your own hero.

Hero Config Forum Pk Flags
-no white => hero wont attack white players.
-no brown => hero wont attack brown players.
--same for no red/yellow.
-no master=> hero wont attack players
-no hero => hero wont attack hero's
-no under level => hero wont attack players under his level

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It was that F10 lag that made me think maybe its hosted at home, definitely though some glitch there because otherwise it runs ok. I didn't explore it specifically and not sure if pressing F10 twice to get item stats on mouseover is intentional or not, no idea what you are trying to do there or if you are trying to do something.

I had some gold in bag from selling meat in town but not enough to use stated teleport cost to WW (I think 2K ?) but got teleported anyway for the gold I had which left me with zero gold in WW. There I got to level 7 and was wondering how to get back to town to sell off (since I didn't buy any teleport scroll before leaving town, them being expensive relative to the little gold I had) but then I D/C and I quit playing before trying if @home or @town would work or then only option would be to let myself get killed by mobs...

Those features Ihaln mentions you don't know about at this low level, that's why it feels like euro (if you discount remodeled BW town and province). All in all the drops from low level mobs reminded me of the time once when I logged on korean official mir2, drops were piss poor (except here harvesting for meat in town seemed generous, albeit meat sold for very little, even meat from run away deer).

I am saying that as the one who sometimes dreams of ultra low rate mir where starting out would be tough, meaning you couldn't start with cats at all never mind with deer, but would need to start for first several levels just with hens, which also would do some damage, not like now when even @lev1 hen or deer can't really kill you. Also tight drops so you really have to husband your resources to make progress in true RPG style. The whole idea of such a dream is to make lev10, 15 etc. achievement. But the server would have to be advertised as such, otherwise you gonna lose starting out players due to their thinking its mismanaged.

Still even ultra low rate should be made interesting in that you get some drops even from those cats. Here it is quite dull, most times they don't drop anything, not even a candle, never mind a pot (ok I got one small sunpot but at these low levels it is as useful to me as wintercoat to dead man). Only positive thing was ebony sword dropping, iron braces better than nothing but no copper rings, only rings for lev9 which I couldn't equip (never mind they were for other class).

Last edited:

aria

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 11, 2016
i am getting a message saying "wrong version please update your game" what version should i have?

---------- Post Merged on 12-07-2017 at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-07-2017 at 11:56 PM ----------

anyone know where i can get a client exe from as in my error log it is telling me i am missing it

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
This weekend updates.
-New Newbie Guild server based system.
-New Tao pet upgrading systems.
-Added pot tick counters.
-Adjusted some skills to fit the order of euro feel.

Others we are working on,
-Drop adjustments.
-Mob adjustments to allow more towns and caves to follow.
-Skill upgrading.

We are working on the server as we have time, Not rushing to make any deadline or what. Thanks to who log on and play or test and report any issues and or bugs.

Thanks
Ice

yancau

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2012
Server stil up for testing? accont creation is disabled.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Server stil up for testing? accont creation is disabled.

Will be back open soon, We are fixxing bugs and cleaning up from the reports we had.

---------- Post Merged on 21-07-2017 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 16-07-2017 at 02:32 PM ----------

Still playing here and there. Afew things done.

7/20/017
Code Added
-Hero Auto Pot System.
-Guild Forum on Server.exe. (For us to see and fix guild errors)

Fixed
-Swamp Weeds npc flames.

7/16/017
Fixed Code

-Fixed F10 Lag bug.
-Fixed F10 Stat Page.
-Fixed Tao Pet Change mode.
-Fixed Blizzard Spell hitting images.
-Fixed SRepair cost.
-Added Tilte Images to Crafting,Ranking.

7/16/017
New Code
-Orc Mobs (Effects and Ai's to check)

-Skill Skelly now upgrades each skill level.
-Skill Shinus now upgrades each skill level.

-Pot Regen Indicators for Player/Hero.
-New Skill FuryWaves (Still working on.)

7/16/017
Game Fixes

-Fencing no longer adds MaxAC.
-SpiritSword no longer adds MaxDC.

-Fixed Assassin F10 weapon glows.

TopmanXx

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 12, 2017
When will this be live ? Is it getting a whipe before live ?

Sorry if questions been asked before.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
When will this be live ? Is it getting a whipe before live ?

Sorry if questions been asked before.

Unsure, There is still alot in the code we want to change to match real mir.

---------- Post Merged at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Merge post test...

View attachment 18682

---------- Post Merged on 25-07-2017 at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 21-07-2017 at 10:23 PM ----------

We have reopen the server for more testing, Due to new systems and db changes we had to wipe the server.
So if you wish to help out and test you will have to remake your account.

Thanks
Ice

---------- Post Merged on 29-07-2017 at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 25-07-2017 at 06:33 PM ----------

Update 7/29/17

-Clean up of hero code for user interface.
-Changed the mob light warning system. (easier to see different levels of danger.)
-Orc mobs coded with effects and Ai's.
-Swamp mobs started.
-3 New skills added.
--FastMove (Wizard)
--FuryWaves (Warrior)
--FrozenRains(Tao)

-Blizz/Met changed to hit 8 times to match korean.

-Redid Anc_Oma caves.
View attachment 18719

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Thanks,

-Fixed poison type Stun for tdb/flashdash to match korean.
-Fixed item stacking in hero quest bag.
-Added 2 Ai's for swamp mobs.

there is other behide the screne things added to help the server run better. will reboot tonite.

Thanks
Ice

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
I tried to change graphics to 1366 res but as i try get into game a black box appears. It works fine in 1024, but i think this is a win10 issue, i tried to fix before but the fixes commonly used dont work for me. I cant get the directSDK to work.

See attached error.txt

Attachments

• Error.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 8

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Ok will look into this.

---------- Post Merged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Todays changes

-Fixed Darkbody to be more inline with korean mir.
-3 more swamp mobs ai's done and in.
-Fixed veiwing others heros.

Ulitma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2005
@IceMan Is this server going to be 2.3 files? I think they will be more popular due to PVP which brings most players in,But from what ive experienced with crystal files and other players they are not good for pvp,compared to 2.3 smoothness,etc and a lot of imbalances.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
@IceMan Is this server going to be 2.3 files? I think they will be more popular due to PVP which brings most players in,But from what ive experienced with crystal files and other players they are not good for pvp,compared to 2.3 smoothness,etc and a lot of imbalances.

You mean who ever runs acpi and speed hack win the pvp due to game lag on 2.3 files? Crystal files should be really smooth unless broken,you should actually hit the target where you cast or aim with crystal.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Today
-Swamp mob Ai's done.
-Orc Mob Ai's done.
-Fixed Elite boss system.
-New skill Tao skill FrozenRains
-Acc/Agil pot coded.

Last edited:
Status