Peoples Opinions on mir 2 failed servers that keep trying but never succeed.

smoochy boys on tour

ascended

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 19, 2016
What could of made it a good server?

What needs to be done?

Own opinions on the matters.

tell me a server that flopped hard and why :D:encouragement:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Easy...

- Repetitiveness
- Nothing new
- Cash Shop > Content
- Minimal effort
- Lack of community contact
- Attempts to please the few as oppose to the many
- Lack of foresight towards balance/content changes

Every failed server to date will have at least crossed one of these problems.

Very few have simply expired to 'time'

Last edited:

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
not sure i could really of said it any better myself :P thats why i have my own server for my family, serer pop of 3 but damn it works well XD

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
mir's just a generally boring game when you get to the point where you've got all your skills and grinding for an hour is 1%

needs more accessible end game content for guilds to do

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Agree with all of the above to be honest.

One of the main things is end game content for groups for me, people seem to want mir to be a solo game, but i would personally like group content released as well, as it gives guilds a purpose and challenge.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The #1 Reason server die these days is because it's not 1.4 / 1.9 anymore where you can whip up a server with some caves + kit and be good.. Everybody want unique stuff in which you need a coder and most coder's want £££ which they should for their work and not many people and willing to put their own money into something that could fail. Specially with everybody using #C files now if you don't have a coder or know what your doing you can't fix all crash's which happen when adding new thing's.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
One way servers fail is due to when pple start drifting off and they drift off because they are either veteran solo players or group players and the server becomes too easy or too hard for their gameplay type. This factor usually surfaces with server population at higher levels.

Those who like to hunt in groups don't like to see bosses being soloed or hunting caves where you don't need to hunt in groups, when grouping up with others in fact gets into the way of leveling (either too few mobs to be had, or mobs too easy for group effort etc) and group play oriented pple start leaving.

And solo players get put off by excessive hardness when you can't solo bosses or even hunt in some caves effectively due to them being made hard to suit group effort...

I'd like to see servers defined not only by 'rate' but also by solo or group playing orientation. On solo server grouping up function wouldn't be there, or if it was you would get such a punitive exp cuts the bigger the group was that nobody would group up for leveling purpose. And KRs woudn't allow groups in them at all. You could still join with your buddies but only one of you would get exp for kill, only one could pick drop before it would open to all, only one would get quest point if the boss was quest mob...

And vice versa on group oriented servers - solo you wouldn't be able to enter KRs, subs would be made hard to discourage solo players, end game items would be open to get only to group efforts, solo players might buy those from TM only...