smoochy boys on tour

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Hi guys

working on a woool server at the moment but I'm hoping its the same as mir. I don't have a static IP so iv created a DNS A Record to point to my ip.

I've change the IP in the client ini to game.westernwoool.com which is my A record but doesn't seem to work ?

Can anyone tell me if there is something else I need to do, does it need coding into the server files or anything like that?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Not really helping your issue, but you know that youll have to update your dns each time your ip changes because you dont have a static ip right?

You should be using a nodns provider for non static ips

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Not really helping your issue, but you know that youll have to update your dns each time your ip changes because you dont have a static ip right?

You should be using a nodns provider for non static ips

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey mate ye I know I will need to change it, saves the users a job changing theirs if I got it working though. how do you mean by a nodns provider mate ?

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
https://www.noip.com/

you put it on your server and it automatically updates a DNS to your new IP when it changes.

I believe there are paid services which allow you to use your own domain, but free ones usually use a variation of custom/theirs.

Upvote 0

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Ah nice one mate thanks very much downloaded and setup...... now just need to figure out how to get it working with these files.

https://www.noip.com/

you put it on your server and it automatically updates a DNS to your new IP when it changes.

I believe there are paid services which allow you to use your own domain, but free ones usually use a variation of custom/theirs.

Upvote 0