Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
The thing thats hugely important for alot of mir2 players, is the fact that this 'Mir3' server doesnt actually feel like a Mir3 engine/game

my excact reason why it should of been called something other then Mir 3 -.-

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
By that logic, Marble and Crystal should have be called something other than Mir 2 either.

exactly, although Marble felt like mir 2...

whereas Zircon feels more like mir 2 then mir 3, but still totally unique gam play..

p.s
need something like this in your sig

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
exactly, although Marble felt like mir 2...

whereas Zircon feels more like mir 2 then mir 3, but still totally unique gam play..

p.s
need something like this in your sig

No point! People won't read it anyway lol

If there is some sort of click counter to go along with it, so we can see how many people did use it, that'd be great.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Spells Added:

• Interchange
  • Defiance
  • Beckon
  • Might
  • Assault
  • Swift Blade
  • Fetter
  • Reflect Damage
  • Endurance

• Renounce
  • Tempest

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
By that logic, Marble and Crystal should have be called something other than Mir 2 either.

That's like saying CD3.55, GSP, and Kings files should all be called Mir3.1 Mir4 and Mir3.2 but they're not.

I think the meaning behind the files (i.e the storyline etc) and the game style is what I would classify as a 'mir2' / 'mir3' game.

I do have to agree if Jamie keeps going down the route he is with some of the functionality in game it does make it have a different style; whether or not people see it truly as a mir2/ mir3 game. I personally think pulling it away from that kind of branding stops critical analysis from previous mir3 games/players which will make it easier for Jamie to fulfil his vision. Right now for me this is the problem; it was advertised as a mir 3 server and I just have the vision of it being a almost GSP replica which it's not at all by any means.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Spells Added:

• Judgement of Heaven
  • Thunder Storm

• Empowered Poison Dust
  • Strength Of Faith
  • Transparency
  • Celestial Light
  • Empowered Healing
  • Life Steal
  • Improved Taoist Explosion

• Dance Of Swallow,
  • Dark Conversion
  • Raging Wind
  • Evasion
  • Advent of Demon
  • Advent of Devil

Spells to do:
  • Mirror Image

• Summon Demonic Creature
  • Demon Explosion
  • Scarecrow

• Flash Of Light
  • Abyss
  • Dragon Repulse
  • Stealth

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Spells Added:

Spells to do:
  • Mirror Image

• Summon Demonic Creature
  • Demon Explosion
  • Scarecrow

• Flash Of Light
  • Abyss
  • Dragon Repulse
  • Stealth

What about the ones over level 60 from KR? The ones posted in discord

For example :
Level 70 Chilling Grasp
L70.ChillingGrasp.gif

Last edited:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
What about the ones over level 60 from KR? The ones posted in discord

For example :
Level 70 Chilling Grasp
L70.ChillingGrasp.gif

I believe his main focus is to get everything completed up till frost dungeon so level 50 skills areas etc and all the remaining features before moving onto level 60 spells and further areas

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hey guys, just purchased a new laptop today.. Just downloaded direct X to get rid of black screen, now i have 2 black sections either side of the screen, my first time on windows 10 any help to get rid ?

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys, just purchased a new laptop today.. Just downloaded direct X to get rid of black screen, now i have 2 black sections either side of the screen, my first time on windows 10 any help to get rid ?

I think you need to untick one of the scaling options within the Zircon client, i dont have client in front of me to check which ones but just mess around with the graphics options.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Options -> Change Resolution to match the screen aspect ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.