Server Online NOW - ALPHA testing.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Shinsu needs speeding up a bit he moves a tile then pauses for like a week then moves again.
The amulets you get at the start seem to be bugged they dont work for anything so i bought some and they work fine

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Suggestion 1: Make the door way bigger, 1 space block will get messy when more players come in.

Suggestion 2: Adjustment on Mana cost of spells. I assume they are still their defaults with noob level Mana....burns a pot for every spell cast early on lol....i'm sure it won't be a problem later, but something to think about.

Suggestion 3: Fix your maps :) I RT'd into a cliff (You also don't have an @home or @town to save me)

Thanks for this.

1) Will add a teleport out to the NPC, I suppose i just presumed people wouldn't be dicks but it is Mir after all i suppose ha.

2) The mana is something I have noticed myself when testing, however should be fine once you hit level 10. However due to the way the server is done, if I decrease it anymore then it doesn't use enough mana as you hit higher levels. Going to be problems when merging HR stats with a LR leveling system >_<.
I'll have a tweak and can see if can't make it better.

3) @town :p (Tho i will fix the attributes)

In regards to amulets, I never had this be aware tho amulet wont work like traditionally from your slots. They work from out of your bag ((should probabaly of mentioned this).

This is so you can just stick them in your bag and not have to keep switching between Pois/Amulet.

Will also increase shinsu's movement speed slighty more.

Some good feedback guys appreciate it, Might be abit hard to test the mid-high level content as the server is designed to be like euro (so getting to level 40 is not something you will be able to do quickly)

If enough are online later will level/kit everyone up and let you loose in the 25+ areas, I need some help with testing the group caves as its kind of hard to test these when its just me :D (i suspect they are way to hard)

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks for this.

1) Will add a teleport out to the NPC
2) The mana is something I have noticed myself when testing, however should be fine once you hit level 10.

3) @town :p (Tho i will fix the attributes)

In regards to amulets, I never had this be aware tho amulet wont work like traditionally from your slots. They work from out of your bag ((should probabaly of mentioned this).

This is so you can just stick them in your bag and not have to keep switching between Pois/Amulet.

Perhaps remove the slot so people dont try to equip them? :D

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You still need the slot for poison, might add a comment on amulets saying "use me from the bag" or something along them lines.

Just add an additional slot for poison as well, it's what I did.
Makes Taoists feel a lot less clunky.

Also for your door ways, perhaps just edit the maps attributes so you can walk on more than 1 stair space, then add additional movements to the maps?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Just add an additional slot for poison as well, it's what I did.
Makes Taoists feel a lot less clunky.

Also for your door ways, perhaps just edit the maps attributes so you can walk on more than 1 stair space, then add additional movements to the maps?

Could do.

I think in my eagerness to bring back that euro feel, I may of made it slightly too hard to level.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Could do.

I think in my eagerness to bring back that euro feel, I may of made it slightly too hard to level.

mmm....not really too worried about the lvling.

As you've revamped the skills and their levels, i doubt anyone would care about the lvling speed lol.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
mmm....not really too worried about the lvling.

As you've revamped the skills and their levels, i doubt anyone would care about the lvling speed lol.

That was my thinking as you may be level 15.

But you are level 15 with TDB/FF ect.

See how it goes, but considering some people have played quite a bit no one is over level 17 as of yet.

Though, in fairness it is meant to be a hardcore server.

Keep the feedback coming guys, need to know where I am going wrong ^^

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
That was my thinking as you may be level 15.

But you are level 15 with TDB/FF ect.

See how it goes, but considering some people have played quite a bit no one is over level 17 as of yet.

Though, in fairness it is meant to be a hardcore server.

Keep the feedback coming guys, need to know where I am going wrong ^^

Well as always the problem is that it's Alpha lol.

I won't be playing much of it as it will burn me out.

Perhaps just suping up the exp for the testing (like x20 or something). Allow us to burst through.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Well as always the problem is that it's Alpha lol.

I won't be playing much of it as it will burn me out.

Perhaps just suping up the exp for the testing (like x20 or something). Allow us to burst through.

Not a bad shout, but half the reason im putting it up while its in this state is to judge if the pace is right :P.

Tho, it will need to be increased as cant expect people to sink 40 hours into getting level 30, on an Alpha server.

Was thinking of adding a NPC, that will set your level/give items ect and then letting everyone have a run about and explore (as there is loads to explore)

lvl 15 with tdb and ff skils ?

Indeed, Like i said its a Lowrate/High rate hybrid. (Tho, not a super Highrate)

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
how do plan on offering mid,end of game skills,items,bosses and so.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ohh snap, why do I have a holiday this reminds me of your PVP server.. Ayndril was it? I recognise that HZ map!

I remember there was 4-5 global bosses, and then invasions and town conquers.... solid PVP for bosses, and supped up Gem kits everybody was on equal levels, no "p2w or Geek2win"

Hopefully I get all work done and can have a try later :(

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Not a bad shout, but half the reason im putting it up while its in this state is to judge if the pace is right :P.

Tho, it will need to be increased as cant expect people to sink 40 hours into getting level 30, on an Alpha server.

Was thinking of adding a NPC, that will set your level/give items ect and then letting everyone have a run about and explore (as there is loads to explore)

This will still achieve the same outcome as what i suggested lol.

You aren't going to gain a proper perspective of pace, no server can. People simply will not sink hours into an expected wipe. If you're going to do an NPC that levels you, then that will also negate the pace as you will just level above it, whilst also skipping a lot of the testing.

Players will simply go to the highest level everytime, which with the auto skills you have in place will have an easier time in the caves for that level as they will not have had to open up the skills properly, or gain the items.

As I always tell other people. There are some things quite simply untestable and are down to the server owner to get right or compensate for later on.

Leveling Exp/Quest Rewards/Drop rates....all of which are how you wish the server to progress. If you fk it up from your expectations, then you will need something to compensate. I would recommend low balling, as you can't "fairly" fix a rate too high for your liking as it will create an unfair advantage to those who have been playing from the start....and trust me, you will not be popular if you removed EXP they had earned lol, or items they had found fairly.

But...everyone can benefit from an all round exp/drop boost if you find it is too low.

Obviously listen to the feedback to a certain extent....but primarily this should be in your control, not the players.

On a side note.

Change the @town command to teleport you t your latest SZ...not create a TownTeleport lol....it's minor but very tedious :P

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Recon you can post a few screenies of some features etc.?

I plan to check it out as I always am nosy to new servers, just depends when I get free time to do so, I will try break as much as I can while I am on! :P