[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Important
Closure of the GameShop and 6-month winding down plan

The time has finally come where the server has shrunk to the point where its costs outweigh its income. Therefore I have made the decision that now is the time to start putting this great version of Mir to rest.
I am going to run the server for another 6 months out of my own pocket and will release a schedule of server closure events toward the end of the 6 months.
While the ingame gameshop will remain open for people to spend any remaining gamegold, the sale of new gamegold has now been closed.

Thank you to everybody that has played and supported Chronicles over it's long lifespan, and for the unforgettable experience and memories it has given to me personally.

Lilcooldoode ❤️

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

[video=youtube;PwA2cmMNRS8]

8-16-32 bit map support

Chronicles provides you with a wide range of great looking maps, both maps that you know and have loved for year and some brand new fantastic looking 16-bit maps.

Beloved dungeons remade in 16bit
A number of classic hunting areas have been remade in 16-bit and look amazing.

Euro based stats with custom tweaks
The items you all know and love are here to stay with some additional tweaks to help balance the classes.

Lighting system with dynamic casting light
Never before seen in Mir2, dynamic casting light that changes size and/or colour dependent on the skill used.

Building light
Shanda gave us the idea, and we implemented it! Light that is generated from buildings.

New hunting grounds
All caves up to 2.3, as well as additional hunting areas to ensure you are captivated for weeks on end.

New skills
All skills up to 2.3, as well as additional skills that were introduced in Mir USA.

Quest system
Brand new quest system with a modern edge as well as loads of quests for new to advanced players, Cave quests and finally quests we have all known and loved for years, reimplemented into a modern system (Fate Sword, Red Moon Sword etc).

Trust merchant
Brand new trust merchant system with the capability to bid on items as well as buying them for a quick sale.

New harvesting system
Brand new harvesting system to bring in line with other interactive game play (e.g chests/trees).

New and improved Boss AI's
Bosses have not only had their stats tweaked, but in addition new path finding functionality and harder skills/spells to add a new layer of depth to the game.

The Fourth Class - Assassin
The assassin will be available who has been carefully tweaked to ensure that he is balanced with the other classes. All skills to 2.3, as well as additional 16graphics and hums.

The Fifth Class - Archer
The archer will be available for the first time ever on a European server, built in our own light using 16-bit graphics and hums.

Socket/Rune System
Items can drop with additional sockets that can have runes placed inside them to increase their destructive power.

Horse/Tiger/Wolf Mount System
Mounts are available to travel between towns and/or to caves in a faster fashion.

Mir3 Mob Support and Shadow Generation
Along with Mir3 mob support comes shadow generation functionality to ensure that all mobs have a professional look and feel.

Added item warning support
Added items will appear yellow on the floor to provide you with a chance to pick up a potentially awesome item!

Player/Pet Health Bar
The option has been added to have your own health bar and that of your pets visible above you player(s).

Achievement System
Similar to that of PS3 Trophies or Xbox Achievements, receive rewards and status for completely a multitude of different tasks!

Gameshop added
A game shop containing novel items has been added.

Improvements from AceM2
Drops revisited and balanced.
Gold rates lowered.
Overhaul of monsters, including bosses.
Changes to Boss AI's.
New main home town.
Mounts no longer work inside dungeons.
Shops no longer contain 22/26+ items.
Changes to Gem system to add a layer of depth.
Gemming success lowered.
Chance of Socketed item drops lowered.
Chance of added stat item increased.
Chance of Luck lowered.
Changes to minimap to show pets/group members as different colours.
Additional Items/Armours/Weapons.
Stalls Removed.
Trust Merchant Added.
Adjusted refine system.
Much, much more.

Basic Information
Live Date: 02/02/2014
Experience: Custom x3
Drops: x2
Start level: 1
Installer: http://www.mirchronicles.com/downloa...sInstaller.exe

Server Information
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz
16GB Ram
100MB Dedicated Line

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:56 PM ----------

cache.php

cache.php

Three/Four New Hunting Areas

This patch will include three (or four if you count Path to hell and the demon realm as two different caves) new hunting areas to test the abilities of all players across all levels and skill.

Path to Hell and the Demonic Realm are designed for the higher end players (45+ so get levelling) and contain a joint number of 8 New Monsters, 5 New Subs and 2 Mains (BDD style for the upper end).

Numa desert is designed for the mid range/solo leveller who wishes to spend some time in solitude.

Finally Oma Nest is designed for the lower levels with a semi hard boss (OmaWarLord), designed to be a alternative to Insect Cave and Khazard.

Ten New Skills (2 per class)

Each class has been provided with two skills each, a brief description below:

FrozenSword:
A hard hitting, varied length, delayed strike with a chance of slow.

SlashingBurst:
A hard hitting, delayed shoulderdash, that pushes opponents either side of the caster as he barges through a crowd.

Hemmorhage:
A hard hitting, delayed strike, which can be doubled up with Ghost or Moonlight to cause increased damage.

Ghost:
A camouflage skill that enables the caster to appear invisible from players and monsters if they are of a distance (will be seen if you get to close).

Thousand Swords:
Summons the swords of fallen Taoists to create a small area of damage.

EnergyShield:
A castable skill that enables its host a revival chance whilst the shield is active.

TwinFireDrake:
Two very powerful strikes of damage, with a delay.

AttunedBody:
Much like AttunedMind, AttunedBody will regenerate HP over time.

IceTrap:
A trap skill, walking close enough to a set trap will inflict damage and chance of slow.

Refinery
Refinery for both weapons and gems will be available in this patch...

Unlike traditional gem crafting, success rate now depends on the quality of Ore/Items provided for both weapons and gems.

Province Lords
An old favourite makes a return, kill a large number of the provinces main boss and a Lord is likely to appear to wreak havoc upon the towns people.

Items
100+ new items for level 35+ players.

Quests
Tons of new quests to keep you entertained for hours, including quests for each new hunting ground.

---------- Post Merged at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:50 PM ----------

chronadv2.3_final.png

Immortal Underworld
5x New monsters
5x new Subs
1x New God

New Items
6x New armours
6x New weapons
1x New sets

New Sabuk Game
Team Deathmatch added as a selectable Sabuk game.

New Achievements
More achievements added to our unique Achievement system.

2015 In Summary
yearsummary2015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
This thread is reserved for updates from the server owner(s) only. Do not post here.

If you wish to discuss this server or need technical support, please use the dedicated Discussion Thread found in the Server Discussion section.

Link Below for Server Discussion

Click Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Hi all,

We are planning on rebooting the server Sunday to apply Chronicles V5.4.

Changes/Additions as of Chronicles V5.4:
- Alt, Ctrl + Right Click to add items to trade window.
- Fix for Pedestal Of Light becoming bugged and not casting.
- Luck changed for PvP (L+10 will now be required for 100% damage every hit in PvP... This might be adjusted to PvE at a later point, but we wanted to see how this goes first).
- Potential improvements to current lag situation.
- Ancient Wooma Temple (May event low level cave) added for levels 0 to 50.
- Ancient Zuma Temple (May event mid level cave) added for levels 0 to 60, requires an Ancient Token to enter.
- Ancient Prajna Temple (May event high level cave) added for levels 0 to 70, requires an Ancient Token to enter.
- Gold and Pot picker pet added to game shop, this pet auto picks up gold and pots inside of its proximity.

Downtime will be approximately up to 120 minutes.

Sam

wfhRx2n.png

Last edited:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Server is back up.

Changes/Additions as of Chronicles V5.4:
- Alt, Ctrl + Right Click to add items to trade window.
- Fix for Pedestal Of Light becoming bugged and not casting.
- Luck changed for PvP (L+10 will now be required for 100% damage every hit in PvP... This might be adjusted to PvE at a later point, but we wanted to see how this goes first).
- Ancient Wooma Temple (May event low level cave) added for levels 0 to 50.
- Ancient Zuma Temple (May event mid level cave) added for levels 0 to 60, requires an Ancient Token to enter.
- Ancient Prajna Temple (May event high level cave) added for levels 0 to 70, requires an Ancient Token to enter.
- Gold and Pot picker pet added to game shop, this pet auto picks up gold and pots inside of its proximity.

Sam
wfhRx2n.png

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
was fun war after not playing for soo long!

Good to see so many old faces in game :).

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 05-08-2017 at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 03-08-2017 at 09:35 PM ----------

Morning all,

We are planning to reboot the server tomorrow at 9am to apply Chronicles V5.5.

Latest changes/additions as of Chronicles V5.5:
- Increase/adjustments to Evil Mir Drops.
- Devil Roots to drop more often.
- Troll Cave to be accessible twice a day.
- Fix for Pedestal of Light fire ball effect. (this may have gone in, in an earlier client release).
- Aligned HP Regen on Regent Robe with Asscended Robe
- Alligned level 65 Monk pole with Master pole.
- Fix for pet picker item random disappearing (GG will be refunded to those affected, if it hasn't already).

Things we are still working on today which may make it into tomorrows reboot:
- Reducing the number of floors in some of the caves/temples.
- Full Master Set giving some actual usable stats.
- Configurable option for a prompt when using bene oils (ie Are you sure?).

As and when we have more fixes we will update this list.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Hey All,

Tomorrow we will be rebooting the server and at the same time migrating it to a data centre in London (We have been using a data centre in northern France for the last 3 years).

Hopefully, this will mean that those of you who have been experiencing some form of lag will no longer be lagging AND everyone (at least everyone in the UK) should have a better ping... Mine for e.g. came down from about 34 to 11.

In addition to the server migration, we will be prototyping a new feature that will enable you to rotate skill sets... It is still in fairly early development and I really want to create some sort of graphical interface to display what set you are using, but the concept is as follows:

Each skill set will allow players to assign F1 to F8 keys to skills. Players will have up to 4 skill sets which can be switch between by pressing CTRL 1 to 4.

E.g by default I might have Fireball assigned to F1 and if I press F1 I will cast a Fireball, I could then press CTRL + 2 and assign Repulsion to F1 and if I press F1 I will cast repulsion... If I then press CTRL + 1 and then F1 again, I will cast Fireball and so on.

As I said earlier this is still in a prototyping phase, I think the core functionality works, but we still need to complete the interface side.

The reboot is going to take slightly longer than usual, we are hoping to have it back up by lunch (12pm).

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 27-08-2017 at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 26-08-2017 at 08:12 PM ----------

Hey All,

The server is back up.

We have migrated to a data centre in London (Please let us know if you notice a difference).

We have also introduced a prototype of the skill rotation mechanism in game... We would really like some feedback on this.

We think we have caught everything needed in the migration, but incase we haven't please let us know asap.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Hey All,

I have finally thrown together some statistic pages for various things such as Sabuk Kills/Deaths, Gauntlet Points and Achievement points... These are in "beta" at the moment, as I might still be tweaking the queries behind them and making the tables look a little nicer, but overall I think they are working.

Some really interesting statistics on there! Some of the K/D ratios are unbelievable!

Let us know what you think and feedback is always welcome!

http://www.mirchronicles.com/sabukplayerstats.html
http://www.mirchronicles.com/achievementstats.html
http://www.mirchronicles.com/gauntletstats.html

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 03-09-2017 at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-08-2017 at 07:30 PM ----------

Hey All,

The server is back up.

Final changes as of Chronicles V5.8:
- Inferno Sword boosted slightly.
- Further enhancements to kill rotation POC.
- Auto lock no longer works on Pet Helper.
- AncientToken can now be sold/traded etc.
- Remove sounds for Pet Helper mobs.
- Option added to disable BenedictionOil usage.
- Tweaks to server to help reduce lag

You may need to log in and then out again to wipe the CTRL 1-4 keys from the previous update... CTRL+R should now be used to toggle between skill chains.

Also please let us know if this reboot has helped at all with the lag situation.

Inferno Sword boosted slightly:
Inferno Sword damage boosted slightly (this was previously doing exactly the same damage as Flaming Sword which wasn't it's original intent, it was intended to have a small boost over FS and provide an extended range).

Further enhancements to skill rotation POC:
We have removed the CTRL 1 to 4 feature due to usability issues and replaced it with CTRL + R to rotate between the sets.

A graphic interface has been added (can be made visible by pressing R OR navigating to the magic window and clicking on the button).
mc
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

A bar will display your current set of skills, pressing CTRL will show the F-keys, and rotating (CTRL + R) will show the other skill sets.
mc

Auto lock on Pet Helper:
Both magic and shift auto lock no longer occurs against the Pet Helpers (hopefully they will be less of a nonsense in PvP).

AncientToken Can now be Sold/Traded etc:
The non game shop version of Ancient Token can now be sold/traded etc.

Remove sounds for Pet Helper mobs:
The sounds were making some people think a WT was near (hehe) we have now removed sounds for pet helpers mobs.

Option added to disable BenedictionOil usage:
The option to disable bene oil's has been added to the options panel (F12).
2bc587c87e63105daf29bdbff8f2c7eb.png

b0c9f06e30b816ee4f810a9301879c44.png

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Server reboot 22/10/2017

Server will be back up at 10am.

Final changes as of Chronicles V5.9 are:
- Turned off/removed unused SQL components.
- Potential patch of memory leak.
- Fix for new guilds not being able to war/ally with other guilds.
- Fix for Ancient Tokens not lasting the full hour.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
fM1byyD.png

Hey All,

We are planning to reboot the server tomorrow at 10am.

Dark Dragon Dungeon
DDD is a further extension to the popular Black Dragon Dungeon consisting of 7 new floors and an array of incarnated monsters, sub bosses and bosses for you to battle with, such as the terrifying Banshee and enormous ReaperSpider.

4 New Instances
We are adding a 4 new instances to be chosen:
- Hunt the OrcWarLord
- Slay the DemonKing
- Vanquish a ZombieMaster
- Exorcise the HellBringer

Approximate downtime: 120 minutes.

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 21-01-2018 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 20-01-2018 at 11:55 AM ----------

Hey All,

The server is back up, the following changes have been applied:

Dark Dragon Dungeon
DDD is a further extension to the popular Black Dragon Dungeon consisting of 7 new floors and an array of incarnated monsters, sub bosses and bosses for you to battle with, such as the terrifying Banshee and enormous ReaperSpider.

4 New Instances
We are adding a 4 new instances to be chosen:
- Hunt the OrcWarLord
- Slay the DemonKing
- Vanquish a ZombieMaster
- Exorcise the HellBringer

Changes to existing instances
All instances prior to today's update have had their cooldown reduced, re-connection time increased to 3 minutes, and now all support hard/extreme mode.

Fix for BDD Doors
We have put in a fix for missing door graphics in BDD.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Hey All,

As you know I started the Mir Chronicles journey back in 2012/2013 by working on a set of files that MiloFoxburr found (AceM2) and really bringing them to life, we ran a small pilot server to try and find as many bugs as possible which really was the seed for the main Mir Chronicles server.

Between 2013 and 2014 I continued to work with some truly talented people to modernise and stablise the Chronicles files ready for a server launch… Mask and Nemo's design and marketing skills really gained the interest of existing and brand new Mir players, ChiliPepper's coding skills seeded the foundations of the AceM2 files, TheDeath who had been a long term mentor (genuinely he taught my first loop function when I was college) really stablised the files and of course Lilcooldoode (who like TD has been a long term friend and mentor, we used to spend all night attaching wing images to armours and shadows to monsters because we loved Mir and were geeks), MiloFoxburr (who had run the first private server I ever played with his brother BabyHack called DevilSouls) and Hazuki… This really was LOMCN's finest at the time and Chronicles ended up being as close to a LOMCN server as anyone has ever come.

In 2014 we launched Mir Chronicles and were overwhelmed with the amount of interest and positivity from the community… Hitting 1k concurrent users for a private server was largely unheard of and we really couldn't believe it had happened.

By late 2014, the original team had largely disbanded and some long serving LOMCN administrator's (MiloFoxburr, Hazuki and BabyHack) who originally worked on the AceM2 files decided to help me out with the on-going maintenance of the server… We tried to keep the marketing material as engaging as possible, but we definitely felt a gap without Mask and Nemo's skills. MiloFoxburr's, Hazuki's and BabyHack's knowledge of Mir and general systems has been fundamental to us keeping on top of the changing Mir climate, Milo (who should be a private investigator) managed to find all sorts of amazing files/images/ideas over the years, Hazuki's server knowledge is second to none and BabyHack's determination and organisation of files/databases were fundamental to making the files as maintainable as they are.

With only one coder on the team at this point we struggled to keep up with the demand for updates and re-enlisted the help of a truly, truly talented developer (Lilcooldoode) who had been on a longish term break from Mir due to the birth of his second son... LCD's coding skills and general can-do attitude propelled us back into productivity and we have been producing updates/maintaining Chronicles since.

In recent years our server count has slowly got smaller (due to less input from us and other talented members of the community spinning up their own versions of mir) and although the team has always been working together in the background, we made less of an effort on new patches/marketing and kept to maintaining the current server for those players who still love our flavour of Mir.

We have toy'ed with the idea of spinning up a Mir Chronicles HR or a V2 with new monsters/features etc… Even porting the current server to Jamie's C-Sharp files, however, these ambitions for most of the team were larger than what we have had time to commit.

With all of the above being said I wanted to announce that I am going to be stepping down from Chronicles (and likely Mir) completely, life commitments have meant that I haven't been able to give the focus or attention to Chronicles (or Mir) that I would have wanted to OR that it has deserved… Also due to the recent forum hack and refinement exploitation Hazuki and MiloFoxburr are also stepping away from Chronicles (maybe not Mir).

What does this mean for the Chronicles?!?
Lilcooldoode has been the main driving force for Chronicles over the last few years driving pretty much all fixes and new development. Lilcooldoode will be assuming the role of owner of Chronicles (and the AceM2) files and will continue to run the server and maintain the files "for as long as people want to play". LCD is such a talented developer (as you all know) and I believe he will breathe a second life into Chronicles by just doing what he does best.

I wanted to thank you all for your support over the years and especially to Mask, Nemo, ChiliPepper, TheDeath, MiloFoxburr, Babyhack, Hazuki and Lilcooldoode for making Chronicles what it is.

I hope you will join me in welcoming LCD as the new owner of Chronicles :).

Sam

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Closure of the GameShop and 6-month winding down plan

The time has finally come where the server has shrunk to the point where its costs outweigh its income. Therefore I have made the decision that now is the time to start putting this great version of Mir to rest.
I am going to run the server for another 6 months out of my own pocket and will release a schedule of server closure events toward the end of the 6 months.
While the ingame gameshop will remain open for people to spend any remaining gamegold, the sale of new gamegold has now been closed.

Thank you to everybody that has played and supported Chronicles over it's long lifespan, and for the unforgettable experience and memories it has given to me personally.

Lilcooldoode ❤️

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
THE END IS NIGH!!!!

With only 4 more weeks to go until we bid farewell to Chronicles, all parts of the winding down events are now enabled, some key parts been:

- Type @boost to instantly become level 90 with a top end kit and all skills level 3
- All boss instance cooldowns removed
- Orbs work on any level item (no longer capped to mid tier items)
- Boss pets
- Special rings added (para, pro, teleport etc)
- All boss respawn times greatly reduced

Anybody wanting to take one final look at Chronicles in all its glory this is your chance :)