The Posts That Got Deleted

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
really looking good, actually like the fact your creating it yourself, some hot keys would be nice ;)

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Re: Zircon Server Development

I always hated Mir3's interface, It's the one thing that put me off it.

Could you do Mir3 with Mir2's interface?

As an option for awkward people like me? :)

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I always hated Mir3's interface, It's the one thing that put me off it.

Could you do Mir3 with Mir2's interface?

As an option for awkward people like me? :)

yeah it does look ****, its like a step backwards? it should be a step forwards....

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany

Hmm no idea, but it looks more and more like Mir2. If I understand it right, you change on the end all Interfaces? o.O
No matter if people want it ... ;-)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Hmm no idea, but it looks more and more like Mir2. If I understand it right, you change on the end all Interfaces? o.O
No matter if people want it ... ;-)

You need to go to spec-savers.

I refuse to repeat myself about the interface, if you are that desperate to know scroll up and read.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

Looks like mir 2 i mean the Camera and its so dark like Mir 2

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Looks like mir 2 i mean the Camera and its so dark like Mir 2

I'll give you the resolution but that's only because I've enabled higher resolutions (for compatibility not because of mir 2)

Darkness I agree, but that's temporary because I've not implemented the Time cycle.

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003

Looking fantastic Jamie!

Shame it's closed source otherwise you could do a twitch stream coding! Need more decent c# coders streaming lol! But looking brilliant so far can't wait to try it out :D

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA

Amazing work considering you've gone from a login screen and character selection screen only 14 days ago. I find it fascinating how many people can't grasp that it isn't going to look finished 30% the way through.

Wait until he says "finished" before complaining about it not looking like MIR 3 :)

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany

Amazing work considering you've gone from a login screen and character selection screen only 14 days ago. I find it fascinating how many people can't grasp that it isn't going to look finished 30% the way through.

Wait until he says "finished" before complaining about it not looking like MIR 3 :)

If you were a developer, you would know that this is not possible at all. ;-)
He uses a lot of his Marbel system somewhat adapted to Mir3.

@Jamie : Is it not so?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

You are wrong,

I have coded everything, and it is SIGNIFICANTLY different from Marble.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA

Edit: I looked at your post history. You're obviously not an asshole so I'll adjust my response.

Without looking at the source you can't claim anything with that certainty. This isn't the first time I've witnessed somebody build a full game client and server and their developmental timeframes are VERY similar.

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe, either. MIR isn't an overly complicated concept. That, and with his prior knowledge and experience working on Marble he will obviously know the right direction to go when writing his program. He doesn't need to plan and test methods; he knows. That in itself will cut down substantial time.

Belittling his achievements is disrespectful and adds nothing useful.

Lastly, if Jamie wants to use anything from prior projects then by all means do so! I have no idea why anybody would rewrite something that doesn't need to be if he has the resources available. It doesn't change anything about the work he's put into it.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

You are wrong,

I have coded everything, and it is SIGNIFICANTLY different from Marble.

You DONT know how to LIE.

Even the hit mob and radius from hero to next step click are the same

You just adapted Marble/Crystall to read 32 bit images and added that mir3 kor interface

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

You DONT know how to LIE.

Even the hit mob and radius from hero to next step click are the same

You just adapted Marble/Crystall to read 32 bit images and added that mir3 kor interface

Jealousy comes to mind, Every MIR3 server I have played including Euro MIR3 (got original disk from MirStock) Has felt slow, laggy, sluggish

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

the map movement are the same, the click radius are the same, the map reading are the same, ect ect xD
library are mil at start...mil3 and next changed to zi? hahahah
are the same lib in dxt format..original??? XDDD

copy & paste = new game? xDDD

its impossible code all the controls, engine, ect from 0 in that less time.

Use same type of equipment of mir2 in equip window,... thats no mistery, crystal read mir3 maps, its only change the libs for players and mobs, fix framesets, and add & adapt the magics...

thats very very similar to marble and marble its very similar to crystal, you changed the protocol to obj type and not id type are crystal...anyone with experience can see this with a simple sniff of marble or zircon packets

well, go and say im wrong already and i post some code to emulate your zircon (marble mir3) srv XDDD

i hate the ppl are saying shits to coly. Coly deserves all the respect of this comunity, is the only person has shared good things ect, i know i can add another ones has shared things to there ofcourse but talking about him.

Someday when jamie get bored of mir3 i get the sensation made the same as marble...
im sad about that situation are hit the mir2 comunity and i dont want this to mir3 section.

have a good day everyone

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Jealousy comes to mind, Every MIR3 server I have played including Euro MIR3 (got original disk from MirStock) Has felt slow, laggy, sluggish

One thing is to be jealosy and one thing is honesty

View attachment 18683

You see any difference?

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:41 PM ----------

the map movement are the same, the click radius are the same, the map reading are the same, ect ect xD
library are mil at start...mil3 and next changed to zi? hahahah
are the same lib in dxt format..original??? XDDD

copy & paste = new game? xDDD

its impossible code all the controls, engine, ect from 0 in that less time.

Use same type of equipment of mir2 in equip window,... thats no mistery, crystal read mir3 maps, its only change the libs for players and mobs, fix framesets, and add & adapt the magics...

thats very very similar to marble and marble its very similar to crystal, you changed the protocol to obj type and not id type are crystal...anyone with experience can see this with a simple sniff of marble or zircon packets

well, go and say im wrong already and i post some code to emulate your zircon (marble mir3) srv XDDD

i hate the ppl are saying shits to coly. Coly deserves all the respect of this comunity, is the only person has shared good things ect, i know i can add another ones has shared things to there ofcourse but talking about him.

Someday when jamie get bored of mir3 i get the sensation made the same as marble...
im sad about that situation are hit the mir2 comunity and i dont want this to mir3 section.

have a good day everyone

Thats why i reply too... he just totally direspected colly with that reply :dejection:

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA

Since he's publicly announced his plans to build a MIR 3 client and server there has been a community in Discord supporting and testing each update. If you don't believe him you could always join the channel and see for yourselves. He has spent nearly every waking moment writing source, releasing executables for testing, fixing issues, etc.

I truly expect similarities in the source and methods he uses to handle packets/data as he already knows a method that is effective. Why would he completely redesign something that works? That's like saying you should find a different way to write the alphabet and arrive at the same result.. it's pointless to recreate the wheel.

I keep hearing "it's impossible" but again, this isn't the first time I've seen someone write from scratch a MIR client. It's totally feasible and doesn't require a Masters Degree to accomplish.

Amazes me the amount of hatred he is getting because he decided to build his own MIR 3 client and server.

Ultimately, if there are so many capable and experience developers here chiming in where are your MIR 3 clients?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Without seeing Jamie's code you cannot confirm what you guys are saying is fact.

All this pointing and nay-saying is making you guys look jealous of all the attention this server is getting during the coding phase.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Since he's publicly announced his plans to build a MIR 3 client and server there has been a community in Discord supporting and testing each update. If you don't believe him you could always join the channel and see for yourselves. He has spent nearly every waking moment writing source, releasing executables for testing, fixing issues, etc.

I truly expect similarities in the source and methods he uses to handle packets/data as he already knows a method that is effective. Why would he completely redesign something that works? That's like saying you should find a different way to write the alphabet and arrive at the same result.. it's pointless to recreate the wheel.

I keep hearing "it's impossible" but again, this isn't the first time I've seen someone write from scratch a MIR client. It's totally feasible and doesn't require a Masters Degree to accomplish.

Amazes me the amount of hatred he is getting because he decided to build his own MIR 3 client and server.

Ultimately, if there are so many capable and experience developers here chiming in where are your MIR 3 clients?

There are enough project in progress, but not all post each thing they do like a teenager on twitter