[GSP] Release - Dat Encoder/Decoder for Mir2/Mir3 GSP & Kor versions. [Source & Build]

smoochy boys on tour

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Release - Dat Encoder/Decoder for Mir2/Mir3 GSP & Kor versions. [Source & Build]

Hello ppl, i think this one is usefull for someone.

Full decoder/encoder for wemade (Mir3Res.dat & item.dat) files (Server & Client Sides).

Working Link: http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir3/Dat Decoder.rar

Program Build:
- Link

Source Code (Pass: LomCN):
- Link

I know i released time ago the basis source code to decypt, ect, but now, i release a full working program with source code.

I tested and works fine, better than Cmd prompt released time ago.

Enjoy ^^

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

ops the source has a bug, dont ask for xml to load to encode, i fix later ;)

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Fixed! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Re: Release - Dat Encoder/Decoder for Mir2/Mir3 GSP & Kor versions. [Source & Build]

Thread made a sticky

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Re: Release - Dat Encoder/Decoder for Mir2/Mir3 GSP & Kor versions. [Source & Build]

ty dj

this made me understand a little more how gsp works

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

Thread made a sticky

thx :)

---------- Post Merged at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:23 PM ----------

ty dj

this made me understand a little more how gsp works

not only gsp, all the lastest wemade mir2 and mir3 uses that encoding, the client have a little copy of the DB of the server encrypted with a modified blowfish.

Wemade done this to save network traffic.

On old versions that only the main DB are on server side the network is increased +66%, in the lastest games (mir2 and mir3), for example, for sending a item, only sends the ID and added stats in a buffer, very short packet compared to old versions.

For this reason wemade uses this method, the only problem of this, if someone crack the encryption you can take a little copy of the original wemade DB basic stats. This time is now :)

I putted the hard functions (decoded asm to vb.net) to dll because i think if someone need to decrypt or encrypt them no need more than that to use.
If someone want the source from dll (for curiosity) can decompile easy because is .Net language using any net decompiler over the internet. ;)

mansil

Banned
Banned
Sep 27, 2016

ty
The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
My God, the document can't be downloaded.
Can you provide a download link?:smug:

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016

Aww the file being deleted. Hope u can upload another link thanks!

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012

hey tried to use this to decrypt .dat map files in the KR client , but it says this "destination array is not long enough"

---------- Post Merged on 06-08-2017 at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-08-2017 at 07:43 PM ----------

Never mind if you change the .dat file to .rar and extract it . that works :P

gentlekdy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2006

The file link has been deleted.
The file is also corrupted in the archive.
May I ask you to link again?

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles

@DjDarkBoyZ
I'm using the decoder to save dat to xml, then i edited in xml file.
here comes the problem, after I
encoder it back from xml to dat seems like everything I've changed is not saved somehow.
Can you please help me?

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

@DjDarkBoyZ
I'm using the decoder to save dat to xml, then i edited in xml file.
here comes the problem, after I
encoder it back from xml to dat seems like everything I've changed is not saved somehow.
Can you please help me?

Some things need to be changed on both sides.
For example, if u change a item stats, u need to change on server file Mir3Res.dat and on client file item.dat
Good luck ;)

Reactions: zedina

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles

Some things need to be changed on both sides.
For example, if u change a item stats, u need to change on server file Mir3Res.dat and on client file item.dat
Good luck ;)
@DjDarkBoyZ
Thank you for the reply DJ.
I guess you misunderstanding what I mean.
I'm using decoder for Korea Mir2 official server.
trying to edit KR Mir2 rtem.dat file in order to change the items name to other languages.
But after I decoded rtem.dat to XML, I'm using XML Explorer to edit it and use encoder to encrypt it back to dat file.
But nothing is saved whatever I changed.
Maybe there is something I was doing wrong?
Maybe there are special tools to edit XML file?
Also can you please upload fixed version of
decoder/encoder again.
Seems like the one I downloaded from http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir3/ doesn't ask for XML to load to encode.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

i know mir3 structure, but mir2 im a little lost.
I know wemade do same encoding for both games and for that my encoder is compatible but I not tested on mir2.

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles

i know mir3 structure, but mir2 im a little lost.
I know wemade do same encoding for both games and for that my encoder is compatible but I not tested on mir2.
@DjDarkBoyZ
Well, I can save the changes for dat file now by using Omikkk's Crypt.
But the client will not recognize it.
Now i dont know what to do....

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield

Anyone reupload this for me?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

OP should of used github

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018

Submit this to Github, impressive work. You know being able to see the drop files of the server by looking at its DB on the client is a kind of shame really.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

thx, is a asm to .Net manual decompilation of wemade code.
i need to find again the sources on hd and upload again. ^^ btw if someone have curiosity can decompile too to see. ;)