Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You can see whats in peoples bags and their equipment?

I feel....violated lol. I thought it was just a matter of you running around and stuff lol. Being able to see the contents of their bags is a bit much.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You can see whats in peoples bags and their equipment?

I feel....violated lol. I thought it was just a matter of you running around and stuff lol. Being able to see the contents of their bags is a bit much.

:D

You cannot see their storage.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Please enable their webcams and microphones while your at it Lol :P

Kinda scarey if you had intentions of spying on your players, you could easily do so :O

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Please enable their webcams and microphones while your at it Lol :P

Naa Observers have no communication with the person they are observing.

All that happens is Game information is duplicated and sent to the observers at the same time the information is being sent to the observed, (Private messages are not sent)

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Missing stats on Observer fixed on reboot.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Can you enforce Observer mode during Alpha? :)

Would be nice to see some parts of the server without having to burn myself lvling.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Is the intention here to improve transparency (for security/ 'cheating' fears)? Seems a very odd system to add in for anything other than that, when you consider the reward for having it turned on too.

Think it's a damn good idea myself, just asking for interest.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I must say this observe feature is pretty damn cool. Its interesting watching others play ;P

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Can't you just use this feature for PK? I know the person can toggle it off but still....

It's an interesting feature but one I personally don't like, hmmmm.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So basically this new feature will mean I forget to level myself and just become a safezone ***** observing everyone :applouse:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Is the intention here to improve transparency (for security/ 'cheating' fears)? Seems a very odd system to add in for anything other than that, when you consider the reward for having it turned on too.

Think it's a damn good idea myself, just asking for interest.

Well,

It's part of one of systems that I want to add, recording of Sabuk/MudWall so people can watch / rewatch wars (will be archived and then watchable on demand rewind/fast forward etc...

It doubles up as an "Anti-Cheat" mechanic... if someone is saying this guy is cheating because he's leveling too fast, there is a high chance said person has the feature turned on so people can watch.

It helps when watching for balance as I can see from their perspective.

finally, I want to play when the server goes live, assuming that is the case when the server goes live I will have this always on so people can watch if they think I am doing anything suspicious. (If Shane plays his will always be forced on).

Aside from these reasons, I think its great fun to watch, especially when people kill bosses.

---------- Post Merged at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Can't you just use this feature for PK? I know the person can toggle it off but still....

It's an interesting feature but one I personally don't like, hmmmm.

It can be used for that, but that's up to the person to decide, which is also why No Body/Bag drops will be on the server.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Well,

finally, I want to play when the server goes live, assuming that is the case when the server goes live I will have this always on so people can watch if they think I am doing anything suspicious. (If Shane plays his will always be forced on).

Will this be your character, or actually you ?

giphy.gif

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
@Jamie I will presume you will be making a GM account urself be able to view any character whether its turned on or not good idea though

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
@Jamie I will presume you will be making a GM account urself be able to view any character whether its turned on or not good idea though

Yup,

Might also add it to some of the more trusted users as well (sort of like we have forum moderators).

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Think you missed his joke. Sad times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Well,
It can be used for that, but that's up to the person to decide, which is also why No Body/Bag drops will be on the server.

Hmmm 60% of players wanted PK drops, useless poll?

Do you intend to add some sort of incentive to PK? (honour, pk points etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.