Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgard

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2017
Hi Jamie, Sorry... too low of a post count to pm you. Does Mir3 port to mac ok? I know mir2 did.
Have been trying to get it working on Wine but not having any joy. Any chance you can help?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi Jamie, Sorry... too low of a post count to pm you. Does Mir3 port to mac ok? I know mir2 did.
Have been trying to get it working on Wine but not having any joy. Any chance you can help?

honestly not sure, I've heard someone running Zircon on a Mac using a VM but I didn't ask the specifics

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I believe you can as long as you are able to get DirectX 9 on Wine (I don't remember what the latest developed version was...might have been 8).

If it's 8, you might be out of luck as i don't think it works with these files.

But then also on top of that...you have to install Microsofts DX9, not the one available with Wine...it has to be manually installed through command line, but it could produce performance issues (But if you're only using it for Zircon, i doubt it will matter to you).

If you can get it working with Wines DirectX, then do so as it will run better. Otherwise, try Microsofts.

I should mention i'm by no means a pro with Macs lol...i just know odd bits about running Windows games on Macs, as i've had to troubleshoot a couple in the past for friends...one of which was a a game requiring DX.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Since they drop when they full die, i reversed the exp order so you know when its fully dead. (no need to wait and see)

I'd say its a ploy to make pple finish zombies, not make first hit, get most exp and run on to do the same again, basically skim best exp points leaving seconds and thirds for noobs behind you. As to knowing when its really finished, it is easy to remember the low exp amount, but maybe I just don't get what you tried to say here, like if by 'drop' you mean drop goodies or drop dead and for good :fox:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I'd say its a ploy to make pple finish zombies, not make first hit, get most exp and run on to do the same again, basically skim best exp points leaving seconds and thirds for noobs behind you. As to knowing when its really finished, it is easy to remember the low exp amount, but maybe I just don't get what you tried to say here, like if by 'drop' you mean drop goodies or drop dead and for good :fox:

Zombies revive 0 ~ 3 times, you have no idea of knowing if it will revive again unless you stand around for 10 seconds.

So remembering the lowest exp will now help you, as such reversing the exp will make it clear.

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Numa Ruins added to the game

Monsters Added
  • Numa Cavalry
  • Numa High Mage
  • Numa Stone Thrower
  • Numa Royal Guard
  • Numa Armored Soldier
  • Numa Assault Captain

Items Added
  • Relic
  • Rusty Signet Of Myrmidon
  • Rusty Signet Of Evoker
  • Rusty Signet Of Vicar
  • Rusty Charm Of The Destroyer
  • Rusty Amulet Of Dark Sorcery
  • Rusty Pendant Of Purification
  • Rusty Bracer Of Revelation
  • Rusty Ring Of Enlightenment
  • Rusty Bracelet Of Ascension
  • Courage Of Kelsar
  • Temperance Of Hunta
  • Determination Of Tanguere
  • Wisdom Of Dumachi
  • Justice Of Natura
  • Shamal's Obsidian Giant Blade
  • Shamal's Divine Blade Of Judgment
  • Shamal's Staff Of Retribution
  • Unparalleled Polearm
  • Signet Of Myrmidon
  • Signet Of Evoker
  • Signet Of Vicar
  • Charm Of The Destroyer
  • Amulet Of Dark Sorcery
  • Pendant Of Purification
  • Bracer Of Revelation
  • Ring Of Enlightenment
  • Bracelet Of Ascension
  • Relic Fragment

NPC's added
  • Denise - Sabuk
  • Mark - Sabuk
  • Kimberly - Sabuk
  • Glenn - Mud Wall
  • Grace - Mud Wall
  • Marshal - Mud Wall
  • Mandie - Mud Wall
  • Jarvis - Sabuk
  • Tumur - Numa
  • Imari - Numa
  • Solonga - Numa
  • Wooshas - Numa
  • Wooroy - Numa
  • Pat - Numa

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I had a quick look but never found it.

What is the end-goal for the server at release, i.e matching Korean?
Or are you planning on adding custom content?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Frost Village, Homeland TroopBase, Frost Dungeon now ingame

Monsters Added
  • Icy Ranger
  • Icy Goddess
  • Icy Spirit Warrior
  • Icy Spirit General
  • Ghost Knight
  • Icy Spirit Spearman
  • Werewolf
  • Whitefang
  • Icy Spirit Solider
  • Wild Boar
  • Jinam Stone Gate
  • Frost Lord Hwa

Items Added
  • Heavenly Blade Of Tranquility
  • Talon Staff Of A'Ryong
  • Calamity
  • Amulet Of Sirius
  • Bracelet Of Canopus
  • Ring Of Alpha Centauri
  • Celestial Necklace Of Eternity
  • Dazzling Bracelet Of Earth
  • Brilliant Band Of Harmony
  • The Master's Pendant
  • The Master's Bracelet
  • The Master's Ring
  • Claw Of The Demon God
  • Hood Of Executioner
  • Hero's Band Of Supremacy
  • Apocalypse
  • Heavenly Staff Of Immortality
  • After life
  • Phoenix Glaive Of Havoc

NPC's Added
  • Abbott - HomeLand
  • Malcom - HomeLand
  • Lars - HomeLand
  • Jess - HomeLand
  • Olivia - HomeLand
  • Mr. Matt - Frost Village
  • Dr. Park - Frost Village
  • Lafayette - Frost Village
  • Cherrill - Frost Village
  • Mindy - Frost Village
  • Warren - Banya Island
  • Norman - Banya Island
  • Lawrence - Banya Island
  • Nancy - Banya Island
  • Livingston - Banya Island
  • Calla - Banya Island

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Since the 5H server I pottered on was left hanging in limbo, I downloaded this one and found I can observe pple without even making an acct (making which is pita because of email, I just have one email for some time now and hate to 'pass it around', period).

Anyway the server strikes me as ultra high rate due to how many pots and teleports in how big stacks pple can carry. One char lev 16 today was teleporting around so much on Bichon map apparently without any reason it became very annoying to watch, in the end it seemed he just wanted to get back to town and it took countless rts to put him anywhere close. How can such low level char carry so many rts or afford to buy that many in the first place since this is supposed to be low rate server?
Also observed some lev~30 char on map with Numas, also teleporting back to back no end, killed one sub boss, it dropped tons of gold, I suppose he was trying to find another, got annoying with him teleporting like forever. On high rate 5H server the RT stack was 'only' 50 (pots 40) and most I recall I had like 3 stacks, 150 rts on me, here it is like 750 or how many in single stack?

Another lev40 char had quite some gold in bag, it just doesn't strike me as low rate server that I was told earlier on this thread it would be. But perhaps things are a bit relaxed due to server not being live, in some preview state? Mind you it took me a while to find this thread, didn't expect to find it in chat section.

The thing about the Obsever mode is, you don't really need to make an acct and actually play to get 'mir fix' for your addiction. It is an amazing feature, also allows one to play with the interface configurations and get familiarized with many things without even dipping a toe in the game :eek:nthego:
I kinda expected some static, passive view on someone's char but you can open/close the bag, quick slots, char panel etc, move it around re-position chat window, reconfigure it, check on the newly added features like mouse tips on minimap showing info...

It also allows access to the client setting including resolution and switch to windowed mode - that one I'd like to have access to without first having to launch in full screen, on my first launch I got just grey screen, had to quit via win task manager, thankfully it displayed ok on second try. [OK just checked and it can also be set in Zircon.ini]

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
It's not a high rate, i guess Jamie just carried on his tradition from Marble of having no bag weight's so you get more game play instead of filling your bag up with 5 bundles at level 10.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
also on mir 3 you could carry as many rt's as you wanted if you had the bag weight and they stacked up to 10000s if you really wanted them too.

bag weight isn't a issue it makes the content in game achievable

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Since the 5H server I pottered on was left hanging in limbo, I downloaded this one and found I can observe pple without even making an acct (making which is pita because of email, I just have one email for some time now and hate to 'pass it around', period).

Anyway the server strikes me as ultra high rate due to how many pots and teleports in how big stacks pple can carry. One char lev 16 today was teleporting around so much on Bichon map apparently without any reason it became very annoying to watch, in the end it seemed he just wanted to get back to town and it took countless rts to put him anywhere close. How can such low level char carry so many rts or afford to buy that many in the first place since this is supposed to be low rate server?
Also observed some lev~30 char on map with Numas, also teleporting back to back no end, killed one sub boss, it dropped tons of gold, I suppose he was trying to find another, got annoying with him teleporting like forever. On high rate 5H server the RT stack was 'only' 50 (pots 40) and most I recall I had like 3 stacks, 150 rts on me, here it is like 750 or how many in single stack?

Another lev40 char had quite some gold in bag, it just doesn't strike me as low rate server that I was told earlier on this thread it would be. But perhaps things are a bit relaxed due to server not being live, in some preview state? Mind you it took me a while to find this thread, didn't expect to find it in chat section.

The thing about the Obsever mode is, you don't really need to make an acct and actually play to get 'mir fix' for your addiction. It is an amazing feature, also allows one to play with the interface configurations and get familiarized with many things without even dipping a toe in the game :eek:nthego:
I kinda expected some static, passive view on someone's char but you can open/close the bag, quick slots, char panel etc, move it around re-position chat window, reconfigure it, check on the newly added features like mouse tips on minimap showing info...

It also allows access to the client setting including resolution and switch to windowed mode - that one I'd like to have access to without first having to launch in full screen, on my first launch I got just grey screen, had to quit via win task manager, thankfully it displayed ok on second try. [OK just checked and it can also be set in Zircon.ini]

- Server is very under populated considering it's alpha, although this has become less noticeable lately as the user count spiked up to 40 lately...I think people are just itching for their fix and just playing, despite the upcoming wipe lol. I've personally been whoring low level boss drops for BIO/Books to gauge a drop rate for when its live.

- The amount of pots is because there is no bag weight in the game to stop pots being the primary reason to stop hunting, as oppose to needing to repair/refine or when you level etc.

- Mir3 generally is "faster" paced in comparison to Mir2. You would reach Lv40 relatively quickly, and late game is more around the Lv50 mark and later. Korean late game is around 70-80 with new skills (That I have yet to see myself), but that is intended to be added at some point down the line. The current goal being to reach GSP standard for live, then Korean data for later.

- The RTing around is indeed for boss searching lol. As above, with the lack of players, there are ample sub bosses to be taken freely without competition.

- There is also a freely available cash shop to test out buffs and see how much adjustment they require or possibly removal for when live comes in. Currently you can have 135% Drop rate and 115% Exp rate increase 24/7 along with Luck/HP/MP/Stat boosts.

Basically....as the alpha currently stands, it's faster paced, easily available bosses due to low population and massive boosts from an un-adjusted cash shop for testing lol. Nothing to be taken seriously for what it will play like or offer in live in my opinion.

The one thing to be taken is the playability, performance and fixing of bugs/issues.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Maps Populated
  • Departed Valley Lv 1
  • Departed Valley Lv 2
  • Departed Valley Lv 3
  • Banyo Island
  • Banyo Cave

Monsters Added
  • Bloody Armed Beetle
  • Golden Armored Beetle
  • Earwig King
  • Mature Earwig
  • Millipede
  • Enraged Lord Ji'Nae
  • Banyo Soldier
  • Banyo Warrior
  • Banyo Captain
  • Banyo Lord Guzak

Items Added
  • Chrome Armguard Of Earth
  • Jade Armguard Of Purity
  • Glowing Armguard Of Crescent
  • Wind Walkers
  • Medallion Of Black Magic
  • Ghost Armor (M)
  • Ghost Armor (F)
  • Raiment Of Spectral Energy (M)
  • Raiment Of Spectral Energy (F)
  • Band Of Azure Sky
  • Aged Gold Band Of Mystic
  • Channeler's Signet Of Wizardry
  • Cobalt Armguard Of Earth
  • Azure Armguard Of Purity
  • Glowing Armguard Of Full Moon

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Zombies revive 0 ~ 3 times, you have no idea of knowing if it will revive again unless you stand around for 10 seconds.

So remembering the lowest exp will now help you, as such reversing the exp will make it clear.

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Numa Ruins added to the game

Monsters Added
  • Numa Cavalry
  • Numa High Mage
  • Numa Stone Thrower
  • Numa Royal Guard
  • Numa Armored Soldier
  • Numa Assault Captain

Items Added
  • Relic
  • Rusty Signet Of Myrmidon
  • Rusty Signet Of Evoker
  • Rusty Signet Of Vicar
  • Rusty Charm Of The Destroyer
  • Rusty Amulet Of Dark Sorcery
  • Rusty Pendant Of Purification
  • Rusty Bracer Of Revelation
  • Rusty Ring Of Enlightenment
  • Rusty Bracelet Of Ascension
  • Courage Of Kelsar
  • Temperance Of Hunta
  • Determination Of Tanguere
  • Wisdom Of Dumachi
  • Justice Of Natura
  • Shamal's Obsidian Giant Blade
  • Shamal's Divine Blade Of Judgment
  • Shamal's Staff Of Retribution
  • Unparalleled Polearm
  • Signet Of Myrmidon
  • Signet Of Evoker
  • Signet Of Vicar
  • Charm Of The Destroyer
  • Amulet Of Dark Sorcery
  • Pendant Of Purification
  • Bracer Of Revelation
  • Ring Of Enlightenment
  • Bracelet Of Ascension
  • Relic Fragment

NPC's added
  • Denise - Sabuk
  • Mark - Sabuk
  • Kimberly - Sabuk
  • Glenn - Mud Wall
  • Grace - Mud Wall
  • Marshal - Mud Wall
  • Mandie - Mud Wall
  • Jarvis - Sabuk
  • Tumur - Numa
  • Imari - Numa
  • Solonga - Numa
  • Wooshas - Numa
  • Wooroy - Numa
  • Pat - Numa
Have you also coded the secret abilities of these necklaces into your files?

Da Warrio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
Hi Jamie,

I think he is referring to

Life = 3x more chance to crit and 3 x dmg on crit
Chaos = 30% more dmg
Cosmos = % lifesteal and green poison

They were made by 4 necklace fragments.

I probably got the bonus slightly wrong but something like that. I deffo remember these on euro for sure

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah was gonna say that Life as you listed it is crazy. Practically (napkin math) a 900% damage modifier 0_o

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
MOO (mace of obliteration ) and great blade 100% had hidden crit, and i think most items that said "rare" on them had hidden crit.

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:32 PM ----------

on usa a guy called cassius i think, stole a chaos necklace among other mega rares from his guild after pretending he was gona power lvl

Status
Not open for further replies.