Affinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Re: Legend Of Mir Affinity

Just had a message from our host and they have had a fault in their rack for the server. A engineer is currently working on it at the moment. I will update people as soon as its back up and ready.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Just had a message from our host and they have had a fault in their rack for the server. A engineer is currently working on it at the moment. I will update people as soon as its back up and ready.

Oh that sounds bad, any potential for loss of data?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Server is back up and online

- No loss of data fortunately :)

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Reboot tonight as follows

8 PM Reboot

25 minutes downtime

Code:
- Dura on 51+ items have low dura on warr
- Instance drops adjusted
- Fixed Fame Vendor / Added Consumables
- Adjusted Viper Pets
- Adjusted Snow Wolf Pets
- New Player buff adjusted
- Sabuk Archers Adjusted
- Sabuk Walls and Gate Adjusted
- Instance monsters levels set
- Insect Cave - DC lowered on mobs
- Wooma Temple - DC lowered on mobs
- Redmoon Valley - DC lowered on mobs
- Ape Palace - DC lowered on mobs
- The Core - Stats lowered on mobs
- Zuma Temple - DC lowered on mobs
- Bug Cave - DC lowered on mobs
- Dragon Swamp - DC lowered on mobs
- Turtles - DC lowered slightly
- Aztec - DC lowered slightly
- Temple of Anguish - DC lowered slightly
- Outlaws Temple -  DC lowered slightly
- Hell Cave -  DC lowered slightly
- Red Cave -  DC lowered slightly
- Ice Temple - DC lowered slightly
- Crystal Cavern - DC lowered Slightly
- Arctic Cavern - DC lowered slightly
- 50 Warr Braces Acc Adjusted
- 50 Warr Necky dura Adjusted
- Isles Mobs EXP's adjusted
- BDD Bosses adjusted
- BDD End Caves - DC slightly increased
- Numa Fixed with correct AI's and mobs

Last edited:

ascended

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 19, 2016

Reboot tonight as follows

8 PM Reboot

25 minutes downtime

Code:
- Dura on 51+ items have low dura on warr
- Instance drops adjusted
- Fixed Fame Vendor / Added Consumables
- Adjusted Viper Pets
- Adjusted Snow Wolf Pets
- New Player buff adjusted
- Sabuk Archers Adjusted
- Sabuk Walls and Gate Adjusted
- Instance monsters levels set
- Insect Cave - DC lowered on mobs
- Wooma Temple - DC lowered on mobs
- Redmoon Valley - DC lowered on mobs
- Ape Palace - DC lowered on mobs
- The Core - Stats lowered on mobs
- Zuma Temple - DC lowered on mobs
- Bug Cave - DC lowered on mobs
- Dragon Swamp - DC lowered on mobs
- Turtles - DC lowered slightly
- Aztec - DC lowered slightly
- Temple of Anguish - DC lowered slightly
- Outlaws Temple -  DC lowered slightly
- Hell Cave -  DC lowered slightly
- Red Cave -  DC lowered slightly
- Ice Temple - DC lowered slightly
- Crystal Cavern - DC lowered Slightly
- Arctic Cavern - DC lowered slightly
- 50 Warr Braces Acc Adjusted
- 50 Warr Necky dura Adjusted
- Isles Mobs EXP's adjusted
- BDD Bosses adjusted
- BDD End Caves - DC slightly increased
- Numa Fixed with correct AI's and mobs
@azzi - Do you want to unban me from the Discord channel yet :) so i can actually make contact about certain things in the game, here is the only place now in where i can ask you.. so yeah! thanks

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

@azzi - Do you want to unban me from the Discord channel yet :) so i can actually make contact about certain things in the game, here is the only place now in where i can ask you.. so yeah! thanks

Use the bug report function ingame - under the mail window.

There will be a reboot at 9PM This evening, for small changes / fixes, with a larger reboot tommorow evening.

This reboot will only be short (A few minutes)

Code:
- Oasis Mobs Updated (Stats Lowered)
- Core Mobs Updated (Stats lowered)
- Sand Tomb Updated (Stats lowered)
- Isles Mob EXP Amended
- NPC's in isles main town adjusted
- Instance NPC is coming to Bichon!
- Twilight Items Fixed (Necklaces)
- Core Bosses Adjusted (Lowered)
- Numa Adjusted (Lowered)

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Use the bug report function ingame - under the mail window.

There will be a reboot at 9PM This evening, for small changes / fixes, with a larger reboot tommorow evening.

This reboot will only be short (A few minutes)

Code:
- Oasis Mobs Updated (Stats Lowered)
- Core Mobs Updated (Stats lowered)
- Sand Tomb Updated (Stats lowered)
- Isles Mob EXP Amended
- NPC's in isles main town adjusted
- Instance NPC is coming to Bichon!
- Twilight Items Fixed (Necklaces)
- Core Bosses Adjusted (Lowered)
- Numa Adjusted (Lowered)

Reboot now cancelled as we just had a crash, servers back online updates now in-game.

The next reboot will be tommorow, i will update a list of notes in the morning

LoosePube

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Canada

I wish you wouldn't use this updater for us to download your client. I always have trouble with these loader's, the download usually slowly slows down to 1kb/s from 1+mbs. If you decide to upload a full client or some thing different I will give your server a test drive. ;)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I wish you wouldn't use this updater for us to download your client. I always have trouble with these loader's, the download usually slowly slows down to 1kb/s from 1+mbs. If you decide to upload a full client or some thing different I will give your server a test drive. ;)

The patcher in theory should be no different than from downloading any other way.

But admittedly it does look a bit half assed and messy (Considering the 2 different ini files, when only 1 should be present).

It's almost as if you're building the source and allowing it to upload from where it builds as oppose to doing it properly and moving it after a build to ensure a clean upload.

But then i'm a bit of a stickler....I'm basically the type of person who will have multiple copies of the Source/Server and Client files at different and stable stages as well as locations to be uploading/download data from.

MysticChick

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 25, 2017

Really enjoying this server tbh. few issues to iron out but they are being worked on so thats encouraging. lots of content plenty of bosses.

the only thing currently stopping this being a long term successful server is the user count. think its peaking low to mid 30's currently.
People have quit due to the low user count. Dont understand this, as people come the count will get higher and people will stick around if its higher. With the people that have moved on the server would probably be hitting 80's in the user count. a good number to build on and just invite more players itself..

Event to bring in new players from other servers is upcoming i think and hopefully give the server a new lease of life.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

It's not that at all lol.

Servers that rely more or less purely on Database modification don't make the cut anymore.

You can throw as many items/mobs/caves and quest lines as you want, but everyone has seen everything that is to offer on such limitations. When you have a completely editable source and you just do database work, it gets old quick as soon as the buzz wears off from the start.

Not slating....it's just how it is from what i'm seeing lately. The servers that are getting the attention are the ones who have put extra effort into more functionality that isn't the "norm" (Marble, Archons...likely Chronicles if they have another? Likely will have custom features too).

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

It's not that at all lol.

Servers that rely more or less purely on Database modification don't make the cut anymore.

You can throw as many items/mobs/caves and quest lines as you want, but everyone has seen everything that is to offer on such limitations. When you have a completely editable source and you just do database work, it gets old quick as soon as the buzz wears off from the start.

Not slating....it's just how it is from what i'm seeing lately. The servers that are getting the attention are the ones who have put extra effort into more functionality that isn't the "norm" (Marble, Archons...likely Chronicles if they have another? Likely will have custom features too).

And you think this has 0 custom code features? Sorely mistaken there...

The patcher is only the way it is in terms of having both ini's is because I leave the client in debug (Until im 100% we're never gonna get a crash) As it gives me that much more information on bugs in the code.

The thing is people haven't experience half of the stuff thats ingame and i guess thats the problem.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

The patcher is only the way it is in terms of having both ini's is because I leave the client in debug (Until im 100% we're never gonna get a crash) As it gives me that much more information on bugs in the code.

The thing is people haven't experience half of the stuff thats ingame and i guess thats the problem.

From what I saw and played with....no, to be honest.

Adding new pets for Taos is not exactly what I was getting that....that is still very much bog standard, along with all the skills. If there is anything new, feature wise or drastically different from what i've played the last 13 years, then I got bored before i reached it.

Which as you said....might well be the problem.

But having all of the original Mir equipment all the way to 45 is just as much of a problem as what i mentioned.

Could well be me just wanting there to be a bit more variety, i'm just getting burned out of the original i guess....But take IceMans for example, Heroes was a possibility a while ago, but the function sucked in the form it came in. If he has done something with them in the Crystal files and has the capability to have full control over it, it could be a really fantastic feature....it's something new, I think it could grab a fair bit of attention.

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

From what I saw and played with....no, to be honest.

Adding new pets for Taos is not exactly what I was getting that....that is still very much bog standard, along with all the skills. If there is anything new, feature wise or drastically different from what i've played the last 13 years, then I got bored before i reached it.

Which as you said....might well be the problem.

But having all of the original Mir equipment all the way to 45 is just as much of a problem as what i mentioned.

Could well be me just wanting there to be a bit more variety, i'm just getting burned out of the original i guess....But take IceMans for example, Heroes was a possibility a while ago, but the function sucked in the form it came in. If he has done something with them in the Crystal files and has the capability to have full control over it, it could be a really fantastic feature....it's something new, I think it could grab a fair bit of attention.

And a fair few who have tested icemans server says its boring as n they just believe its another cash cow.
there is loads of custom things ingame but it mostly comes in isles, so unless u got 50 plus u cant say there is nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:07 PM ----------

You tried the instances?
joined a fragment?
the bosses HP bar thats big at top
been isles to see all the new maps/ main new town?
GTs
loads of new AI's that you probs aint seen
Fame point system for pking
Boss scrolls summoning bosses based on your lvl
reputation and platinum currencys
ancient kit sets, that give exp bonus the more items you have
costumes, that change your chara skin and fully move
warr pets
and so much more

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I shouldn't have to grind my arse up to 50 to find something new lol.

It's not as if it's that quick to get to 50 either, on my playable time it would take probably a month or just leveling...

You tried the instances? Although a nice feature, i find it a tad pointless in such a low populated game...this just promotes solo play and no PKing fun.
joined a fragment? A new function or i didn't reach a suitable level, as i didn't hear of this Fragment while i was playing?
the bosses HP bar thats big at top Although nice....it's not exactly what i'm getting at
been isles to see all the new maps/ main new town? Again....high level content
GTs Nothing new
loads of new AI's that you probs aint seen Such as? I didn't see any...again, high level content?
Fame point system for pking
Boss scrolls summoning bosses based on your lvl Nothing new
reputation and platinum currencys
ancient kit sets, that give exp bonus the more items you have Again, high level content?
costumes, that change your chara skin and fully move That you have to pay for lol
warr pets I found this crap, but again....nothing new from a pet rental system
and so much more

It's a bit tough to make this feedback constructive in 1 post lol.

Sadly there's no forum.

But you know...people are curious why the user count is low....i'm telling you.

LoosePube

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Canada

Any news on maybe uploading a full client instead of using this patcher nonsense? I'm not able to download the game client through the patcher, nothing is going to fix the problem. It's just not working for a lot of people, download speeds haults to 1kbs eventually.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Any news on maybe uploading a full client instead of using this patcher nonsense? I'm not able to download the game client through the patcher, nothing is going to fix the problem. It's just not working for a lot of people, download speeds haults to 1kbs eventually.

I'll get a full client updated for you in the morning.

LOMCN Doesnt really like the advertisement of forums from other places. We have a forum on our website Pottsy. I'll ask for one to be made on here aswell

LoosePube

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Canada

I'll get a full client updated for you in the morning.

LOMCN Doesnt really like the advertisement of forums from other places. We have a forum on our website Pottsy. I'll ask for one to be made on here aswell

Not just for me, for the millions across the world