Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Would just be a **** show, people go to check a boss, group there understand they can't win that fight so like Adv said, put on Def kit as everybody will just carry 2 kits with no risk of dropping them and would just lure over and over. < For people defending this saying they wouldn't your most likely chatting **** unless your just a really nice player ( there are a few )

If i traveled for a boss and i knew it would drop well and i couldn't win the fight i'd stand there and lure untill they ran out of pots just for fact it could drop a nice item.

Not sure what boss this would work on. Mobs would kill you if luring even before you got to the grp. Not sure you could do anything vs the average bosses and a group already killing it. Best chance would be for your group to lure and wipe both groups out. Even then I never see this happen on global, people used to fight even if one group wiped the other group would also most likely wipe due to mobs and boss.This is not Mir 2 where the Room of mobs can be lured. Mir3 mobs are extremely hard, have many special effects para red poison slow stun. You would need a group to even get to these bosses.

Last edited:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Would just be a **** show, people go to check a boss, group there understand they can't win that fight so like Adv said, put on Def kit as everybody will just carry 2 kits with no risk of dropping them and would just lure over and over. < For people defending this saying they wouldn't your most likely chatting **** unless your just a really nice player ( there are a few )

If i traveled for a boss and i knew it would drop well and i couldn't win the fight i'd stand there and lure untill they ran out of pots just for fact it could drop a nice item.

This tactic would only work on the shitter bosses that are quick to get back to. And these are killable pretty quickly.

Big bosses can take 15-20mins to get back to. And trying to lure enough mobs to cause trouble can get you killed just as quick.

Add in that skills like geo/becon/interchange etc will work on none rt floors it will make clearing out nuisances quick.

No death drops won't stop people being douche bags in levelling areas. However there is a dura penalty on death so will reduce people to shop kits. Maybe a xp penalty on death should be added

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Leave the referral blank

agtmbomg.gif

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Pottsy's heads gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Fair enough. Like I said Iv never played Mir3. I'm just here at ask the questions to provoke answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005

Just can't see this happening. As people have already stated, any hard bosses in game are pretty tough to get to alone. And if you did, the prospect of being killed and having to remake that trip is a long one. Any lower level boss, the mobs are weak so you're not going to do much by luring them up! Also the boss would more than likely be dead within 1 min.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I'd rather just grind, if I wanted to quest I would go and play WoW

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Changing to windowed ****s placement of all controls on login screen unsure if you are aware. Looking good so far.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
For appearance sake, you going to fix the location of level and prefix the EXP with "-" ... the fact they move around is making my eyes bleed x

Wonder how many more times I have to repeat myself, not necessarily directed at you but; Interface polish will be done in the final month(s).

---------- Post Merged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Changing to windowed ****s placement of all controls on login screen unsure if you are aware. Looking good so far.

Cannot replicate, can you screenshot for me?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Wonder how many more times I have to repeat myself, not necessarily directed at you but; Interface polish will be done in the final month(s).

---------- Post Merged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:17 PM ----------

S5JRNVR.gif

Launch client -> settings -> untick fullscreen -> hit apply.

Also going back to fullscreen seems buggy while game is running but fine if I restart. Nothing major.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Fair game.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Just can't see this happening. As people have already stated, any hard bosses in game are pretty tough to get to alone. And if you did, the prospect of being killed and having to remake that trip is a long one. Any lower level boss, the mobs are weak so you're not going to do much by luring them up! Also the boss would more than likely be dead within 1 min.

Don't know if Mir3 is a lot different but on Mir2 once your level 35+ i can make any boss ingame pretty darn easily.. Don't see why it would be hard to get to any sort of boss i think your just chatting waffle tbh, There's people out there who will just get to end game bosses just to lure on people just because they're sad as ****.. Guess we'll wait and see but people getting to bosses 100% won't be a problem.

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
Don't know if Mir3 is a lot different but on Mir2 once your level 35+ i can make any boss ingame pretty darn easily.. Don't see why it would be hard to get to any sort of boss i think your just chatting waffle tbh, There's people out there who will just get to end game bosses just to lure on people just because they're sad as ****.. Guess we'll wait and see but people getting to bosses 100% won't be a problem.

Well this is not Mir 2. And most the end game bosses in Mir 3 are after several non rt floors packed full of mobs that can stun you. Add in the mazes that exist before the KR's, and we are not talking like the BK maze in Mir 2. Even say you did get this chance to try and lure on people, its going to be in WT kr or BK kr... and those mobs are not going to kill anyone strong enough to tackle the boss. Plus the group killing it would likely wipe you out if you're intensions become clear. Most these bosses will also be killable pretty fast, the challenge is normally being able to outlive the dps. So you're time to lure up mobs will likely result in the group already being in town after killing said boss.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

if you never played mir3 before then I can understand your concerns level 35? Try level 60/70 + that's the levels you need to be to be able to get to kr solo even then some will be pretty much impossible without a group. To put it simply mir2 is easy mode, mir3 is a challenge.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
if you never played mir3 before then I can understand your concerns level 35? Try level 60/70 + that's the levels you need to be to be able to get to kr solo even then some will be pretty much impossible without a group. To put it simply mir2 is easy mode, mir3 is a challenge.

Is EnragedArchlichtaedu still a sin only boss @ level 70? T_T

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010

Reach a higher level is not a valid argument, 4/5ths of the server won't even reach levels 60+ to appreciate end game content/mechanics. Levels 0 - 60 need to be taken into account, the mechanics/enjoyment of those levels are more important than end game content as the majority of players will experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.