Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Zircon Launch:

Friday 22nd December 2017, 18:00 UTC.

Countdown

Been working on Zircon for a few weeks now.

If anyone is interested in following progress on the development check out my signature.

Should be in game within one more week

Sneak Peaks

Login
XoWoyc9.png

Settings
QU7SGTF.png

Character Select
L1E8Cw2.png

Character Creations
rQZgVXC.png

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
What does he mean playable within a week, as in pre-beta like what was done on Marble or actual live? I got tired of reading 4 pages of bullshit and insults back and forth.

As mentioned on the Dev thread, I am Estimating December /Janurary for Live Launch, It might be much earlier or it might be much later all depends on progress speed.

In a loose sense,

Be able to log on kill things...

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
LOL, seriously 999$? haha xDD are you tried wpf?
you can made cool visual exes... ;)

Yea, I tried it, I can use it and don't get me wrong its very good, but my experience is with WinForms and I'm not ready to properly learn the MVVM structure and the fine details.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Items now ingame. (Cannot drop yet)

iWQQjLk.png

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Was a delay in development as I rebuilt my controls to support proper clipping, now that it has been completed I can move onto chat

With:
DrBVCwI.png

Without:
LN5ebVT.png

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Chat Options
FvdFbvW.png

You can have multiple chat windows (floating) that you can resize / place anywhere and show the chat you've filtered.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
First draft of the chat has been updated.

dJbw1vf.png

4fmvG5x.png

---------- Post Merged at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:50 PM ----------

U9lhYv9.png

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
people haven't upgraded beyond CRT monitors yet? >.<

What I mean is, I do not want people being able to see more of the map /area than they already do, it makes the game too easy being able to see +15 co ords.

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Mobs now spawn in game.

Need a few more hours to give them sounds and be able to kill them

CjI0epM.png

---------- Post Merged on 19-07-2017 at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 18-07-2017 at 03:30 PM ----------

Will implement this update tomorrow (Killing monsters)

AFgf85z.png

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
More of the main interface added, People have killed all my chickens :(

99VDXUp.png

---------- Post Merged at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Sounds Added,
Some basic Effects (on hit, revival, level up)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Full Screen Windowed mode has been removed,

I'v added a range of Wide Screen resolutions to compensate this, I will be restricting the visual range of mobs later as to prevent a significant advantage.

SnSaabW.png

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
The main reason Jamie has given on discord is due to the view range and the advantage this can give to players using larger resolutions being able to see more of the map.

Seeing more of the map then lets you navigate through caves easier, as you can see what mobs are coming. It will also allow you to see other players coming to you sooner allowing you to escape/gank easier. Would be quite a big advantage for those with larger resolutions over people with smaller ones.

He could support the larger resolution, but then not draw any mobs/players outside of the standard view range (like his ghost cave on marble), but that would negate the point of allowing larger resolutions, and probably look quite daft without a fog element to it.

That way I could use my TV for mir.
3840x2160 resolution lol

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
The main reason Jamie has given on discord is due to the view range and the advantage this can give to players using larger resolutions being able to see more of the map.

Seeing more of the map then lets you navigate through caves easier, as you can see what mobs are coming. It will also allow you to see other players coming to you sooner allowing you to escape/gank easier. Would be quite a big advantage for those with larger resolutions over people with smaller ones.

He could support the larger resolution, but then not draw any mobs/players outside of the standard view range (like his ghost cave on marble), but that would negate the point of allowing larger resolutions, and probably look quite daft without a fog element to it.

That's what I'm getting at though. He is constraining himself to the limits of old engines from the start rather than possibly using this as a chance to change it in these early stages. I'm sure sticking with a higher single resolution would make it easier to design other things as well.

Every game these days has spell ranges so I see no issue in seeing mobs that you cannot attack on your screen. In caves you wouldn't be able to see anything extra without better torches anyway.

At the end of the day this might not suit Jamie's idea of what mir should be like though which we have to respect, its his engine and its how he wants it. Always worth throwing some ideas out there though for him to think about in this early stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.