Is Archons dead already?

smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Gotta be the biggest flop ever? For such a promising website I can't say I'm surprised. I managed about 30mins before I wanted to fall asleep. Not sure how people managed to progress for so long
im sure this will attract plenty of flame wars vs me but who cares

discus!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Reminds me of your servers :P

index.php

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
I didnt like it the moment i saw they stole images from wow and witcher 3

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It is quite interesting that Arcadia still has a higher u/c than Archons....

I do wonder if the allegations of pointless stalls is true on that?

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Yep would say its past it now as they've had a reduced user account for nearly 3 weeks and the forums activity seems to sum it up.

I predicted with a whatsapp group of friends it would be dead by July I weren't far out :)

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Now...You see, this is an archons thread pls dont turn it into an arcadia thread

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

A lot of us including myself were originally from Arcadia and moved to Archons in the hope Andy had learnt from P69 + Arc but needless to say he has still forgot some crucial things even after all the experience he has been to be fair is a shame.

Arcadia numbers are up and these are correct numbers a lot of us who left who has end game chars have gone back for more be it a fun element(pk/social) as we have everything there is (no new content updates for ages so no motivation to level further)

There isn't many stalls as per archons as now he put the auction house/merchant he put into archons into arcadia so this has vastly reduced stalls requirement although there are still a few.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Yep would say its past it now as they've had a reduced user account for nearly 3 weeks and the forums activity seems to sum it up.

I predicted with a whatsapp group of friends it would be dead by July I weren't far out :)

is that the same what's app group that scorpion used to give another player someones personal details?

and yeah Arcadia is a lot better than archons, but still leagues behind marble

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
is that the same what's app group that scorpion used to give another player someones personal details?

and yeah Arcadia is a lot better than archons, but still leagues behind marble

Big part of this is the files used.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Big part of this is the files used.
Have to agree with this. Marble is an example what new files can do

tbh this isn't an in your face flame thread but more of a why did it fail thread with a touch of flame :lol

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Have to agree with this. Marble is an example what new files can do

tbh this isn't an in your face flame thread but more of a why did it fail thread with a touch of flame :lol

Indeed, I wish i could get my hands on the marble files.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
What levels are people on there now? Sure I see level cap raised to 100 or something thought it was low rate? maybe wrong server? either way it's the players that leave normally rather then servers going down. they seem to get bored, try new servers, some go back to old servers when there are updates.some pay to win and realise there nothing to do when you buy kit and win. I don't really see much hope for longevity on any mir2 server going forward, players are spoilt and split into so many servers now, I actually think it's hurting the community.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure people will say it's lack of updates etc, lack of new features, class balance. Loads of reasons that are killing servers off. one thing that has changed over the years is that players never really made cry threads about classes being over powered or something is unfair. They just delt with it and played on. Hell I've even complained haha. Never did on USA global Mir or euro I guess I never had direct access to game developers to moan at. The amount of crap GM or developers get is un real sometimes, I've followed a few discord channels for other servers, so many players being rude or Un grateful toward the GMs it's crazy.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Highest levels were among the 45 area i believe.

The running trait with the server seems to be constant untested content when it was released...completely unprepared in terms of content despite '3 years of development', which obviously was primarily the change in the files (Which the files in itself sucked, the only thing helping it was the change in the way you played, such as splitting the Wizard into 2 classes etc).

Obviously with any content you can expect bugs and the typical rubbish forum posts, but it was always something simple....as simple as casting a spell yourself to see the problem....making adjustments on the fly and preying it works out...just came across as very lack of effort and expected the development of the files to carry the server through.

Personally i think all could have been avoided if a little extra consideration when into the adjustments....and most of that could have been avoided had the server actually been ready to launch....the lack of readiness of the server was similar to that of a cash cow server, and we all know how they end up lol.

I already said from the start, there were far too many errors for him to come back from....by the time he gets round to fixing the problems, and then fixing the fixes...he would have lost his players lol, thats when I decided to leave cause i knew it wouldn't improve.

And to top it off....the files were trash and his priorities in terms of what he decided needed attention and how urgently were so far off it was unbelievable lol.

Just basically too much went wrong, ranging from lack of preparation, to lies about the available content and his inability to fix the right issues at the right time and having the issues to begin with by not testing the content at all.

Last edited:

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
No server ever seems to have a content plan for longer than 3 months. Private Mir server players are fickle and always have been. It's the rush of trying something new that draws the largest numbers. But then after a few months with very, very little content added, everyone hops to the new thing.

I'd love to try tackle this issue, if only I had the ability to code my own set of files.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
No server ever seems to have a content plan for longer than 3 months. Private Mir server players are fickle and always have been. It's the rush of trying something new that draws the largest numbers. But then after a few months with very, very little content added, everyone hops to the new thing.

I'd love to try tackle this issue, if only I had the ability to code my own set of files.
Don't get why everything thinks they need to code to have a good server.. oldskool my 1st server had no coding behind it, all scripting and good ideas.. was a good successful server

people these days are just lazy and want it coded, most coded features that get added these days are useless and never get used.. look at the item rental thing by Xander (really no offense to Xander) but i see that as a bit of a useless feature and time wasted

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Don't get why everything thinks they need to code to have a good server.. oldskool my 1st server had no coding behind it, all scripting and good ideas.. was a good successful server

people these days are just lazy and want it coded, most coded features that get added these days are useless and never get used.. look at the item rental thing by Xander (really no offense to Xander) but i see that as a bit of a useless feature and time wasted

My server also has no coding.

Just standard crystal files.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK

The same could be said of the general development of Mir over the years. People work on a set of files, bring it up to x standard features, see another "new" set of files released and start all over again, translate, re-add features back to x standard, over and over again. Now we are even to point where we have created the whole game in a new language and are on the third iteration of that.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Knew this would happen, the beta was fairly fun... I guess it was the "new" hype, but told people it would die...

rather have 1 good server everyone plays >.<

although I don't have time to play mir now.. PUBG takes to much of my time :P

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Knew this would happen, the beta was fairly fun... I guess it was the "new" hype, but told people it would die...

rather have 1 good server everyone plays >.<

although I don't have time to play mir now.. PUBG takes to much of my time :P

Cant have just 1 server though though, everyone likes different things.