The Posts That Got Deleted

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Re: Zircon Server Development

He's designing this around the current Korean MIR 3 interface that can be seen here:

http://file2.web.ydonline.gscdn.com/we-cdn/mir3/201706/20170615105007.png http://mir3.mironline.co.kr/community/com_sshot_list.asp?p=3d01e4e3#self

I definitely hope he uses as many default elements from the official client as possible. I know some portions will have minor differences but that's mainly because English requires more area or can be formatted in a different way.

Directed broadly not exactly towards you: I think what people really need to remember is that what you're seeing is truly work in progress. You're seeing the literal progression as if watching construction of a house. Just because the windows haven't been installed doesn't mean they plan to leave them out; just because the driveway is dirt doesn't mean they don't plan to pour concrete :)

Point is: If it looks basic, like the character panel, it's because he has only finished the framework and hasn't used the texture. I think people are already spending too much time trying to find faults in the paint when it hasn't even been drywalled yet.

Hey I never knew you're from FL , Semper Fi!

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Oh forgive me for not patting your head during that stage, may I remind you that you're on going help wasn't unassisted? We as a community all pulled together to make the best out of the gem you dropped, only for you to drop us all and pretty much kill of Crystal, the graphics engine for instance after all efforts made for fixing and redoing every lib file!

What about the c# map editor, you went ahead and made it your own.

I'm not going to go say that you should share everything you have but **** sake mate, you really put other developers off.

what I'm trying to say is, there used to be an avid community, all helping each other and learning to code and design....you fly in with your carrots and literally monopolize the lot, to only get bored and start something new.

Sure the player base of LOMCN love it, but I can't be the only one to say that I'm only hear to develop, design and more importantly, share.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Sigh.. Here we go again. Round three?

Nah...I think we've reached a point where the ignore list comes in handy.

If people don't having anything useful or at least constructive to say, they go on the ignore list so i don't have to scroll through dribble lol.

there used to be an avid community, all helping each other and learning to code and design....

What have you been smoking, can i have some?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Oh forgive me for not patting your head during that stage, may I remind you that you're on going help wasn't unassisted? We as a community all pulled together to make the best out of the gem you dropped, only for you to drop us all and pretty much kill of Crystal, the graphics engine for instance after all efforts made for fixing and redoing every lib file!
Don't worry I've gotten used to people being wrong on so many levels...

Confused, What was wrong withe the Libraries, they seemed to be perfectly fine when I used them? I mean all they were is an extract of official and change of image format litereally a 1 hour project to change (you were even given an image editor that could have been modified) ... What do you mean graphics engine Crystal is still using the one I built?

What about the c# map editor, you went ahead and made it your own.
Well ****... I made it on my own?

you really put other developers off.
What, when have I ever put any other developer down?

what I'm trying to say is, there used to be an avid community, all helping each other and learning to code and design....you fly in with your carrots and literally monopolize the lot, to only get bored and start something new.

Sure the player base of LOMCN love it, but I can't be the only one to say that I'm only hear to develop, design and more importantly, share.

You call it carrots?, I am showing Progress UPDATES thats the WHOLE point of the thread, to inform people.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

The image library code was not okay, it created blackspots all over the UI and degraded the image quality on every image converted, V2 fixed this. I cant really talk about the graphic engine since you made both, all I'm going to say is that Crystal would've benefited a lot by using something other than ManagedDX, especially with people like Akaras about (someone with limited time but great knowledge of Graphic Coding).

The Map editor project was completely open and was being worked on avidly and coincidently died when you boshed out your (and I have to say pretty cool) map editor.

I never said you intentionally put developers off, but its very easy to see that open project work has died off since you started flaunting your own closed work, something I would personally never do as I tend to share anything I can, even if that means odd jobs to help out server owners.

May I add that all of what I said is in light of Marble and the work done towards end of crystal, all of which would've benefitted the open project greatly! None of this has anything to do with your Mir3 project.

I honestly predict that soon there will be no contributions made by anyone and all open projects will die off, good luck monopolizing Mir development, try not to get bored this time.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

wtf is IP? it is the amount of time that IP can be online? i know there are some weird internet laws... o.0

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

all I'm going to say is that Crystal would've benefited a lot by using something other than ManagedDX, especially with people like Akaras about (someone with limited time but great knowledge of Graphic Coding).

Not sure what you are getting at, Marble uses ManagedDX...

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

wtf is IP? it is the amount of time that IP can be online? i know there are some weird internet laws... o.0

korean have another page which has extra skills separate to your normal skills. Working on fully understanding but it regen a something like 1 point 20 seconds or something

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Breezer has gone massively overboard, but I get where the original point came from. The initial post claiming Jamie contributes more than most was poorly worded, and just downright disrespectful at worst. Jamie provides a massive service to this community by providing content for us to play and enjoy, not by releasing his content/source.

As the community is torn between 'we are players' and 'we are developers doing open source' you can see where the difference lies. I have no idea why it's become heated though. Without Jamie, there really wouldn't be a Crystal IMO, but Far deserves pretty much all the credit for getting it to where it is (I don't think even Jamie would disagree with that). Just like if it continues progressing it will be Xander primarily. "There can be only one" is a phrase that should have been left solely within the Highlander franchise. It does not belong here.

If Daneo or Tai could pop along and clean this up, I feel it would be to the benefit of all of us. Include my own post here if you want. Jamie's latest project deserves the respect of keeping it civil I think. And we as a community deserve (maybe the wrong choice of word) decent content, which Jamie is providing. Let's just leave it at that.

EDIT: Changed Marble to Crystal. From context it should have been obvious, but I was referring to Jamie starting Crystal (Or c# if you prefer) files and Far and Xander doing future work etc.

Last edited:

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

Sure but that's not how it read. But if you want to follow that logic then even Moh has contributed more to this community than 99% of it just by posting threads about port forwarding every week. I feel your comment was disrespectful to a lot of "real" accounts.

I'm not being funny, but I've been about long enough to realise that most contributions come from the same people time and time again. It maybe disrespectful, but its true.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

Breezer has gone massively overboard, but I get where the original point came from. The initial post claiming Jamie contributes more than most was poorly worded, and just downright disrespectful at worst. Jamie provides a massive service to this community by providing content for us to play and enjoy, not by releasing his content/source.

As the community is torn between 'we are players' and 'we are developers doing open source' you can see where the difference lies. I have no idea why it's become heated though. Without Jamie, there really wouldn't be a Marble IMO, but Far deserves pretty much all the credit for getting it to where it is (I don't think even Jamie would disagree with that). Just like if it continues progressing it will be Xander primarily. "There can be only one" is a phrase that should have been left solely within the Highlander franchise. It does not belong here.

Far contiued with crystal files and done very well.
jamie created marble As a complete new project and called it marble. Marble and crystal are completely different files. Same as what zircon will be.

---------- Post Merged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Without wemade files being leaked long ago we wouldn't have any servers, so let's credit them and say they contributed the most lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I'm not being funny, but I've been about long enough to realise that most contributions come from the same people time and time again. It maybe disrespectful, but its true.

Yes this is true. I said your last comment was disrespectful, not this new, different one. :friendly_wink:

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Far contiued with crystal files and done very well.
jamie created marble As a complete new project and called it marble. Marble and crystal are completely different files. Same as what zircon will be.

---------- Post Merged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Without wemade files being leaked long ago we wouldn't have any servers, so let's credit them and say they contributed the most lol.

I said Marble instead of Crystal. Thought it would have been obvious, but thank you for clearing up. I'll change it.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
NMljk8i.jpg