Warning: Booom (Vengeance/Champions Server Owner) hacked my FiveHeroes Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
I recently returned to FiveHeroes to find that my account had been breached. I made a forum post requesting help from the GM.

SL5ucTt.jpg

The GM, HotpocketSloth, was kind enough to check the logs and confirmed that someone had breached my account & taken my items:

peMZuuq.png

But then, out of nowhere, a user by the name of MeIsAgoodPerson claims I shared my account with him:

qF8vytR.png

Obviously, I had no idea who this individual was. But then, I started to think about the account details I had used on other servers. I looked at my records, and found that I had in fact used a similar username and password on Vengeance Mir (owned by Booom). This is the only other server where my account ID and password was similar to FiveHeroes.

For example (obviously not my real details):

FiveHeroes ID: account
FiveHeroes Password: password17

Vengeance ID: account17
Vengeance Password: password

So I started to dig deeper. Who is this MeIsAgoodPerson? Why is he suddenly claiming we shared accounts?

Surprise surprise. I found out that he is in fact Booom, the owner of Vengeance Mir 2 (the server I had used similar account details on), on LOMCN.

Here is Booom talking about the spell ShadowStep that he created:

TsZXOuV.png

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?96992-skill&p=1065457

Here is MeisAgoodPerson talking about his ShadowStep spell and asking Ben to include his creation in FiveHeroes:

d59z10b.png

In the above screenshot, he ( MeisAgoodPerson aka Booom) even posted this video showcasing ShadowStep to Ben and demonstrating that he is still working on the spell.

It goes without saying that you should not use the same/similar login credentials on different servers, however, I believe I have managed to demonstrate that Booom abused his position as a server owner to fish for FiveHeroes accounts.

Thanks for listening,

Dan

Edit: you might need to right-click the images and select view image to view the full size.

---------- Post Merged on 01-08-2017 at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 30-07-2017 at 08:25 PM ----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as a follow-up, and a heads-up to those thinking about playing the upcoming Heroes Rise server.

Booom is very likely now posting on the DeathAngel LOMCN account (advertising the upcoming Heroes Rise server).

Booom posted this video on the FiveHeroes forum. The YouTube account is named Heroes Rise:

(see previous post showing that Booom on LOMCN = MeIsAgoodPerson on FiveHeroes)

hgopnlk.jpg

DeathAngel on LOMCN is advertising the Heroes Rise server:

72dE63W.png

The last post on the Booom LOMCN account was made 15-07-2017:

O4Wo45n.png

The DeathAngel account was created the next day, on 16-07-2017:

Ee5mHU0.png

Good luck to those who want to try his new server. However, this is likely his latest attempt to gain a database of account details.

If you are going to try Heroes Rise, make sure you use a completely unique ID/password not related to any other Mir accounts (learn from my mistake). :P

ANOTHER UPDATE

Booom AKA MeIsAgoodPerson AKA DeathAngel has just deleted the incriminating YouTube video that linked his various accounts:

8sf4NuA.png

See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-4RFVQQ_g

Archive of page showing YouTube account name and video title: http://archive.is/fhCNN

Archive of Heroes Rise YouTube account now showing 0 videos: http://archive.is/YR0dX

Last edited:

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
I actually find this very funny.

But make sure of what ever 'you find' before accusing any one.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
7/10 for detective work. You should get your internet PI license.

Top tip for everyone; use unique id's/pass's for every server. You're asking for trouble if not.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I actually find this very funny.

But make sure of what ever 'you find' before accusing any one.

You shouldn't find using people personal information funny.

You can't fault his investigatory skills. He's caught you in the act.

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
His basically accusing me of something I've not done..

What he is trying to do is "ruining my server's reputation" before It even go live.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

What he is trying to do is "ruining my server's reputation" before It even go live.

So you're saying you're not booom?

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
He just deleted the incriminating video (on the Heroes Rise YouTube account) that I used to link his various accounts. I've added the information to the bottom of the OP.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
If he is stupid enough to make the mistakes he has clearly made, then I doubt he has used VPN's or Proxies to cover his tracks on the account creation/login at some point. Hopefully Tai can see, and slap hi

---------- Post Merged at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Also, who is 'MeIsAGoodPerson' . Is 'Heroes Rise' your Youtube channel? Why is your main point/concern not that this person is using your name falsely?

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
If he is stupid enough to make the mistakes he has clearly made, then I doubt he has used VPN's or Proxies to cover his tracks on the account creation/login at some point. Hopefully Tai can see, and slap hi

---------- Post Merged at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Also, who is 'MeIsAGoodPerson' . Is 'Heroes Rise' your Youtube channel? Why is your main point/concern not that this person is using your name falsely?

Heroes rise was clearly made by him to upload a video or something .. and also I have no idea why he is using my name - might be because i'm opening my server in 2 days and he wants to ruin it before it even starts?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Heroes rise was clearly made by him to upload a video or something .. and also I have no idea why he is using my name - might be because i'm opening my server in 2 days and he wants to ruin it before it even starts?

Why would someone randomly pick a new forum account thats been registered for a month and then just randomly decide to try and smear that new forum account and their new server (for no reason) it doesnt really make any sense.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Sounds to me like this could probably be easily cleared up by just checking the ip logs @Tai ?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
sorry, i've not seen that .. nope that account belongs to a friend.. who's been playing mir for years.

that friend wouldn't happen to have been logged on to the same computer that you log on to would he?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
booom's last ip dont match deaths ip he has now.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Easy to change an IP though, Mine changes if I unplug my internet router for 30 seconds+ and plug it back in. boom, new IP

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
Someone logged into the Booom account after I created this thread.

HKkepAI.png

If I had to hazard a guess, and this is purely speculation without access to detailed IP logs, I would say that he logged into Booom using a proxy/anonymity service (e.g. Tor) to try and distance that account from the DeathAngel account.

This would explain why DeathAngel went from completely denying any knowledge, to now admitting that Booom is his 'friend in a different country' after the Heroes Rise YouTube video was deleted in a cover-up attempt.

It would also explain the last logged IP of Booom being different from DeathAngel's IP.

A more detailed look at the IP logs is needed, but this is up to LOMCN administrators if they have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.