Happy Server [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

coolcopy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2015
서버 오픈 : 6/23 금요일 오후 7:00 (낮은 가격)
다운로드 링크 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_3grzHy80ixdWdEcGhMVTV0Ync

8ff7dc023a8299cfc630671eb688aba0.gif

Last edited:

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Re: Happy mir2 Season 2 6/23 Open ! (Low rate )

It's looking good !
However, my concern with this is that it isn't fully translated from what I can see, besides the teleport NPC and part of the GS or how you call it fantasy/supporter store (and I hope no game-breaking items are available in the store).
Imo the quest system and all the items/options , smelting, marginal breaking sys, property enhancement sys, all the NPC's tbh... need to be available in english too for the server to get populated. It has potential, and I wanna play it. I'm sure a lot of ppl want too, just cba with the language.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

Looks all well and good but my concern would be why was the first version only up such a short time(27/04-8/06) before v2 came out? I mean worse server's have been up longer ..

All the best though is probably what we need at the moment as Archons hold has gone and there seems to be a mixture of people split between other testing servers.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Hope a day comes when they fully convert to support English aswell as Korean. Played V1 with only Korean and just teleport / starter npc in English and it's so advanced from any other C# files it was sweet i just couldn't understand most of it, i couldn't turn off the stupid Annimation above character's head it was all to much for my eye's so i had to log. G/l Soon as it's fully translated i'm sure this will do very well

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017

is this server in beta now? if so cant log in, and does it have an english version, cuz no one can read korean

lee0420

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 6, 2016

korean time~
6/23 Open friday.

Grand open.

---------- Post Merged at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:15 AM ----------

oh~ bro

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

A lot of hard work has been put into this server, People will always complain about the Language but at least you h\ve made the effort, not like another foreign server which advertises on here.

Regarding the Hunting Log, Have you just brought Jamies/Hello's work from the Marble Server?

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Tbh the server looks really good. I usually don't feel like this about new servers but this one just looks ahead of its time and it would be a damn shame if ppl wouldn't play it cause of the language barrier.

If I were the GM,I would make an investment in paying a professional translator Korean to English, even to Mandarin ( I think lots of chinese players will join,as most of them don't speak/read english ) for few hours of his/her time and then implement the translations on every NPC & feature.

It will than have the most of the U/C and you will get ur investment back in a blink of an eye.
It has too much potential for u not to do the translations if u ask me !

But hey...that's just my two cents :P

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I am not clear on if this 'Season 2' means wipe out and starting @lev1 ?

I haven't played the recent servers too much (marble) or some not at all (like archons or that hispared which I just logged on once) and so can't tell 'how much this one is ahead of time' but it certainly looks that way. It seems Iceman's server now in testing could come close or maybe even beat it? I didn't manage to log on that one yet.

What do you make of those new higher resolutions? Don't know really what to expect from it. Is it going to be some graphics 'scaling' or what.

Korean time 7pm means 11am GMT, 12 noon CET

---------- Post Merged at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Hope a day comes when they fully convert to support English aswell as Korean. Played V1 with only Korean and just teleport / starter npc in English and it's so advanced from any other C# files it was sweet i just couldn't understand most of it, i couldn't turn off the stupid Annimation above character's head it was all to much for my eye's so i had to log. G/l Soon as it's fully translated i'm sure this will do very well

You could turn off only the 'circle of light' animation under chars feet (no idea what that signifies), not that spiraling animation that indicates char level (like char70-79 has bluish which changes to greenish when you make lev80) and which shows fairly infrequently, only just when you log on, all chars in SZ start the animation at the same time and it is way too powerful then but somehow it gets scattered in time later on so it happens at different time for diff chars and is not bothersome really and I must say I am quite put off by animations, be it game or websites.

There were some translations but not quite enough of them by far if I should be honest. I put up with it and stayed but have to admit at the same time it cut into my gameplay considerably, not in day to day playing but longer term char development. You got all those regular messages in chat telling about some exp bonus caves but we had no idea which place it was, some items in gameshop had only korean description, like I used some scroll that gives exp bonus on C# english gameshop files but it cut my exp points to half or something like 2/3 and I could only think it might have been drop bonus at the expense of exp points or else I have no idea what it was LOL

Was also foggy on higher level skills, like lev70 ImmortalSkin which I never figured out and was no help to me in any way I could tell when fighting bosses which were mostly really hard as were the higher level hunting maps.
Just before the server closed (about which I got no clue about beforehand whatsoever) I fought some boss in StrongSpider 'KR' which I got on video as I was just testing my new game recording program, and after watching the video I saw I wasn't making a single bloody point of damage, or else the damage like rev bar on bosses doesn't show? That was another boss against which I stood no chance. Bosses Ai was quite impressive, inventive, it seemed to me, at least those ones I could stand up against for some time.

Also there was badly missing info like attack speed and some other stats on char panel, font was bigger than it should be and the stat text ran past the panel at the bottom of it...

Last edited:

百战荣归

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2016

国人加群123767421 老司机再等你……有点心理准备,不充钱就要肝,卖pc卖材料卖金币这个区……

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

I am sure I've seen this somewhere before...

This screenshot belongs to the character "miss" a level 43 Wizard.

JXGFA7f.png

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

Not sure what you mean....

That's clearly got Korean writing on it like the rest of the text boxes...

I am sure I've seen this somewhere before...

This screenshot belongs to the character "miss" a level 43 Wizard.

JXGFA7f.png

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

You got closed source files, don't see what your point is, unless your source leaked? Not that I would see the point even if it did.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

You got closed source files, don't see what your point is, unless your source leaked? Not that I would see the point even if it did.

The screenshot is actually from Marble and not their server, Why would they use a Marble screenshot instead of their own if they have this feature.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

You're right if that is the case. Likely explanation would be they copycat the feature from your server but didn't have the interface ready to make screen of it or, and more likely, they don't have as high, lets say scruples, as is usual out here in the West when it comes to these things. Also the idea might have been it might look more friendly to us not being all in korean... or else they are very busy and it slipped in. And who knows if the feature gonna be in the server after all, it is all a tad confusing and we just have to wait and see.

Though I can only wish that you guys would be as agile (I don't think its the matter that you have scruples) in adopting what is good about that server features that your servers don't have. Some of you that ran or run their own servers did make a char on happy server but never logged on after that first day. Definitely not enough time to gauge the server features. In fact it puzzles me deeply why such folks did bother to log on at all.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

I tryed to play, there was just to most going with effects and system msgs and hard to understand.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016

. In fact it puzzles me deeply why such folks did bother to log on at all.

Because 90% of it is in korean ?

Because of this you miss out on a hell of alot that the server has to offer.

Isn't rocket science

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Because 90% of it is in korean ?

Because of this you miss out on a hell of alot that the server has to offer.

Isn't rocket science

It's also not rocket science to think that a Korean run server would be mainly in Korean ^.

Most of the popular servers are / have been heavily Chinese populated - yet they don't ask for all of those servers to be translated in to Chinese and/or log on expecting that it's already in Chinese.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

LOL I always thought I am behind times since I never liked too much the flashy way mir developed (not wanting to be old school, some of it is OK) but that's the trend and it is more so out in Asia. You won't find someone more religiously banning animation in websites than myself, only further step would be having only text on websites.
After not being for a time on 5H server I noticed its move to items highlights, everything flashy (OK the starter box items you get when you log on now are opposite extreme), also recall a time back I logged on chronicles and saw even the hp/mp ball was animated...

The system messages in profusion I could also do without, they can be filtered but then I believe you can miss some messages/communication you don't want to miss, also it resets to no filtering every log on.
Luckily the font size adjustment option came in a patch which eased the pain of item names showing when picking up via tab (they were obscuring item visibility and were totally useless to us).

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Did we get to the bottom of why they were using a Marble screenshot, with Korean overlaid in paint? lol

Heard nout but good things about the server so far, ignoring the language barrier. Good stuff.