The Ultimate Troll

smoochy boys on tour

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Although I just get annoyed with how the price just seems to creep up with them.

I was paying like £96 per month for my Sky stuff, although that was everything. Got that to £0 now as fibre and landline with my company, then just NowTV and Netflix. So I guess £16 a month really.

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
I was paying like £96 per month for my Sky stuff, although that was everything. Got that to £0 now as fibre and landline with my company, then just NowTV and Netflix. So I guess £16 a month really.

Sign me up fam.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Some parts of the UK are still tragic. We only get 12/13 down on FTTC in our office xD

It's not even available where I live (in a so-called prestigious part of town)

The Village i moved from about 4 years ago still has terrible speeds no Fibre there at all, i think 16MB line is the best given and the upload about 0.8 lol.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Although I just get annoyed with how the price just seems to creep up with them.

yeah does creep up, thats the issue, we have cinema cards/netflix/amazon prime, all adds up, I hardly watch any TV.... lol

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sign me up fam.

If only I could blud. Whilst I can guarantee we are better at customer service than the major companies, we ain't cheaper.

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:29 AM ----------

yeah does creep up, thats the issue, we have cinema cards/netflix/amazon prime, all adds up, I hardly watch any TV.... lol

I hear ya. You thought about getting a Raspberry Pi and setting up Kodi, or just a Kodi box itself?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Who the hell in the UK is providing you Fibre for free, just for loyalty. They''d be losing money unless you're getting it from BT directly.

Also Tai, do you know when you are planning on being upgraded?

Just checked with openreach and standard fibre is now available .. it was only a couple of months ago it said they weren't even in the planning stage!

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
If only I could blud. Whilst I can guarantee we are better at customer service than the major companies, we ain't cheaper.

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I hear ya. You thought about getting a Raspberry Pi and setting up Kodi, or just a Kodi box itself?

Exactly... still don't understand why people bother with all these costly extras (getting full packages for Sky etc), can buy a damn good Kodi box for like £70-100 (or just download Kodi on PC and it won't cost anything), install Covenant, happy days.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I have a server up in the loft that runs cttv, was always thinking of getting some sort of IP TV, as far as Kodi etc what I've used of it, its quality isn't all that?

Also have some Amazon Fire Sticks/Roku's that I was going to put Kodi on just to test, but they slow as ****, and it annoys me :P suppse if I found a decent tutorial I'd try it all out. want to setup some sort of real time door spy thing with a monitor/pi ****nig things always fogged up :P

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Just checked with openreach and standard fibre is now available .. it was only a couple of months ago it said they weren't even in the planning stage!

check with cable.co.uk see who else offers it

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
I have a server up in the loft that runs cttv, was always thinking of getting some sort of IP TV, as far as Kodi etc what I've used of it, its quality isn't all that?

Also have some Amazon Fire Sticks/Roku's that I was going to put Kodi on just to test, but they slow as ****, and it annoys me :P suppse if I found a decent tutorial I'd try it all out. want to setup some sort of real time door spy thing with a monitor/pi ****nig things always fogged up :P

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:11 PM ----------

check with cable.co.uk see who else offers it

Quality for movies / shows on Kodi (Covenant) are brilliant, 99% are in 1080p now... I can run it on my phone without issue, so no need for you to go out and buy an expensive box or what not unless you are very short fused with little tolerance lol.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Quality for movies / shows on Kodi (Covenant) are brilliant, 99% are in 1080p now... I can run it on my phone without issue, so no need for you to go out and buy an expensive box or what not unless you are very short fused with little tolerance lol.

not to bad then, Ideally, wouldn't want to downgrade to 1080p got a 4k UHD >.< movies are brilliant on it :P

I don't mind paying the money for quality service... heck if 1gig internet come in an they were like.. ermm its £200/pm I'd throw money at em ;P

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
not to bad then, Ideally, wouldn't want to downgrade to 1080p got a 4k UHD >.< movies are brilliant on it :P

I don't mind paying the money for quality service... heck if 1gig internet come in an they were like.. ermm its £200/pm I'd throw money at em ;P

FTTP not available in your location then? Not quite 1gig at 330mbps, and most tariffs I see are like £300 but its an option if money is no object ;)

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
FTTP not available in your location then? Not quite 1gig at 330mbps, and most tariffs I see are like £300 but its an option if money is no object ;)

unfortunally not >.< if I could, I'd move up north, and live where they are trialling 1gig connections :P

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
no idea what gamequest is, but they clearly have no idea how to use vb, or even basic html lol

fetch

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
上升的回歸;1083180 said:
Piff, why would they share the page if its not ready??

Well that's what server owners do, promote their server before it comes up... Hes just gone a weird way about it by not post on LOMCN a bit like Scorp went about Archons.