Astral Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Re: Astral Mir - [Crystal files]

Server is now live.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:03 PM ----------

First small change done

Cut post cost by 80%
Increased drop rate of gold in BW, infested crypts, deadpit, abandoned tomb and despair valley.

rayray

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2011

Looks good, time for the Potatofarmer to come out of retirement and wreck some fools ^__^

( luckily the summer harvest is over so i got free time on my hands xD )

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Can you make the max Res 1366 please?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Server is OK, got to mid 20's and quickly got bored , just nothing special, the quests are kind of crap, the exp rewards are equivalent to 10/15 of the mobs required for the quest, for me quests are a big part of the noob levels and when they are low rewards and dont give many decent items etc it kills it for me personally.

Went to the second province ,Banya town, mobs dropped a lot better but i dunno the server just wasn't doing it for me , just seemed boring, maybe all the sexy features are at higher levels?

Good luck

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Server is OK, got to mid 20's and quickly got bored , just nothing special, the quests are kind of crap, the exp rewards are equivalent to 10/15 of the mobs required for the quest, for me quests are a big part of the noob levels and when they are low rewards and dont give many decent items etc it kills it for me personally.

Went to the second province ,Banya town, mobs dropped a lot better but i dunno the server just wasn't doing it for me , just seemed boring, maybe all the sexy features are at higher levels?

Good luck

Only so exciting you can make beginner content I guess, indeed the newer stuff is at higher levels, thanks for the feed back.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

The issue probably is that it just feels like this all has been done in the past , like grinding thousands of points to level my skills , it's 2017 ain't nobody got time for that **** lol.

Ill pop back online when a few people are higher see what the crack is.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Thats already changed, be fixed upon reboot.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Might want to put a changelog somewhere , if there is one already can you direct me to it ?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

After a few hours;

Already spoke to you about this but quests are a pretty normal thing these days, blocking players with group quests in the main story, in the first couple of hours is extremely bad. In a few days when there aren't 20 level 17's running around it would be impossible for new plays to do this.
The only option besides standing around trying to get a group atm is to just go randomly grind, that's not interesting, especially so early on.

Cave balance seems completely random so far, as well as the drops. If i go to a lvl 17 cave at 23 I'm eating pots none stop just taking on 2-3 mobs as a warrior. When you can only carry 40-50 pots your out in 10 minutes. Mobs between the 15 and 17/20 caves seem to get significantly harder, and with nothing between the lvl 15 and 25 gear set it makes it ridiculously hard. Tele into a 23 cave at 24 and I'm on 10% hp in 2s... TT

Drop wise i don't really know what to say, so far in a lvl 17 cave i got everything from lvl 23 to 33 items.

You said that there is no solo content, i considered just exiting at that point to be perfectly honest. I really don;t see how any server can survive with no content for players outside of the evening group hunts to keep them occupied.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I agree there need to be solo content.

But im enjoying the server so far at level 27.

Had a legendary book drop from a boss already.

my only worry is that items are dropping a lot or are they just nooby junk items?

is there rares through out all levels?

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

After a few hours;

Already spoke to you about this but quests are a pretty normal thing these days, blocking players with group quests in the main story, in the first couple of hours is extremely bad. In a few days when there aren't 20 level 17's running around it would be impossible for new plays to do this.
The only option besides standing around trying to get a group atm is to just go randomly grind, that's not interesting, especially so early on.

Cave balance seems completely random so far, as well as the drops. If i go to a lvl 17 cave at 23 I'm eating pots none stop just taking on 2-3 mobs as a warrior. When you can only carry 40-50 pots your out in 10 minutes. Mobs between the 15 and 17/20 caves seem to get significantly harder, and with nothing between the lvl 15 and 25 gear set it makes it ridiculously hard. Tele into a 23 cave at 24 and I'm on 10% hp in 2s... TT

Drop wise i don't really know what to say, so far in a lvl 17 cave i got everything from lvl 23 to 33 items.

You said that there is no solo content, i considered just exiting at that point to be perfectly honest. I really don;t see how any server can survive with no content for players outside of the evening group hunts to keep them occupied.

I never said theres no solo content, obviously EC is too difficult in its current state, it will be address as soon as I reboot, as for the item drops your speaking about, all that kit not meant to be rare, I want players to speed through until the proper content, hence why leveling is easy.
Will have a few issues addressed with the next reboot I do, various small changes regarding cave balance will be done.

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I agree there need to be solo content.

But im enjoying the server so far at level 27.

Had a legendary book drop from a boss already.

my only worry is that items are dropping a lot or are they just nooby junk items?

is there rares through out all levels?

The items are just junk items, common gear meant to be widely available, higher level kits are significantly rarer, once you get around 35+, also there is different tiers of gear, e.g. standard gear, a slightly better version and a mythical version all of a level 40-43 set, regarding the spells, some legendary skills will drop early, its the things like reskined CHM and BA, although the newer, fancier spells are quite abit rarer.

Hope this cleared up some concerns.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

My worries aren't about spells dropping think it's good that rare spells are dropping from bosses we might have got lucky but nice known they actually drop.

Maybe be you should get a discord channel for the server and for players to contact you easier with there problems, might work out better in the long run if any exploits or bugs come into play.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Updated main advertisement post with a small list of changes.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Then i misunderstood your comments RE solo content. That's fine.

I have not given up, but so far it is becoming more frustrating than fun trying to level, simply due to not being able to take on more than 2-3 mobs in caves that have hundreds, and that is level 25 in a level 17 cave. Hope the amendments solve this.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Really enjoyed to level 31 so far, granted was some balance issue with caves which got sorted on 1AM reboot much better now, can't wait to get deeper into content and see some of these mir 3 Bosses.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Mob damage balancing seems fine since the last amendment from what I've tried so far. I do however feel like either mobs have too much HP or warrior damage needs buffing slightly. Taking 10-15 hits per mob with no attack speed is rather tedious at present. Far beyond the point of necessity.

Also finding cave floors with messed up mini maps, like PSC, makes finding the doors without running the whole map impossible.

With all due respect, it obviously took time and effort to get this far. While some issues are expected with any new server, it does feel like not much real testing was done here, and we are only in the first few caves so far.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Mob damage balancing seems fine since the last amendment from what I've tried so far. I do however feel like either mobs have too much HP or warrior damage needs buffing slightly. Taking 10-15 hits per mob with no attack speed is rather tedious at present. Far beyond the point of necessity.

Also finding cave floors with messed up mini maps, like PSC, makes finding the doors without running the whole map impossible.

With all due respect, it obviously took time and effort to get this far. While some issues are expected with any new server, it does feel like not much real testing was done here, and we are only in the first few caves so far.

Whats wrong with the mini maps? I'm looking and there completely fine, whats it making it difficult for you to see where the door is?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Floor 2 or 3? the map is not even remotely corresponding to the actual floor.

As in on the mini/big map the doors are bottom left top right. whereas actually in-game you start at the bottom right of the map.