Looking for...

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hi All,

I am looking for potential team member(s) to assist with the Mir Project I am currently underway with.
(Please pm me to discuss the actual project)

I am after people to assist with as little or as much as they would like.

Some areas I would like people to assist with are:
>ItemDB Modifications, creating new items, equipment, quest items etc. and do their initial balance depending on rarity, level requirements etc.
>Questing relating to all areas, from creating area's lore through story quests and the generic kill and grab quests.
>Source Code Edits - as much as you are confident in doing, so this can range from adding new mob AI/ spells etc. to whatever your heart desires!
>Image/Minimap Changes/Edits

Mapping/NPCs are currently solely with me as I still have a lot of maps to add and I already have their layouts planned.

The reason I am looking for a person (or people) to come on board is especially over the next 2 months I won't be able to keep up the same pace as I currently am with the server due to ; going on holiday, moving to my first own home, projects to complete at work, + other commitments!

If you are after payments for work rendered, this can be discussed (be it from any potential GameStore sales / Paypal Payment etc.)

Irrelevant of if I have others come aboard, the server will be released, but I want to make it attract a decent size player base so I will take as much time as I feel is required prior to release!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
If you haven't announced anything of a server, then it really doesn't matter if you don't work on it for 2 months lol, no one is going to know :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If you haven't announced anything of a server, then it really doesn't matter if you don't work on it for 2 months lol, no one is going to know :P

But if he doesn't release a server how is he going to pay for that holiday and those moving costs?

Moved to Mir 2 Chat.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

It's more long term I want a person or two to assist with the up keep in future as well I guess! but yeah it doesn't really matter to much I suppose!

But if he doesn't release a server how is he going to pay for that holiday and those moving costs?

Moved to Mir 2 Chat.
Thanks for the move!
This made me lol! :P already all paid for though... might fund next years shenanigans instead ^.^ haha

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well, even so.

Coding i can somewhat understand...it's not exactly the most common trait.

But you're asking for the basics of stuff like adding items/quest logs etc....if you can't keep that up, then you shouldn't really be hosting anything ;)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Well, even so.

Coding i can somewhat understand...it's not exactly the most common trait.

But you're asking for the basics of stuff like adding items/quest logs etc....if you can't keep that up, then you shouldn't really be hosting anything ;)

Its more that I have a ton of things to add as well as that, and rather than me spending time on the easy stuff, I can code in new stuff while someone else can action this

It's not limited to what was mentioned, but quests I have done take time as some i have done are long chains for the story, tested them through properly and so forth.

Be it myself or with others, I will be working on this to (hopefully) make a server a lot of people will enjoy!

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Its more that I have a ton of things to add as well as that, and rather than me spending time on the easy stuff, I can code in new stuff while someone else can action this

It's not limited to what was mentioned, but quests I have done take time as some i have done are long chains for the story, tested them through properly and so forth.

Be it myself or with others, I will be working on this to (hopefully) make a server a lot of people will enjoy!

All I ask is don't launch in the first quarter of next year ;)

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
Goddamn it - I seen the title "Looking for...." and I genuinely thought it was going to be a Personals Ad.

I thought LOMCN had finally ****ing done it.

I thought we'd actually reached a level of incestuous self loathing high enough that we had begun to solicit each other for love.

Not sure why I'm disappointed that it wasn't that.

It's scary that I'm actually more afraid of another Mir server being brought into existence than I am of the first thing.

Oh well, who really gives a **** anyway.

Good luck with your server, and finding love outside of your Fleshlight.