Request server spec ?

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Hi guys

just a quick question, planning on having a wool server up and running correctly in the near future and mir 3 is more like wool and mir 2.

Could anyone tell me what their recommended server spec would be, we are also expecting Chinese player hopping over to this one as well as we have the 2.0 client.

Cheers

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hi guys

just a quick question, planning on having a wool server up and running correctly in the near future and mir 3 is more like wool and mir 2.

Could anyone tell me what their recommended server spec would be, we are also expecting Chinese player hopping over to this one as well as we have the 2.0 client.

Cheers

if im not wrong theres limitations like ram speed, cpu frequency and cores

i wanted to add ssd on server but who knows if it will work or not

Upvote 0

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Drop rate is how it should be, woool is a good client and although we would love to mess about drop rate wise etc..... we can't as we don't have the original source code meaning we can't add to the to the game like we would want to.

One thing I can say about woool for the Mir players is......

It's a whole new game.... with exactly the same play style etc....

Totally new experience, if You are wanting something fresh and something you ain't seen before this will be what your after.

Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
holley uses memory and eiserver cpu.
if you use the ssd for virtual ram you eat in two days..

loginsrv, dbserver, eiserver and sqlserver need lots of ram, real ram, not virtual...
and eiserver needs cpu.

if you put a ssd its a very great idea, but not for virtual memory, for reading and storing data, like sql, ect its instantly and the querys executes very quick and prevents any other process reading or writing to disk to hang other app.

Upvote 0

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
holley uses memory and eiserver cpu.
if you use the ssd for virtual ram you eat in two days..

loginsrv, dbserver, eiserver and sqlserver need lots of ram, real ram, not virtual...
and eiserver needs cpu.

if you put a ssd its a very great idea, but not for virtual memory, for reading and storing data, like sql, ect its instantly and the querys executes very quick and prevents any other process reading or writing to disk to hang other app.

do you read all my sentence before commenting like pretending to be a genius?

i said i would add a ssd but from what i know holley uses ram memory more

and yes you would be right, a ssd would make the process faster but the ram will be 10/10 24/7 used

Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
does it had any better performance? because its all about write speed on ssd and holley uses virtual memory more
im not trying to be a genious, i only try to help and for my understanding about your comment i "quoted in this message for you and you can re-read.." i understand and i think everybody understand that like me -> "virtual memory", in that words, is the swap memory of any system, and that, is stored on disk, another thing is the ram memory, that is the volatile memory.

This is the only reason about my comment to help and explain something if someone dont understand about therms and tecnology, but, always i try to help...its imposible.

bye

Upvote 0

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
im not trying to be a genious, i only try to help and for my understanding about your comment i "quoted in this message for you and you can re-read.." i understand and i think everybody understand that like me -> "virtual memory", in that words, is the swap memory of any system, and that, is stored on disk, another thing is the ram memory, that is the volatile memory.

This is the only reason about my comment to help and explain something if someone dont understand about therms and tecnology, but, always i try to help...its imposible.

bye

vram is from gpu and i made big mistake saying vram instead of ram

Upvote 0