Mir 3 DarkSide
Likes Likes:  95
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Re: Heroes Rise - [Crystal M2] Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAngel View Post
    when I ask for time, then give me time .. I'm not even english so I don't under stand the code very well until I keep reading it 10 or 20 times or just ask for help from a friend.

nothing is very easy in coding especially when you are not english / not a coder..
    I 100% feel for you here Death.

I guess this would be something that people should know about you which at the start of opening the server this should of been made clear (unless this was stated and I missed it somewhere) :

A) English isn't your native language
    B) You are not a coder or not a coder familiar with the coding language.
    C) The code is in English.
    D) This whole server setup is a brand new job for you in which you have 0 training.

Of course this doesn't look good on paper but if I had to guess the other way will just cause more stress for you with deadlines that cannot be made as being ignorant (I am not meaning ignorant in a bad way, more of a "not knowing") to the code will slow you down.

---------

What a portion of people were/are thinking/assuming (this isn't an absolute this is just my assumption based on peoples reactions) :
    A) He has a server so he must know coding.
    B) We see him talk in English so we can safely assume English is very common to him to understand like we do.
    C) If we assume A and B are true then why is it taking you so long to fix stuff?

---------

My personal say here :
    A) Do not let these very toxic words from people get you down. I understand you are a kid (I don't mean this in a bad way) and new to this whole shabang with Mir servers. If there is one thing I don't understand are the actions and words some people take to "demean" or "put down" server owners to the point where these people have the worst type of criticism that they just want to crush your drive to make another server. Thus dwindling the Mir community (The server owner part too which is a pretty big deal I would say).

I hope you (Death and other server owners) can just ignore the toxic posts, be open minded, learn from your mistakes and keep trying. I'm telling you this though, don't be shocked if your first server falls flat on its face. Keep trying and I bet eventually you will make something very awesome. Some of your responses to people are good but don't let the frustration get to you that you want to snap at someone as well, let the players handle that unless you feel the need to step in to shut it down if its getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Trollypolly; Yesterday at 12:00 AM.

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

Let's be honest , the first version of this he ****ed up hard.

He re-released after about 3 hours of testing. Added a new class , didn't test anything , kicks off when criticised , doesn't listen to rational thoughts , actively seems to be looking for arguments with anyone on LOMCN.

The guy is nowhere near GM material , yet for some reason you all tried his server ? I did it the first time out of naivety , second time I wasn't retarded enough to play longer than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra92 View Post
    Let's be honest , the first version of this he ****ed up hard.

He re-released after about 3 hours of testing. Added a new class , didn't test anything , kicks off when criticised , doesn't listen to rational thoughts , actively seems to be looking for arguments with anyone on LOMCN.

The guy is nowhere near GM material , yet for some reason you all tried his server ? I did it the first time out of naivety , second time I wasn't retarded enough to play longer than an hour.

3 hours of testing.. yup .. you clearly have no idea about servers and you have no idea how exhausting it could be to add 1 cave.

I have tested the server for more than 20 hours.. it all seemed fine, but ther are some things that you can't find your self .. testing alone.

@Trollypolly.. english is a thing and the coding is a different thing. . It needs some very good english man to under stand the code.. and I'm still learning. .

I won't let these comments let me down for sure, my server will hopefully stay online until it makes 0 profit because it doesn't stay online on the air you know.. and actually so far 0 donations so yup..
    Heroes Rise - [ Crystal M2 ]

Rocket Re: Heroes Rise - [Crystal M2] Discussion

Gona give my 2 cent on the server:

server was not to bad till u got fed the wrong info then i got shots fired at me for apparantly giving u wrong info about class skills. i got alot comments when playing this server sayign i was feeding wrong info.

With the guys i will mention this is not hate to you guys as i think your sound guys. (Friend two,Shurikan)

Apparantly i fed u the wrong info on classes >Death< acording to FriendTwo/ just to clerify did i mention that u need to nerf any other classes skill other than assasins DarkBody,CresSlash,Hemmorage? I was an Assasin (SinsCreed)

Then Shurikan Piped up and decided to have ago yet he was the one in discord screaming his little heart out when people found out CresSlash,DarkBody was op saying no its not (Legit Thought He Was Gona Cry ;p

I was Playing an Assasin and even i knew it was broken and reported it strait away and even i agree darkbody 90% of the time is a semi decent pvp skill for flinch. The issue was the exploding dmg not the hitting stages before exploding.

Back to the Game points and our disscusions between me n death which he can confirm.

If im correct all i talked about was hemmorage,darkbody,CresSlash (I was a Sin) and then i said to u i cant even touch a wiz with my releven kit and lvl(Thats all i said about other classes) then asked if he tested the new spells he replyed yes(So me and a few other with the new spells and went and tested on our own and it was clear to see that the skills were clearly not tested to scale dmg.

Then asked him if he can test soem of the other spells with other corasponding classes for there opinion.

In my opinion 2nd time round could of been great but u let people get to your head and make u rush the re-launch/ nothing can be done now to solve this. Just An Idea (remove assasins and replace people with lvls and kit to there required class choice could be a great option) Also if u make this time round the beta / re test and relaunch the server in a week or so u will 50% lose most of the usercount but if people acctualy realy enjoy your server like i did they would rejoin when its fixed balanced and tested throug not just testing the first 80 levels.

But Due to the things ive seen and come accross in game I am have left the server But i would defo say give it ago if u like high rates but be patient i guess im not a patient guy.

GL and hope u can learn more and inprove on your server/ future servers
    Last edited by Havok; Yesterday at 07:10 AM.

Reason behind people messaging you Havok and thinking you were the cause of the drastic changes was because you were the only one making comments about all other classes and spells. But I will admit you did come around and say "nevermind, it's fine" after seeing it tested on you.

As far as DeathAngel, don't let the negative comments fuel your fire. We all know running a server can be stressful, but what can tick people off is when drastic changes are made, and everything's "fine" but it really isn't. Just absorb everything your community is saying, weed out the negatives, and adjust to the positives. You have a great server... it can be better, but we all know it takes time to get it right. No server is PERFECT. If there was, we wouldn't need to test out new servers every so often to see if we like it.

Always feel free to grab me in game to test some things out if you want. (FriendThree)

thank you all, i really appreciate these amazing comments..

i will never let any one keep me down.. i'm currently working on an update with also an event, will be very good hopefully

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:18 PM ----------

https://ufile.io/mdjn6 - NEWEST AUTOPATCHER (Updated in all links)

You have to use this to re-connect to game.. (It has a new client ..)

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:04 PM ----------

New client / Reboot changes:

Magic Shield Reduced to 20% (No complainings now .. And also I have tested it yup..) It's perfect now.

Dark Body damage buffed by 5%

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Also, Leveling Areas has been removed from the game.. (This is to fix mobs lag) - Replaced with PvP Arenas (NOT WORKING YET)

They'll be working soon, they have loads of scripts that needs looking at and even coding new stuff for no exploits..

Everything is great now, get back in game!! all classes are just fine now!

Havok I never said anything about you specifically. I said that whoever he is listening to is giving some pretty awful input on certain classes. It did seem fairly obvious it was you though, when everyday you would message me and tell me something is going to get changed that you agree with, and then it would be changed the next day (i.e poisoncloud CD when you don't even play a tao and then when you saw it tested you changed your mind). Death would not even speak to hardly anyone else so it was fairly frustrating you had all this information from talking to him somehow.

----

Death like many other people are saying, we aren't attacking you, well most of us. We simply wanted to see the server succeed. Like many people said before it did seem a bit rushed and balance issues needed to be ironed out. With english not being your primary language that's even more a reason to have everything ironed out beforehand because you know it will take you a little longer than some people that code for a living and it's their native language. Seems like you are on the right track so just keep working. Good luck with it.

-FriendTwo

HEROES RISE LATEST AUTO-PATCHER: https://ufile.io/1ups0

wrong client lol, needs to update it

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839