alot of jealously in this thread.... :P'

gj jamie

Last edited:

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Re: Zircon Server Development

If what you guys say is true from your decoding post some proof so Jamie can explain.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as it FEELS like Mir3 that's all that matters.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Lol...comical

The amount of jealousy in this thread is unreal. Because Jamie is doing something (From scratch) that you can't, he's automatically lying?

The fact you used something like this:
Even the hit mob and radius from hero to next step click are the same

As an example to call him a liar, shows how pathetic you are lol. You and everyone else knows there is a very limited number of ways to program specific functions like this...OBVIOUSLY this would be the same (And could be copied over).

Get a brain a realise what he means when creating from scratch and you "Developers" might have something constructive to add. Or maybe just don't add anything? You've turned this into a flame war when it's meant to be a progress thread, it's fairly obvious you're getting a bit hot under the collar and afraid of a little competition.

Why not just move along and let his work speak for itself, I doubt you'll have anything worth adding from this point on.

Last edited:

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005

Every day I login and see great progress. Really good work Jamie, keep it up :encouragement:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Sad to see people moaning And all they done is a few basic ****, Jamie's done a whole client and server and it's actually good, this was my issue with calling I Mir 3,

What is Mir 3 other then a shitter feeling game with different images.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012

All the Mir 3 owners/developers in here insulting jamies work, just because this server is going to bury yours 6 ft under doesn't mean you can chat ****, you've had your warnings from daneo.

oxXFKP9.jpg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Wouldn't take any notice of these people moaning, you shown more progression within the first 2 weeks then these have in years.
Mir3 was built from Mir2, if you dislike that fact so much you may aswell start a thread complaining about Wemade.

Good luck Jamie.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Lol...comical

The amount of jealousy in this thread is unreal. Because Jamie is doing something (From scratch) that you can't, he's automatically lying?

The fact you used something like this:

As an example to call him a liar, shows how pathetic you are lol. You and everyone else knows there is a very limited number of ways to program specific functions like this...OBVIOUSLY this would be the same (And could be copied over).

Get a brain a realise what he means when creating from scratch and you "Developers" might have something constructive to add. Or maybe just don't add anything? You've turned this into a flame war when it's meant to be a progress thread, it's fairly obvious you're getting a bit hot under the collar and afraid of a little competition.

Why not just move along and let his work speak for itself, I doubt you'll have anything worth adding from this point on.

Yup, 100% cuz all the hater cant do what jamie is doing.. I love his work 100% as it not trying to build off some decoded exe's or junk.
Keep it up Jamie!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Not trying to bring back the argument but if Jamie's work in just so easy and hes copy and pasted some of marble source and suited it to mir 3 maps / items.. why in 10+ years have you not been able to make a game without displacement / laggy / buggy everywhere. I think it's just a whole load of salt knowing it's going to destroy any Mir3 server up.

You should log on and learn from his work not hate on it, that would help Mir3 a hell of a lot more than you sat here slagging off Jamie works.

On Topic, Coming along great can't wait for this.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

Good work as always, that Oma hero will go down soon, even if we have to corpse flop it is safezone.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Lol, that hero hits me for 98 lvl5 just a armor n stick.

Saying that a Deer,Wolf,SpittingSpider wipes me out easly

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

Yeah we need acc spells Ingame, and to be level 10+ with dc 11 or more. We tried to revive and hit last night was 3 of us. Getting some hits off but it regen due to a lot of misses between haha. It will be Oma hero 500+ before it dies, glad it doesn't level up on player kills.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

Reading the whines and bitching from Zed/DJ is funny, Zed just jumping in behind anyone to try and put this down before it takes over his server. DJ decrypting packets, which doesnt show any of jamies server code, to claim its all copy paste from marble is laughable. Its funny that DJ shows his screenshots of him decrypting an exe he wont release, for a server he doesnt plan on putting live with Zed all liking/praising him for it. Yet whine on here about Jamie posting screenshots of his server coming together as he adds features that people will be able to use on a server he is going to run and let people play. The hypocrisy is great.
Seems a lot of hate from these mir3 server owners/"devs", no one has actually developed/released anything for mir3 in years, its just changed libs, DBs or leaked GSP files that dont properly work.

Mir3 has been dieing, its been waiting for new files that have no limits and no bugs for many years. People have tried to get groups involved a project to no avail, GSP files were released giving us mir3 players such hope of something new, but again full of bugs and not stable. So much potential but no Devs with the time and/or skills to commit to it like Jamie has.

Server is in alpha stage and going to change and look much more different in a month, and then change some more in another month, before it even enters open beta, never mind live. Hate on it when its finished development

Having followed it from the account creation it is great to see a work in progress, Its exciting to see it take shape and getting closer to more features etc. Yes there's a long way to go, but it feels like mir3 to me and in a month or two once he is happy with the core features, the minor aesthetics changes will be applied. Somethings that are different to what you get on the current mir3 servers is that his plays smoother, no bouncebacks/lag, displacements or disconnects. Maybe if Jamie could add that in for you then maybe you will be happy its mir3?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

What's worse (well, not worse) than their moaning is people still going on about their moaning when they stopped posting already (presumably). Just keeping it going ourselves now lol

I might have a little shebang on this later, although I really don't wanna get involved as I simply don't have time to play properly.

I may just create a character called 'JamieDoYouNeedHosting' though, just to give him a giggle...

Reactions: zedina

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

What's worse (well, not worse) than their moaning is people still going on about their moaning when they stopped posting already (presumably). Just keeping it going ourselves now lol

Yes which is why I've just deleted more posts. No one likes a brown nose, people.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

Items Above common Quality show on Minimap
You can Drag to Rezie MiniMap
You can Move Minimap around
You can Hover over MiniMap Icons to see Names
Size and Location are SAVED (like belt)

time-to-fap-meme.jpg

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

Great work Jamie.

Ignore the idiots. You've contributed more to the Mir community then 99% of people on LOMCN added together. These guys are just scared that your server is going to literally take every Mir3 player from the other servers and put them in one well coded server.

Excited to see what you've got in store.

vortex69

LOMCN Member
Nov 12, 2010

i TESTED the server and i cant whait for the official opening....runs great....GOOD JOB this is a mir 3 server killer...
I like the mir 2 interface implemented in mir 3...this way you can bring mir 2 players to join mir 3.:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

i TESTED the server and i cant whait for the official opening....runs great....GOOD JOB this is a mir 3 server killer...
I like the mir 2 interface implemented in mir 3...this way you can bring mir 2 players to join mir 3.:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
I wouldnt get your hopes up on the UI just yet, Things can change rather quickly and I have asked Jamie hows hes adding the UI its nothing like Mir2 prguse