Astral Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
MAIN POST http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97660-Astral-Low-rate-Crystal-Files

[video=youtube;fWpLYqjmLdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=fWpLYqjmLdk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Astral has been created to be a low rate server, using a mixture of mir 2, 3 and custom made maps.
Exp rate will be set at 1, exp tables have been revised along with the exp gained from monsters to keep things simple.

A bunch of monsters have been added from different versions of mir, along with their own custom AI's, some bosses act differently depending on how many people are attacking it, hopefully this leads to some challenging interactions.

We have added a title system, these give players a permanent stat buff, these require a mixture of things to obtain, from quest points, level requirement and gold, among other things.​
View attachment 18752

We have also added an additional 15 skills, along with some old skills receiving a make over (newer updated images)

Weapon glows have been added so they can be seen on the characters gear window, currently around 12 weapons have this feature.
View attachment 18753

I will conclude the advertisement here, I will update this post with more information when it is time.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on these files to get them to this state.

----------------------------------------------------------Update----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I thought id post a little progress update now we are nearing a stage where a short beta will be launched within the next week.

We have been working on adding a few additional spells, video can be seen below, detailed information of spells also found below.

[video=youtube_share;7OPbi9O2TFE]https://youtu.be/7OPbi9O2TFE[/video]

AbyssalHeed - This is a PVP only skill (warrior) cast upon a player, limiting his vision for a duration, duration increases with training.
SummonInfernalGuardian - This is the first part of the new pet, added to aid taoists for solo leveling if that's your thing.
InfernalExplosion - After summoning your pet, after a duration you will be able to cast this spell, blowing up your pet dealing damage in an area around the pet, deals reduced damage in PVP.
PledgeOfBlood - cast on yourself, or an ally, increasing there HP by a flat %, duration scales with SC.
ProtectionMantra - Cast on yourself, pet or an ally, reduces a % of incoming damage for a duration.
ThorsMight - Cast on an enemy, applies a DOT (damage over time) Ticks every 3 seconds applying damage to target, only the initial strike landing will flinch enemies.

We will be trying a few changes to the flinch mechanic once the beta is live, hopefully to provide a smoother experience, this may yield nothing, but we want to give it a try and see the results.

Additionally 3 new caves have been produced using shanda objects / tiles, these caves will be added throughout the beta, and will be available upon launch.

We are aiming for a beta by the end of the week, or perhaps the weekend, people who aid us in finding bugs / exploits will be rewarded with an amount of game gold upon the servers release.
We hope to see you soon!​

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Re: Astral Mir - [Crystal files]

New skills and bosses look really really good, keep it up.. Looking foward to this and zircon.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017

:D cant wait

TotalDam

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 22, 2017

The pve side from what I can see has plenty of bosses and looks like I cant diss it. But some of them skills will need revising in pvp and thats just fact a whole screen aoe.. thats a guaranteed flinch

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

The pve side from what I can see has plenty of bosses and looks like I cant diss it. But some of them skills will need revising in pvp and thats just fact a whole screen aoe.. thats a guaranteed flinch

Tbh could see it working on a taoist if its low rate and their actually support, spell that hits full screen flinch but on a heavy cool down like 15-20 seconds, could maybe ruin group fights though all depending on how flinch works here...

You playing any mir atm? ill ** u

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Updated main post.

As for the spells, some of them (mainly that ice hail) will not make the final release, as some of them will indeed be difficult to balance in PVP.
Regarding an ETA, a beta will hopefully be launched by the 12th of august.
@piff1 - Taoists will indeed be aimed to be a support class, however they have been given a new pet / skill to go along with the pet (see video), to aid them in solo hunting whenever they are unable to find a group, however this pet will not be overly effective in PVP.

Beta testing will begin on monday the 14th, will post a download link on saturday most likely.

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Had a few minor set backs, aiming for someday this week, getting a few features added in the meantime whilst some other smaller stuff is ironed out, should defiantly be this week.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Do you have an autopatcher already setup? if not send me a PM I can help you out with some space.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003

Hopefully this will be online this evening, had a look in beta and some of them bosses have inane AI's never seen before. Defiantly a server everyone needs to try. This could be the next populated server, server looked and felt balanced at the beginning hopefully it stays that way. But looking forward to giving it a blast!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Hopefully this will be online this evening, had a look in beta and some of them bosses have inane AI's never seen before. Defiantly a server everyone needs to try. This could be the next populated server, server looked and felt balanced at the beginning hopefully it stays that way. But looking forward to giving it a blast!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words! We will indeed be going forward with our release for tonight, I will post an advertisement shortly, along with an autopatcher download link a few hours before we will be going live, hopefully those that want to try the server can download and have it ready for whenever it goes live.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Looks nice, you put in a decent amount of work.
If the low rate label stays i would be tempted to give it a dabble.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Thanks for the kind words! We will indeed be going forward with our release for tonight, I will post an advertisement shortly, along with an autopatcher download link a few hours before we will be going live, hopefully those that want to try the server can download and have it ready for whenever it goes live.

do you have a time set for when the server is actually live or?

il give the server a go.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

Just a heads up, autopatcher is downloading 7gb+ and its the client I played from beta