Affinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

scottstevenjohn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2014
Re: Legend Of Mir Affinity

BE Is used for a later quest thats why youre findin it hard to get one...but on the other hand why are you even cryin about a quest thats 21 lvls lower then you...and has a **** reward lool?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

BE Is used for a later quest thats why youre findin it hard to get one...but on the other hand why are you even cryin about a quest thats 21 lvls lower then you...and has a **** reward lool?

Clearly you lack the basic understanding of progression. Furthermore, no one is 'crying' its called feedback.
Actually judging by the state of that comment you have the mentality of a child so, ill leave it at that.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

I'll look into the respawns of Bone Elite, its more than likely that its on a "IsBoss" Type spawn so its only providing one instead of the four its supposed to, Will amend for next reboot ( Just means each bone elite will be a different mob entity )

And Gangsta, kindly read back to the previous post where I said the EXP table is not at fault, it was a cave of which I am changing and it has been changed so that it is 50% warr type monsters and 50% Wiz/tao Type monsters. No one has exploited so lets leave that at the door.

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

I'll look into the respawns of Bone Elite, its more than likely that its on a "IsBoss" Type spawn so its only providing one instead of the four its supposed to, Will amend for next reboot ( Just means each bone elite will be a different mob entity )

And Gangsta, kindly read back to the previous post where I said the EXP table is not at fault, it was a cave of which I am changing and it has been changed so that it is 50% warr type monsters and 50% Wiz/tao Type monsters. No one has exploited so lets leave that at the door.

So then you've changed it which is now in favour of the players already 52+ and way in front? That's First class from you

It has took you a good few days to even answer my question which in my eyes is that you knew something was wrong you was just coming u

I've been told my numerous of players that the exp table is buggered at 52+ and always has been even on your previous server and surely as a GM you would notice these levels not slowing up if your running the server as a buisness as you previously said you should be concentrating on it.

---------- Post Merged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:41 PM ----------

So then you've changed it which is now in favour of the players already 52+ and way in front? That's First class from you

It has took you a good few days to even answer my question which in my eyes is that you knew something was wrong you was just coming up with a excuse to fix it

I've been told my numerous of players that the exp table is buggered at 52+ and always has been even on your previous server and surely as a GM you would notice these levels not slowing up if your running the server as a buisness as you previously said you should be concentrating on it.

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016

SO now they are so far ahead why would u change them expr caves that's even worse...

put a cap on the level at 60 for 2 weeks let people catch up and then start changing caves.

changing them now would be more in favour for them ones who have used them caves

Is this the first time you've actually logged on Legend of Mir?

You do realise, there doing more % at higher level, because they are able to kill monsters quicker, than we can at lower level?..

Please, Use your "common sense" if you have any.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Well....he kind of has a point lol.

You can't adjust something that has been heavily used by a number of players (Unless that adjustment is a benefit to them and everyone else), because it creates a disadvantage lol.

If say the cave for 60+ was giving 1000 exp per mob....all those 60+ players are using the cave and getting kills. I'm Lv58 at the moment. Takes me a week to get to 60 to get into this cave. As i reach this point, you nerf the exp to 500.

Now not only am I getting 50% of the exp other players got, but it's also now harder to catchup...whereas they have raked in the advantage of the extra exp.

Same can be said for drop files. If a boss was dropping 1/1 and then you changed it to 1/50....you've removed a guaranteed drop chance, allowing those players who killed the boss to benefit.

Adjustments should never be a "decrease" because it creates disadvantages to those players who haven't been able to benefit from them whilst also allowing the players who did, to maintain that advantage they have gained. Whereas if you've adjusted with an "increase" it would benefit the upcoming players, whilst not creating a disadvantage to the players who used the previous settings (because they too are now receiving the benefit as well).

To maintain the balance with a decrease, you either need to ensure that:
1) The entire server was able to benefit from it equally before you changed (Never gunna happen)
2) You roll back the server to before the first advantage was given (You could imagine how well that would go down)

Best solution? Never decrease anything you've put into the server unless you're 100% confident about getting the rewards back. Under shoot your implementations, and then increase bit by bit afterwards to ensure a perfect result.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

how can you overtune a cave so much, that the exp needs to be halved on the mobs? lol.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Well....he kind of has a point lol.

You can't adjust something that has been heavily used by a number of players (Unless that adjustment is a benefit to them and everyone else), because it creates a disadvantage lol.

If say the cave for 60+ was giving 1000 exp per mob....all those 60+ players are using the cave and getting kills. I'm Lv58 at the moment. Takes me a week to get to 60 to get into this cave. As i reach this point, you nerf the exp to 500.

Now not only am I getting 50% of the exp other players got, but it's also now harder to catchup...whereas they have raked in the advantage of the extra exp.

Same can be said for drop files. If a boss was dropping 1/1 and then you changed it to 1/50....you've removed a guaranteed drop chance, allowing those players who killed the boss to benefit.

Adjustments should never be a "decrease" because it creates disadvantages to those players who haven't been able to benefit from them whilst also allowing the players who did, to maintain that advantage they have gained. Whereas if you've adjusted with an "increase" it would benefit the upcoming players, whilst not creating a disadvantage to the players who used the previous settings (because they too are now receiving the benefit as well).

To maintain the balance with a decrease, you either need to ensure that:
1) The entire server was able to benefit from it equally before you changed (Never gunna happen)
2) You roll back the server to before the first advantage was given (You could imagine how well that would go down)

Best solution? Never decrease anything you've put into the server unless you're 100% confident about getting the rewards back. Under shoot your implementations, and then increase bit by bit afterwards to ensure a perfect result.

What I dont think people are understanding is, I haven't changed the EXP of the cave in the slightest, the monsters AC/AMC has been adjusted so that they are 50% Warrior type and 50% Wizard type, and a soft cap has been put at level 60. So I think people have the wrong end of the stick here But I 100% get your point with reducing EXP (Which i haven't done)

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

Is this the first time you've actually logged on Legend of Mir?

You do realise, there doing more % at higher level, because they are able to kill monsters quicker, than we can at lower level?..

Please, Use your "common sense" if you have any.

You clearly are clueless as well

the caves vary with levels...

how does it get easier to level let me break it down for you because clearly you got an IQ of a toilet seat.

this is just an example

Level 60 need 100mill to level and the mobs give 500k a mob

level 52 needs 20mill to level and mobs give 250k a mob

the level 52 should clearly level faster considering he is 8 levels lower

Exp needed per level should never stay the same because you will never catch up it should get harder the higher you get FACT

AND as for him changing the exp on mobs now that's an unfair advantage as the higher players have already been in there

also if you've played this server you will know that any class can solo and kill just as fast from level 48+

so before you ask me if Ive got common sense, look at yourself first

Have I played mir before??? if you look at my bio I've been on lomcn since 2004 yet you've been here a year I think your the one who has only just logged on

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

Fair enough exp is same per lvl52-60, but everyone gets same advantage? Not like nothings changed.
Lvl48/50s can make like 15% an hr in sand/core, so they will soon be in isles killin in caves, the caves r fine in grps for lvl50s.
lvl60 soft cap is ingame so u will all catch up some way, but ur comparing a 3hr a day lvler to ppl who lvl like 10hrs a day lol, why shud they catch up?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

You clearly are clueless as well

the caves vary with levels...

how does it get easier to level let me break it down for you because clearly you got an IQ of a toilet seat.

this is just an example

Level 60 need 100mill to level and the mobs give 500k a mob

level 52 needs 20mill to level and mobs give 250k a mob

the level 52 should clearly level faster considering he is 8 levels lower

Exp needed per level should never stay the same because you will never catch up it should get harder the higher you get FACT

AND as for him changing the exp on mobs now that's an unfair advantage as the higher players have already been in there

also if you've played this server you will know that any class can solo and kill just as fast from level 48+

so before you ask me if Ive got common sense, look at yourself first

Have I played mir before??? if you look at my bio I've been on lomcn since 2004 yet you've been here a year I think your the one who has only just logged on

Please get your facts right i clearly stated i haven't changed the EXP of the mobs.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

In my country there's a saying...."a lie has short legs" .

scottstevenjohn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2014

Can anyone help me? i aint changed no settings on my pc or in the files it self.. but whenever i try to log on now my screen just goes black and i have to restart my pc..iv tired to change the res, play in windows nothing seems to work?

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

Please get your facts right i clearly stated i haven't changed the EXP of the mobs.

anyway I'm not going to carry on going on because it doesn't really effect me no more because I done play.

enjoy the server while it lasts

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

Can anyone help me? i aint changed no settings on my pc or in the files it self.. but whenever i try to log on now my screen just goes black and i have to restart my pc..iv tired to change the res, play in windows nothing seems to work?
SDK/Direct/Net framwork may need updating? Was it working before?

---------- Post Merged at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Try changing to windowed mode

scottstevenjohn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2014

yeah was workin fine b4 and it works in 800x600 but yeah its nastyyy lol

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

Azzi, this is a reply to your PayPal chargeback on ********...

you talk utter nonsense because I've never recalled donations back on any server and only ever played this server of yours.

I would never of reclaimed my Donations if your stuck to your end of the deal and updated the game correctly and tested things.

not once did you do a test before implementing things it was always a rush and when you did implement them it was always ****

you either ignore certain players or suck other players off

haven't heard nothing back from you on PayPal yet but more than likely going to go in our favour.

Donation was sent as a purchase not a gift :P if I'm not happy with the purchase I am entitled to a refund PayPal will always favour the purchaser

Last edited:

Cybac

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2015

Azzi, this is a reply to your PayPal chargeback on ********...

you talk utter nonsense because I've never recalled donations back on any server and only ever played this server of yours.

I would never of reclaimed my Donations if your stuck to your end of the deal and updated the game correctly and tested things.

not once did you do a test before implementing things it was always a rush and when you did implement them it was always ****

you either ignore certain players or suck other players off

haven't heard nothing back from you on PayPal yet but more than likely going to go in our favour.

Donation was sent as a purchase not a gift :P if I'm not happy with the purchase I am entitled to a refund PayPal will always favour the purchaser

All updates were done as intended and as decided internally, you are not part of the Affinity Gaming team and as such were not a part of the decision making process nor privy to any additional information.

You have zero knowledge of what was implemented and/or if it was tested and how it was rolled out in any way and no idea of any other issues that are related or could have been related, you're literally making assumptions. While there were some issues and there are still some areas we'd like to update and change we've always been open about the fact that we will always have ongoing developments. There are plenty of additions, upgrades and refinements we want to make however only so many hours in a day for 2 people.

Just because you didn't get your own way does not mean you were ignored, plenty of discussions were had and plenty of man hours being put in behind the scenes to resolve things.

Whether you get the refund or not is not a reflection of right or wrong, as stated PayPal does indeed favour the purchaser and as such you have my gratitude for making it apparent that its too open to unethical abuse, I wish you the best of luck and I'm not all that bothered if you get it, this is not about the small amount of money involved. Your "purchase" was quite clearly a donation as labelled and was given and received in good faith. Of course I've not replied yet, it's been about 15-20 minutes since you escalated it.

You sir are just completely throwing your toys out the pram because it didn't go your way and despite having had the benefit of your donation and the time playing feel you're entitled to it all back, even one from as far back as the 29th May.

The silver lining in all this is we can now part ways and let you play somewhere else, something that we both agree is a positive step forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cybac

(You're misquoting by saying it's Azzi by the way, it's me you've been dealing with today and until resolution)

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I joint a couple of days back and I can say it is decent well set out server, but I have afew major issues that make me not want to play this server.
Firstly the lag issues, i hear a lot of people get this to, I don't have this issue with any other mir server that I've played but I can't use drop view (or tab an item) or I lagg and freeze up if there's more than 5 or 6 items on the floor especially death and boss drops! And some times in a big lure alone I'll get lag even with name / drop view off the only way I can play decently is with drop/name and effects off! This shouldn't be the case, I should be able to enjoy playing with having it all of it on.
Secondly is I feel kinda squishy and useless as a Tao at the moment, hearing from higher Tao's this doesn't get much better either, i understand I'm a support class but no way should a warrior near my lvl basically 1shot me, a wizz near 2shots me with flame disruption? what kind of support is that if I'm dieing stupidly fast ? I don't know if this gets better at 50+ but right now it's shocking to say the least and higher Tao's say they die just as fast. 

Hi Logik,

We've made some improvements to the way the games hardware and config were setup, you should have noticed some improvements in lag, could you let me know if this is the case and where it stands for you at the moment?

Thanks

Cyb.

Gangsta

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2004

All updates were done as intended and as decided internally, you are not part of the Affinity Gaming team and as such were not a part of the decision making process nor privy to any additional information.

You have zero knowledge of what was implemented and/or if it was tested and how it was rolled out in any way and no idea of any other issues that are related or could have been related, you're literally making assumptions. While there were some issues and there are still some areas we'd like to update and change we've always been open about the fact that we will always have ongoing developments. There are plenty of additions, upgrades and refinements we want to make however only so many hours in a day for 2 people.

Just because you didn't get your own way does not mean you were ignored, plenty of discussions were had and plenty of man hours being put in behind the scenes to resolve things.

Whether you get the refund or not is not a reflection of right or wrong, as stated PayPal does indeed favour the purchaser and as such you have my gratitude for making it apparent that its too open to unethical abuse, I wish you the best of luck and I'm not all that bothered if you get it, this is not about the small amount of money involved. Your "purchase" was quite clearly a donation as labelled and was given and received in good faith. Of course I've not replied yet, it's been about 15-20 minutes since you escalated it.

You sir are just completely throwing your toys out the pram because it didn't go your way and despite having had the benefit of your donation and the time playing feel you're entitled to it all back, even one from as far back as the 29th May.

The silver lining in all this is we can now part ways and let you play somewhere else, something that we both agree is a positive step forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cybac

(You're misquoting by saying it's Azzi by the way, it's me you've been dealing with today and until resolution)

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 PM ----------

There was no throwing my toys out of the pram, things weren't tested because a few people mentioned MR being to high and
within 5-10minutes of mentioning it the server MAGICALLY crashed and updates were put in place so there was no testing being done.

Also the server was that buggy and NOT tested that Shrooms and shrubs in isles couldn't be poisoned or hit by pets?
Yet level 52 wizards were making 24% an hour just putting FW on top they had no regen so could just run round in circles making serious exp. Very good testing that is

The thing that always got to me was the fact that only a set few people got listened to its not only me who thinks this I'm just the only one who's got balls to say it

The silver lining is that I could take 12 of your 45 user count instantly which will then end in another failed server by Azzi and co

Deleting Richie's comments off ******** makes you look guilty

Enjoy your server and hopefully it lasts for you

ciao

Last edited:

Cybac

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2015

Ooooh one more thing I wanted to add for everyone, both myself and Azzi have listened to feedback regarding it being a bit boring leveling up to 45-50 before seeing the new content and we agree to a certain extent, (as in that's true for experienced and long term Mir players but not for people who are new to the game, it's one of the reasons we wanted to push people to the isles a little faster where they can see the new stuff while making sure those who have put in the hours get a little extra bump in kit as well.

I think we'll have to have a revamp of the early content but in the mean time it's worth pushing through the Isles event to see the new stuff.

We've also added some more functionality into the website to tie it into your game account in preparation for some additional features that are coming soon.