The Posts That Got Deleted

smoochy boys on tour

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Re: Zircon Server Development

i TESTED the server and i cant whait for the official opening....runs great....GOOD JOB this is a mir 3 server killer...
I like the mir 2 interface implemented in mir 3...this way you can bring mir 2 players to join mir 3.:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Jamie stated this a number of times and got tired of repeating himself. So...For the thousandth time.

It's the Korean interface lol. Not the Mir2 or Mir3 interfaces of the past.

It's also not being implemented in the traditional fashion, but rather so the interface is adjustable. Hence why it looks rather bland in it's current state as it's primarily the functionality being worked on over the prettiness at the moment.

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Great work Jamie.

Ignore the idiots. You've contributed more to the Mir community then 99% of people on LOMCN added together. These guys are just scared that your server is going to literally take every Mir3 player from the other servers and put them in one well coded server.

Excited to see what you've got in store.

You are joking right? have you forgotten who got the c# files to where they are today?

Contribution means sharing, something Jamie hasn't done since he first released c# and even then it wasn't a game or anything how we see the files today, it was merely a login, no lights, broken image library and so on.

Don't get me wrong his work looks good but to say he's contributed 99% more than LOMCN put together is ridiculous.

Heck, even Tai has contributed more than this carrot dangling scrot

Reactions: zedina

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Contribution means sharing, something Jamie hasn't done since he first released c#

Did you know he was going to release the Marble files, and had his mind swiftly changed by the criticizing minds of LOMCN lol.

Nobody who cares, want him to release anything because it creates a ton of pathetic cash cow attempts, and without Jamie everyone would be stuck on Hero files lol, whether or not people want to admit that, he is the sole reason for a really good set of files being available that aren't **** in a long time.

Not faulting the people who progressed it further, but the lack of respect Jamie gets for not releasing later versions is astonishing given that he is ultimately the reason the Crystal files exist in the first place since no else here had the willingness to do it.

This same lack of respect and decency from this forum is the EXACT SAME reason why you now are stuck on Crystal files instead of the better and improved Marble files....I'll just let that sink in. Start pointing the finger at the ones who are responsible for the lack of contribution as oppose to those who are actually helping the community but having their minds changed....FYI, this isn't the first Developer. Sam from Chronicles was also on the verge of release before his mind was changed...see a running trait here?

Last edited:

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

Don't get me wrong his work looks good but to say he's contributed 99% more than LOMCN put together is ridiculous.

Are you being serious here? I can't tell because of how ridiculous your statement is. There's over 19,000 accounts in this community, I still feel confident in saying Jamie has contributed a hell of alot more than 99% of them.

There's maybe 100-150 people at best over the years that have had worthwhile, notable contributions to the community.

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Excuse me?

Are you having a laugh?

lesson learnt don't release anything to ungrateful nd disrespectful people.

like someone already said, you've done alot more than most people on these forums.

and for someone like zed trying to pipe up what has he ever done on these forums other than creating a old ass server that people play while there is nothing else to play?

zed is liking everyones posts who's having a dig at this server/jamie... hint of jealously i think.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

zed is liking everyones posts who's having a dig at this server/jamie... hint of jealously i think.

Yeh I picked up on that too lol, made me giggle a little.

Do I get a like too Zed? Just come and show how much attention you are paying to this development lol.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

You are joking right? have you forgotten who got the c# files to where they are today?

Contribution means sharing, something Jamie hasn't done since he first released c# and even then it wasn't a game or anything how we see the files today, it was merely a login, no lights, broken image library and so on.

Heck, even Tai has contributed more than this carrot dangling scrot

How about you take a ****ing look at my original release, this is EXCLUDING anything I assisted with for a while after releasing...

Release Thread

Working Mirror

And you wonder why I stopped releasing?, because no one has the courtesy to remember.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Did you know he was going to release the Marble files, and had his mind swiftly changed by the criticizing minds of LOMCN lol.

Nobody who cares, want him to release anything because it creates a ton of pathetic cash cow attempts, and without Jamie everyone would be stuck on Hero files lol, whether or not people want to admit that, he is the sole reason for a really good set of files being available that aren't **** in a long time.

Not faulting the people who progressed it further, but the lack of respect Jamie gets for not releasing later versions is astonishing given that he is ultimately the reason the Crystal files exist in the first place since no else here had the willingness to do it.

This same lack of respect and decency from this forum is the EXACT SAME reason why you now are stuck on Crystal files instead of the better and improved Marble files....I'll just let that sink in. Start pointing the finger at the ones who are responsible for the lack of contribution as oppose to those who are actually helping the community but having their minds changed....FYI, this isn't the first Developer. Sam from Chronicles was also on the verge of release before his mind was changed...see a running trait here?

Allow me to join the band wagon here and say:

Excuse me? Who has slagged Jamie off for not releasing his Marble files? As for him ever even considering it? You have been misled.

And come on don't suggest AceM2 was never released because of anything other than monopoly.

Ali3n said:
Are you being serious here? I can't tell because of how ridiculous your statement is. There's over 19,000 accounts in this community, I still feel confident in saying Jamie has contributed a hell of alot more than 99% of them.

There's maybe 100-150 people at best over the years that have had worthwhile, notable contributions to the community.

Sure but that's not how it read. But if you want to follow that logic then even Moh has contributed more to this community than 99% of it just by posting threads about port forwarding every week. I feel your comment was disrespectful to a lot of "real" accounts.

Reactions: Breezer

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Allow me to join the band wagon here and say:

Excuse me? Who has slagged Jamie off for not releasing his Marble files? As for him ever even considering it? You have been misled.

And come on don't suggest AceM2 was never released because of anything other than monopoly.

Kind of the point I was trying to make lol.

People who actually care about what he does with his files, knows that he was considering it, and openly said so in Discord....you know, where people are assisting him and keeping up to date with the development as oppose to trashing him on a forum lol (Not you, just a statement).

You may have been right about the AceM2, but only going by the posts i read at the time by the original team.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Kind of the point I was trying to make lol.

People who actually care about what he does with his files, knows that he was considering it, and openly said so in Discord....you know, where people are assisting him and keeping up to date with the development as oppose to trashing him on a forum lol.

You may have been right about the AceM2, but only going by the posts i read at the time by the original team.

Yeah don't believe everything you read.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Yeah don't believe everything you read.

Because he has some sort of track record? I believe people until i'm given a reason not to...even in his refreshed post above, he stated he would release upon termination or end of a server, and he did?

I'm glad he didn't either way lol.

No skin off my nose, it's better this way.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Because he has some sort of track record? I believe people until i'm given a reason not to...even in his refreshed post above, he stated he would release upon termination or end of a server, and he did?

That's the c# source thread, not Marble.

I have great respect for Jamie releasing that source and I also have great respect for anyone who releases their own work or contributes to the community. I don't understand why it's turned in to some sort of playground fight over who's better or what the need for all the smack talk is

mStation said:
I'm surprised how new opportunities are accepted by LOMCN.

This community surprises me every time.

Two people do not represent the community.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

Why is this thread full of crap ? Shouldnt a mod remove the crap and just leave what acctually matters, which is the development of Zircon, in over 10 years of LOMCN never saw soo many gelous people

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

That's the c# source thread, not Marble.

It's still Jamie and it's still proof that he's never backed on his word. Point is I have yet to see Jamie produce any false information, so why would I go and doubt his word?

Anyway, Vagrant is spot on, you should really be wiping out any information except for Jamies update posts, considering none of the information is relevant.

Or at least, we should all get back to the topic that is actually important.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Excuse me?

Are you having a laugh?

What's there to laugh about? please inform me otherwise on what features the files had back then in comparison to how they stand today?

Sure you may of dabbled in a few updates here and there but real kudos goes to people like Far, of whom I can vouch has contributed a **** ton more than your fanboys are claiming you have.

People are being salty over you not sharing marble because your feelings got hurt. I for one couldn't care less and highly doubted you would've shared it anyways.

again, never said your work isn't good, but contribution is based on giving, regardless of the output, sure you got reasons to cry and looking at this thread there's a lot of hate, the only part that got to me is people claiming you've done more than anyone else for LOMCN is insane.

and to say that these files don't resemble Crystal at all is madness, unless you decided to redo the lights / Image library and map readability, then I call bullshit.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

What's there to laugh about? please inform me otherwise on what features the files had back then in comparison to how they stand today?

Sure you may of dabbled in a few updates here and there but real kudos goes to people like Far, of whom I can vouch has contributed a **** ton more than your fanboys are claiming you have.

People are being salty over you not sharing marble because your feelings got hurt. I for one couldn't care less and highly doubted you would've shared it anyways.

again, never said your work isn't good, but contribution is based on giving, regardless of the output, sure you got reasons to cry and looking at this thread there's a lot of hate, the only part that got to me is people claiming you've done more than anyone else for LOMCN is insane.

and to say that these files don't resemble Crystal at all is madness, unless you decided to redo the lights / Image library and map readability, then I call bullshit.

Just incase you failed to read the post I will quote my self.

How about you take a ****ing look at my original release, this is EXCLUDING anything I assisted with for a while after releasing...

Release Thread

Working Mirror

And you wonder why I stopped releasing?, because no one has the courtesy to remember.

I'll assume you know how to look at the source files, if not Heres a short list:

Accounts, Character, Magic, Maps, Auction (Trust Merchant), Movements, Monsters, NPCs, Respawns, SafeZones, 80+ Mobs, Groups, Assassins, Spells upto PoisonField (Some might have been missing). Buying, Selling Using Items, Splitting Items,

To sit there after all that and have the audacity that I copied Crystal, get a clue.

Last edited: