A game like mir 3

smoochy boys on tour

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
I know a lot of people are waiting for mir 3 to be brought back to life ( i know iv been waiting)

but unfortunately mir 3 seems to be cursed :(

well i may have a solution for your new mir fix albion online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWktvC7KVQ0

this guy explains the game better then i could

but its got open world pvp and lots of crafting and you can build your character to suit your play style

https://albiononline.com/?ref=AMKQ8SKAME ( my recruitment link) https://albiononline.com (base website)

if you would like to join me in playing it for a while (while we wait for KR files to be finshed)

feel free to join my discord and come play :) (i hope this may help some people with there mir itch

https://discord.gg/WnfXpfx

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Iv not seen what you are doing with your server mind linking it or giving me a quick rundown i tryed to look at your profile but im at work and couldnt find it

Will it have new maps spells?

Low mid or highrate?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I won't be too much longer either...

Jamie your work is very appreciated by me, this community and much other

I have a question and i hope it will not offend you, so lets go :

After you will launch Mir3 Marble ( or w.e. it will be named ) you will do like Marble? get boored and play other games, or do other activities while server was craving for your response?

p.s. before all trolls will jump on me, i know how much jamie helped and still helps this community.. but its a question i had for a while

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I won't be too much longer either...

You always say that - then the project gets dropped. I generally look forward to the day you complete your mir 3 files - now is like the 4th attempt?

I have to give you props though - you did finish (meh somewhat) marble after abandoning crystal mud way.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You always say that - then the project gets dropped. I generally look forward to the day you complete your mir 3 files - now is like the 4th attempt?

I have to give you props though - you did finish (meh somewhat) marble after abandoning crystal mud way.

Marble was good version (is) smooth gameplay and mechanics... saddly it end like that

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Stop trolling people guys. Some of you have their own servers to take care off, so mind your own business:) Good luck Jamie.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Stop trolling people guys. Some of you have their own servers to take care off, so mind your own business:) Good luck Jamie.

the only one trolling is you, as i seen you always post without a logic, like a spartekas v2
he can make 2 x Mir 3 servers, or hell... why not 3? to get low medium and high
but at the end of the day..players matters.. without players you cant do ****... and if you not respect your players.. its a end

but as i said..
i respect jamie's work but i think he is good at coding,but not being a gm

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Spent 4 hours pvping in town last night was so fun
I started off with a lifesteal build axe

But this wizard kept dicking me that could turn invisible 4 times burn me and disapear again

Only way i could beat him was to use reflect magic and self heals till he ran out of mana

Levelig up a stun mace now see what thats like in pvp

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
After you will launch Mir3 Marble ( or w.e. it will be named ) you will do like Marble? get boored and play other games, or do other activities while server was craving for your response?

Jamie is like anyone else, if you're creating something you simply don't like....why would you continue with it?

After numerous conversations with Jamie and Omni (I'm sure i've heard some Shane feedback too), he very much seems to compromise a great deal in his creations and ends up far away from his ideal creation for the sake of the community.

He's often accused of corruption despite zero evidence, and spends an awful amount of time defending that fact (For some reason...i'd tell you to screw off myself lol).

These same corruption accusations are also the reason why he never plays his own servers (Despite always wanting to and intending to).

I believe he is intending to play his next one and hopefully ignores the bad feedback and focuses on the constructive (Yet sometimes crap) feedback.

But you can't fault someone for losing interest in something that they, themselves don't enjoy.

Without spoiling everything, he has numerous plans and ideas that could go a long way to reducing cheaters and corruption accusations, and hopefully means if he's playing it himself, he will stick to his guns and continue adding/adjusting content to what he enjoys and we'll see something away from the "norm"

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I always had that maybe idealistic idea that server owner, developer, should play his own server. Best to judge player feedback and keep interest in long term server developing is to play it himself. And most servers if not all, you don't get much advantage by knowing insides of the server, drop files etc. and even if it makes a difference, so what... problem is only if you are popular char/person with lots of buddies and enemies, then suspicions are always just behind next corner.
But that's not easy as you said because of past history, deserved or undeserved.

Also server should always be made to liking of server owner, if you give in basic ways to voices of your players while you would go in different direction, you end up in position of serving pple and before long you naturally lose interest in the project.

Last edited:

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Simple just play as an 'unknown' character and don't reveal yourself as the server owner.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Let's all play Myth of Soma together for old times sake.

i downloaded that a month ago and was surprised to see players on it lol

and ye if Jam wants to play his server, that's cool

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Simple just play as an 'unknown' character and don't reveal yourself as the server owner.

Yep, except that sometimes pple can tell, get suspicious, and when someone starts harping on that and even shows that xyz char is really the one who runs the server, then you are in bigger poo than you'd ever be if you kept it above board from start.
Still its a good idea to play in secret, just have to backpedal in that you best don't be a guild member of the major competing guilds on server (never mind being guild leader) and also don't be among the first to get rare items even if they dropped for you in fair gameplay. Basicaly you can play but best as somebody lost in crowd of average players, also you shouldn't be a regular with engaging in pvp fights, that sort of thing, because then accusations are just behind next corner...

When I saw the thread title 'game like mir 3' it reminded me of hispared server that seemed to me like mir2 remade to be like mir3, at least when I logged in first time, didn't stay to play it.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Jamie is like anyone else, if you're creating something you simply don't like....why would you continue with it?

After numerous conversations with Jamie and Omni (I'm sure i've heard some Shane feedback too), he very much seems to compromise a great deal in his creations and ends up far away from his ideal creation for the sake of the community.

He's often accused of corruption despite zero evidence, and spends an awful amount of time defending that fact (For some reason...i'd tell you to screw off myself lol).

These same corruption accusations are also the reason why he never plays his own servers (Despite always wanting to and intending to).

I believe he is intending to play his next one and hopefully ignores the bad feedback and focuses on the constructive (Yet sometimes crap) feedback.

But you can't fault someone for losing interest in something that they, themselves don't enjoy.

Without spoiling everything, he has numerous plans and ideas that could go a long way to reducing cheaters and corruption accusations, and hopefully means if he's playing it himself, he will stick to his guns and continue adding/adjusting content to what he enjoys and we'll see something away from the "norm"

"damn carrot dangler"

keep that tongue clean, i never acused jamie by something, i just asked him..lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
"damn carrot dangler"

keep that tongue clean, i never acused jamie by something, i just asked him..lol

I know lol. Didn't say you were, but a lot of people do.

It's no secret, that when Jamie plays something....he absolutely thrashes through. He's always more or less top rank or top 3.

It will be obvious who he is by the level gap he will have on people, and straight away this will be a cause of a corruption accusation lol...can already see it :P

And I call him a carrot dangler in sarcasm as he doesn't reveal much info....I only know bits and pieces from chats with him on other servers lol.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I know lol. Didn't say you were, but a lot of people do.

It's no secret, that when Jamie plays something....he absolutely thrashes through. He's always more or less top rank or top 3.

It will be obvious who he is by the level gap he will have on people, and straight away this will be a cause of a corruption accusation lol...can already see it :P

And I call him a carrot dangler in sarcasm as he doesn't reveal much info....I only know bits and pieces from chats with him on other servers lol.

this is my opinion if he wants to do a mir 3 server:

he need to find a trust worthy person who can be gm, jamie is good coder but as a gm point of view he is low
he can confirm that i invited him more than twice to join my dev team but he likes to work alone

i guess only the time can show us what will be

mir3 community is already smashed and giving its last breath.. i dont want to see the mir3 community to die
is ok if you develope and bring new things to mir3 but at the end the players is heart of a server/community, without them you can have the ultimate files and do shi.t

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
this is my opinion if he wants to do a mir 3 server:

he need to find a trust worthy person who can be gm, jamie is good coder but as a gm point of view he is low
he can confirm that i invited him more than twice to join my dev team but he likes to work alone

i guess only the time can show us what will be

mir3 community is already smashed and giving its last breath.. i dont want to see the mir3 community to die
is ok if you develope and bring new things to mir3 but at the end the players is heart of a server/community, without them you can have the ultimate files and do shi.t

I'm fairly certain the lack of Mir3 attention is down to the files available to people.

They just suck, everytime i've played one i've had issues with the performance.

I'm not one to specifically tweak my PC in such a way to play a game...I have my PC, and i play all the games i play....i'm never going to specifically tweak it for 1 game, and I'm sure many others are the same.

If the files are decent, the attention will come.

But if not, who cares lol....the ones who have been waiting for a decent set of Mir3 files will finally have them to play on. People who want to stick to Mir2 can keep their cash cow servers :P