Hoping to see a new well made low rate server

smoochy boys on tour

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
We haven't rlly had a good low rate server for a long time, thought could play archon for a long period of time but lacking of the contents, unbalance between classes and prob the worst customer support decided to quit from that server but the population at that time was pretty decent. Rlly hoping to see a fresh start server of chronicle will come out. I would say chronicle is by far the best server I ever played, well made.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
At a guess theres a few currently in the making just sit back,

Sorry to say Marble has its flaws

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
At a guess theres a few currently in the making just sit back,

Sorry to say Marble has its flaws

Theres always a few in the makings... Lets be honest here, not many will last a month. Marble was great but lack of gm dedication is slowly killing it. (Referring to what happened when Rota launched :P) We have many of these other servers popping up for about a month then going down restarting etc. Of course everyones staying away from those lol.

People are waiting for the next big name server to come up from someone well known and respected in the lomcn community. ( a server owner who doesn't have a past history of opening/closing multiple servers, or being dodgy/shifty/corrupt)

Hopefully an official like server opens up, be it mir 2 or 3... Id play that.

Last edited:

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
lol dont worry, everyone and their dogs will be making servers left and right so it should be entertaining to watch :P
Usercount is everything when it comes to servers, all these low usercount servers on LOMCN that you see are a waste of time. Unless something comes up that pulls 2-300 users as a starting base it is really not worth playing.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
In your mind, some people like 30 user server. some people dont like high count. some people like relaxing and peace times.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Strongly disagree.

Agreed. Small user count servers are boring and pointless. Mir is made to be multiplayer even if you solo you need an economy going for productivity. Server teams need insentive as well more people is more GG shop income and general drive to do updates. Many servers are made just for a quick profit or don't expect to be as successful and run through the content without competent server team to continue. Understandable to an extent sense the more hardcore players spend 60+ hours a week in game racing through content

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
Heard someone was talking with Sam about to buy chronicles off from him, frankly chronicle is prob the best Mir server I have played

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Heard someone was talking with Sam about to buy chronicles off from him, frankly chronicle is prob the best Mir server I have played
That's all speculation, I wouldn't believe that one bit. Chronicles will always have its dedicated members but my opinion it died when Sam released the BOSS Instances,

I don't see the fascination in RoTA which seems to have the highest user count at present, Arcadia 2nd? Well those are all just Stalls in BW SZ,

For people who are planning on making a LowRate server, You need to learn from all the server's mistakes, And Balancing seems to be the hot topic lately (Marble). Just making a Server based on the 3 classes is just playing it safe you need to incorporate all new features available.

If someone was going to make a HighRate server with the Crystal Files, I would love to Play Torozor with all the classes,

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

People are waiting for the next big name server to come up from someone well known and respected in the lomcn community. ( a server owner who doesn't have a past history of opening/closing multiple servers, or being dodgy/shifty/corrupt)

It is all in the server owner(s), not the files themselves that the magic of a good server is. To that 'past history' I'd add maturity which means being able to be in it for the long haul, that is not like a kid who likes to start projects and then abandons them repeatedly, not being able to stick with any for any extended period of time.

"Hopefully an official like server opens up" - the 'magic' of the official servers (GN, Gamepot) was their staying power, specially GN mir, the first one. The security of that staying power (because there was a commercial company behind it) was one of its best features. A person or persons with rented dedi can't match that as we all know their mind can change in matter of weeks or even overnight. We all know how the updates on euro were extremely long in coming, we played the content that had no perspective with never dying hopes of a patch update that was always on horizon and we even paid for it LOL One virtue of the lack of updates and ' impossibly hard' drop files was that there wasn't a narrow group of players who would outplay the content fast as happens on todays p servers. Those pple do a server disservice when they jump on and play 24/7 and rape the server in few days, spoiling it for majority in whom it leaves sour taste nevermind in server's owner who gets pressed to provide new content and all that for the benefit of just few pple who hijacked server.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

25 August ( both mir2 and mir3 players will enjoy it as its custom file, not bypass code of a engine )

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
If someone was going to make a HighRate server with the Crystal Files, I would love to Play Torozor with all the classes,

Lol funny you should say that....it's harder than you think to re-create an older server.

Currently trying to do it with AlphaFrozen files...but this is back when TDB for example didn't exist....so all the WarShield/TaoShield stuff is OPing the classes haha.

All the other skills are also just as OP.

I mean....i did have a little play about with the Para/Pro/Rev ring combos and it oddly helps with the balancing. I was perhaps thinking of adding in 2 extra ring slots to be able to have Multiple Rev rings for example which would help with the raping of spells....but no idea if it would work without a proper fight scene.