Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
UFC.tv is down so cant order it =/ Anyone have a live stream they can share ;o

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Was a good fight, Im not an expert so cannot really comment on the fight it self,

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
he beat the best ever boxer for 4 maybe 4 and a half rounds. it was stopped to tho early. i think hes proved a lot of people wrong tonight tho. great fight in the end

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I mean, he was getting destroyed later on. Kinda glad the ref called it tbh.

But insanely impressive to even last so long against someone who clearly has boxing down to a T.

Stamina wins.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
he beat the best ever boxer for 4 maybe 4 and a half rounds. it was stopped to tho early. i think hes proved a lot of people wrong tonight tho. great fight in the end

He won the first two rounds and that's only because Mayweather wanted him to waste energy. It was a good fight I wanted McGregor to do better but he still did more than I expected. Would of been nice for McGregor to get a knock down in the first couple of rounds.

Mayweather played it smart but let's face it he did this fight for money and it was always an easy win for him to get 50-0.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
He won the first two rounds and that's only because Mayweather wanted him to waste energy. It was a good fight I wanted McGregor to do better but he still did more than I expected. Would of been nice for McGregor to get a knock down in the first couple of rounds.

Mayweather played it smart but let's face it he did this fight for money and it was always an easy win for him to get 50-0.

First two? He won 4 rounds in total, majority of people had it 4/5. Good fight, but fight was stopped too early, Conor wasn't even hurt at all, could of gave him some more time to either break away or drop to a knee and then call it off.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
First two? He won 4 rounds in total, majority of people had it 4/5. Good fight, but fight was stopped too early, Conor wasn't even hurt at all, could of gave him some more time to either break away or drop to a knee and then call it off.

Won in points; yes.

Truthfully won? Nah.

Rewatch it, Mayweather is literally making him waste his energy. He's doing everything he can to make him waste as much energy as possible. You're mistaken if you think Mcgreggor had anything else other than a complete knockout coming after that point, he was all over the place and had been pummeled in the face multiple times. I am GLAD the ref called it, because that's not how I would want McGreggor to go down.

I mean, ****ing obviously right? The guy's a pro at this. There is absolutely no question if mayweather stepped into an octagon ring, mcgreggor would tear him apart. It's just how it goes, it was still a very enjoyable fight and the feeling of "what if" was great.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Won in points; yes.

Truthfully won? Nah.

Rewatch it, Mayweather is literally making him waste his energy. He's doing everything he can to make him waste as much energy as possible. You're mistaken if you think Mcgreggor had anything else other than a complete knockout coming after that point, he was all over the place and had been pummeled in the face multiple times. I am GLAD the ref called it, because that's not how I would want McGreggor to go down.

I mean, ****ing obviously right? The guy's a pro at this. There is absolutely no question if mayweather stepped into an octagon ring, mcgreggor would tear him apart. It's just how it goes, it was still a very enjoyable fight and the feeling of "what if" was great.

He won on points like you said, which shows out boxing, regardless of how he done it, he won 4 rounds arguably 5, I would say 4 rounds personally. Floyd was trying to figure out McGregor for the first 3 rounds at least, he has awkward angles, awkward movement, he was switching a lot, fainting etc... if Floyd could of genuinely knocked him out or stopped him at any time before the 10th, he would of done so, he hardly got pummeled lol, let's be real.... he wasn't even hurt, most of Mayweathers punches were skimming, he hit him with 1 solid punch out of the whole barrage IMO. Also, let's not forget about when McGregor had Floyd hurt and went to capitalise and the ref made them break.

I was a bit disappointed in the stoppage, I personally feel that given a bit more time, Conor could of got out of danger or created some distance, thus making the fight even more exciting to see how they both perform in rounds 11/12 etc. I feel for what the fight was worth also it should of been someone getting KO'd.

Not arguing btw, just saying my opinion.. it is what it is anyway, was a good fight, good excitement, good environment, McGregor needs to work on his cardio a bit more, maybe train for boxing rounds instead of MMA, gauranteed would help him in UFC too, and learn to pick his shots more instead of expending energy on someone's guard.

Excellent showing for Floyd, I was expecting him to go full on defence and just drag it out and win on points, was good how he switched it up in the later rounds and took the fight to Conor. He handled the pressure excellently as we would expect, given his time in the ring and against a much larger man also.

Last edited:

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
if Floyd could of genuinely knocked him out or stopped him at any time before the 10th, he would of done so,

Let's be real, it's all about the money. People pay top dolla to watch the fight. No1 wants a 1-2 round fight. Floyd knows this and he delivers entertainment. He also doesn't have a super strong punching power compared to other professional boxers and this is no secret. But guess what? He beat all of them. He is one of the smartest boxers ever.
Watch the fight again. Floyd carried him! He could've ended that fight much earlier but he didn't go for the kill. He knew he was gonna win regardless and imo wanted to give Connor the full experience of the 12 longest hardest rounds of his life.
Ofc in an MMA fight , Connor would destroy Floyd. Respect Connor for accepting to fight under boxing rules and putting up a good fight tho.

50 professional bouts without defeat...damn...some1 should write a book called 50-O

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Let's be real, it's all about the money. People pay top dolla to watch the fight. No1 wants a 1-2 round fight. Floyd knows this and he delivers entertainment. He also doesn't have a super strong punching power compared to other professional boxers and this is no secret. But guess what? He beat all of them. He is one of the smartest boxers ever.
Watch the fight again. Floyd carried him! He could've ended that fight much earlier but he didn't go for the kill. He knew he was gonna win regardless and imo wanted to give Connor the full experience of the 12 longest hardest rounds of his life.
Ofc in an MMA fight , Connor would destroy Floyd. Respect Connor for accepting to fight under boxing rules and putting up a good fight tho.

50 professional bouts without defeat...damn...some1 should write a book called 50-O

Referee saved Floyd in round 9 though.... so there's that, lol. But yes, in general not a bad fight at all.