Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Well its a private server, not everyone has the time to grind high levels, some of us have jobs...
And your statement that there are no items to accomodate for fast past pace is really a stupid comment, he can add how many items/sets he wants, and spells...well you clearly have no idea about mir3, there are level 80+ spells, so am I suppose to play the server 2 years to cast some cool spells?And 5% rested exp is some bull

And as an information to you the best server that existed was at x8 exp and it was the greatest experience ever that mir3 had (VitalElementz), there was Taral too and the first mir3 I played DragonNet (it was like WAY too many years ago also at x10 exp).

And at the rate the exp is now, no matter how many things you could add, people will pop up and play a few hours, some a few days and then just move on

The problem is people expect it to be like a private server and everything handed to them easily.

Treat it like the next official server with a low/standard exp/drop rate you would expect of an official server and hopefully it will last long enough.

With any game anyone that works will never have time to keep up with people that dont work so dont expect it to be different here, make it x8 exp and the people that dont work will level even faster than you do. Hopefully Jamie will add in some rested exp mechanic to help alleviate it.

The best servers that existed was the official ones, everything felt like an achievement. P servers have made things to easy

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
The problem is people expect it to be like a private server and everything handed to them easily.

Treat it like the next official server with a low/standard exp/drop rate you would expect of an official server and hopefully it will last long enough.

With any game anyone that works will never have time to keep up with people that dont work so dont expect it to be different here, make it x8 exp and the people that dont work will level even faster than you do. Hopefully Jamie will add in some rested exp mechanic to help alleviate it.

The best servers that existed was the official ones, everything felt like an achievement. P servers have made things to easy

Level Caps

when people hit level 50 they cant exp any more until 5 more people hit the same level something long these lines worked well on GSP ice and fire

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Well its a private server, not everyone has the time to grind high levels, some of us have jobs...
And your statement that there are no items to accomodate for fast past pace is really a stupid comment, he can add how many items/sets he wants, and spells...well you clearly have no idea about mir3, there are level 80+ spells, so am I suppose to play the server 2 years to cast some cool spells?And 5% rested exp is some bull

And as an information to you the best server that existed was at x8 exp and it was the greatest experience ever that mir3 had (VitalElementz), there was Taral too and the first mir3 I played DragonNet (it was like WAY too many years ago also at x10 exp).

And at the rate the exp is now, no matter how many things you could add, people will pop up and play a few hours, some a few days and then just move on

All personal opinion of course, as was his. We need to realise 'personal opinion =/= fact' in this community a bit more tbh.

I also dislike the 'we have jobs you know' argument. Like any one who manages to spend a large amount of time on games can't possibly have a job?

Although I don't really disagree with you, as I'd prefer that the levelling was 'fluid' - as in, even spending a low amount of time in game made you feel you were getting somewhere. Rested experience helps with this incredibly though, if done at right levels.

drakey

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 26, 2011

No not everyone does have time you are right, but the people who do have time should not be punished, nor should people who do have jobs be left in the dark, that is why I said about rested exp, it works. This is why WoW has it, it's a tried and tested system.

He can add as many as he wants yes, true, but why would he? Why rush over hundreds of items to get the end game items - All you are doing by making levels easier is making the lower items redundant. You are correct, i've never played mir 3 i'm from a mir2 background, I didn't even know spells were 80+ here .. but all that says to me is that official mir3 is already at a faster pace, so why speed it up further ?

This guy gets it

Level Caps

Can't say a big enough NO to this, mir was not made for level caps! Sorry.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hello, i couldnt resist to post a reply on this hot topic..

1.So, a soft cap is good specially jamie's community on discord is more mir2 players than mir3 players, wich mir2 players can grind alot and targett the lvl/fp/gold and what jamie will have on server as a incoming
2.As Vagrant said, and as I m saying, some players will dedicate their full time on server, mir2 spells are different than mir3 spells, in my opinion mir3 spells are way more power leveling effect, specially when you hit a good hot spot on leveling

but also:

A server always will have high and low players.. depends how you balance the top 25 rank

And from jamie's previous server relation with community and him, he will pay attention off your feedback only if is bugs-- no content or gameplay ideas, i think he studied and have a council that had play long time mir3 to take decisions for him on how gameplay will be.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Well its good everyone has opinions and feedback, but from playing mir on and off 10+ years, grinding low levels its verry borring and taking 1-2 hours to get to level 11?! wtf, on official mir3 I am sure it didnt take me that much to get level 11 and I think that lower than a week I got 30+ on a sin. So everyone like's their play styles I guess but at the end of the day, having soo many spells and new cool caves from Korean is it really usefull to play a server like 6months-1year to get to see ALL the content ?

Hello, i couldnt resist to post a reply on this hot topic..

1.So, a soft cap is good specially jamie's community on discord is more mir2 players than mir3 players, wich mir2 players can grind alot and targett the lvl/fp/gold and what jamie will have on server as a incoming
2.As Vagrant said, and as I m saying, some players will dedicate their full time on server, mir2 spells are different than mir3 spells, in my opinion mir3 spells are way more power leveling effect, specially when you hit a good hot spot on leveling

but also:

A server always will have high and low players.. depends how you balance the top 25 rank

And from jamie's previous server relation with community and him, he will pay attention off your feedback only if is bugs-- no content or gameplay ideas, i think he studied and have a council that had play long time mir3 to take decisions for him on how gameplay will be.

hey someone mentioned that you have 6 classes, now that ''the cat is out of the bag" maybe show us ?:)

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
on the topic of exp rates it kind of makes no sense to me, no matter what the exp rate is you'll always bump into an exp brick wall or plataeu after pretty much the same amount of time where you spend hours for 1% exp

thats my philosophy anyway, im saying the game is the same no matter the exp rate, because spell intervals and gear is just balanced around the exp rate anyway, so i would just keep things simple with a normal exp rate

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Well its good everyone has opinions and feedback, but from playing mir on and off 10+ years, grinding low levels its verry borring and taking 1-2 hours to get to level 11?! wtf, on official mir3 I am sure it didnt take me that much to get level 11 and I think that lower than a week I got 30+ on a sin. So everyone like's their play styles I guess but at the end of the day, having soo many spells and new cool caves from Korean is it really usefull to play a server like 6months-1year to get to see ALL the content ?

hey someone mentioned that you have 6 classes, now that ''the cat is out of the bag" maybe show us ?:)

I dont like to speak about my server and files working on, specially on other thread
But yes will be 6 classes, Fusion knows this because he is close to me even he jumps like a little bee :P
(I worked on my files for almost a year, i went into a direction that if i do new filles...atleast should be new content too, than same maps,mobs, and same rotate **** we seen on any holley files)

---------- Post Merged at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Oh, and it wont be Archons type of fail :devilish:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Update:

AutoPotion feature added.

Your choice is your choice of course, and not looking to alter it in any way. But why did you choose to go auto-potion? Is it something to keep inline with official, or you just like the idea? I thought it was something that most people were against

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Your choice is your choice of course, and not looking to alter it in any way. But why did you choose to go auto-potion? Is it something to keep inline with official, or you just like the idea? I thought it was something that most people were against

It's the lazy way of playing, but far less efficient. Potting manually will always be more beneficial, but sometimes people want to just semi-afk-play and auto-potting enables this.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I dont mind the autopotion feature, always liked it as a warrior grinding away hours on end. The button mashing did give me issues with my fingers cramping up playing sin lol but I dont play 18 hours straight anymore haha. The after effects of the button mashing has caused carpal tunnel though after all the years of mir. Less mashing = less pain so Im all for it.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I suppose as long as it's inefficient (thus has a drawback) it can only be beneficial then. Player choice is always* a good thing

* re: sometimes

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

2 reasons,

If everyone has AutoPot no one can claim someone else has a cheat.

Mir 3 pots are instant where Mir 2 were over time as such its very easy to lose pot speed for certain classes that need to use skills. Personally i believe it improves the game play having auto pot, you are able to focus more on the game rather than just the value bottom left of your screen.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I've never been against it, just wanted to know his reasoning behind adding it in when it wasn't on Marble (if he was for the idea in general I thought it would have been on there is all). He's explained, which has sated my curiosity.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
2 reasons,

If everyone has AutoPot no one can claim someone else has a cheat.

Mir 3 pots are instant where Mir 2 were over time as such its very easy to lose pot speed for certain classes that need to use skills. Personally i believe it improves the game play having auto pot, you are able to focus more on the game rather than just the value bottom left of your screen.

I was secretly hoping you'd rebalance the entire game and make it so that potions were the same as Diablo. You an unlimited use potion that has a 40-60second cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.