Astral Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

O115

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 3, 2016
Re: Astral Mir - [Crystal files]

I don't really know what you expected to be honest. Unless you have a sizeable user-count, or which very few server come even remotely close, blocking progress with group content will never work. All it has done so far is allow the 3-4 people that hunt together to steam ahead of everyone else, kill all the bosses, and progress past 33.
This is pretty much why I can't be bothered to log back on the server.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

This is pretty much why I can't be bothered to log back on the server.

It is certainly not too late to rectify, it has only been up just over a day. The server looks to have some interesting stuff going on in the latter parts, we just need to be able to get there effectively.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O

Don't understand what you lot are moaning about, you said EC was too hard, I killed with 1wiz 1war 1tao (befor nerf)...
You then all moaned BoneLord was too hard and required a massive group, I killed with 1wiz 1tao (before the nerf yet again!)

Instead of just charging in and whacking the bosses then moaning they're too strong, take your time to clear the mobs and work out a strategy to kill the boss

Loving the server so far, gm is constantly active doing updates etc, just could do with a few more little rares dropping from the noob bosses and also woomahorn drop rate increasing a little

/Beater

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Don't understand what you lot are moaning about, you said EC was too hard, I killed with 1wiz 1war 1tao (befor nerf)...
You then all moaned BoneLord was too hard and required a massive group, I killed with 1wiz 1tao (before the nerf yet again!)

Instead of just charging in and whacking the bosses then moaning they're too strong, take your time to clear the mobs and work out a strategy to kill the boss

Loving the server so far, gm is constantly active doing updates etc, just could do with a few more little rares dropping from the noob bosses and also woomahorn drop rate increasing a little

/Beater

Exactly my point, so far the only people 'enjoying' the majority of the content are you 3. You also failed completely in understanding my post about them, read it again. Obviously you can not see the issues as you are A, a wizz and B, hunting as a group.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005

Exactly my point, so far the only people 'enjoying' the majority of the content are you 3. You also failed completely in understanding my post about them, read it again. Obviously you can not see the issues as you are A, a wizz and B, hunting as a group.

Carnage (who I don't hunt with seemed to do fine vs BL) I went to help and he'd already took 1/3 of its hp using TDB (tdb was also stunning the boss which I don't agree with)

'you 3'??? What about all the other people level 33+ that are getting along just fine

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Leveling is a joke, I'm not talking about exp.

Irregardless of what you think, we went with 2 warriors and still failed. 125+dmg/2s vs pots that heal 40/2s, not even including the adds, Math speaks for itself, It's not like Mir has complex mechanics, you hit stuff and use potions. Tho again this is irrelevant, my post regarding bosses was not the fact they needed more than 1 person, read it again.

You can argue the toss all you like, user count speaks for itself, and unless people are able to progress without needing to group hunt you will be playing the server by yourself. If you can hunt in underworld simply as a wizz, great for you, does not alter the fact warriors can not. and unless I'm missing something obvious, i can at present not hunt in any of the places for 33+ items. So why would i care about leveling?

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005

Leveling is a joke, I'm not talking about exp.

Irregardless of what you think, we went with 2 warriors and still failed. 125+dmg/2s vs pots that heal 40/2s, not even including the adds, Math speaks for itself, It's not like Mir has complex mechanics, you hit stuff and use potions. Tho again this is irrelevant, my post regarding bosses was not the fact they needed more than 1 person, read it again.

You can argue the toss all you like, user count speaks for itself, and unless people are able to progress without needing to group hunt you will be playing the server by yourself. If you can hunt in underworld simply as a wizz, great for you, does not alter the fact warriors can not. and unless I'm missing something obvious, i can at present not hunt in any of the places for 33+ items. So why would i care about leveling?

Try thrust trap so the aoe doesn't hit both warriors every time, pot regen does need upping though, currently using Med pots all the time as they work out better for the weight and the hp and mp ticks at +8 on all pots. Also when you get potion master (the level 30war skill) it makes things a lot easier

Hellcave does need nerfing abit and ranged mobs added, will agree with that as it's currently too easy for a wiz and other classes just seem to get smashed, also the 35+ cave black palace (I think) needs looking at as mobs seem way too strong

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Try thrust trap so the aoe doesn't hit both warriors every time, pot regen does need upping though, currently using Med pots all the time as they work out better for the weight and the hp and mp ticks at +8 on all pots. Also when you get potion master (the level 30war skill) it makes things a lot easier

Hellcave does need nerfing abit and ranged mobs added, will agree with that as it's currently too easy for a wiz and other classes just seem to get smashed, also the 35+ cave black palace (I think) needs looking at as mobs seem way too strong

That would be potion master that drops in the caves we can't hunt in, yes.

So you just agreed with my point there completely, the caves needed to progress are too hard, like every other cave that was readjusted multiple times yesterday. Warriors have been 5 steps behind since the start because of this.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005

That would be potion master that drops in the caves we can't hunt in, yes.

So you just agreed with my point there completely, the caves needed to progress are too hard, like every other cave that was readjusted multiple times yesterday. Warriors have been 5 steps behind since the start because of this.

I will agree if you make a valid point, I don't want the server to fail as I'm having fun playing it. But saying things like 'warriors have been 5 steps behind since the start of the server' is abit of an exaggeration as warriors wer the best class in the early levels.

The gm is trying to sort it all out he's already gave warriors a speed but people posting stuff like 'this is why I'm not logging back on the server' isn't going to help at all, people need to be ingame showing the gms this stuff and helping him to adjust them

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Have you even read this post? I have done nothing but give this feedback since the start, every time i leave SZ there was a new issue. Every single cave after the skeletons needed readjusting, So yes i spend half the time playing stuck in content 5-10 levels beneath me waiting for reboots. that in itself is '5 steps behind'. Being unable to progress gear wise for the last day again, due to cave balance issues.

Obviously as a wizz and playing as a group you have not had to deal with half of the issues, so it is easy for you to say this. I have been more than patient and understanding but the lack of proper testing is far too apparent. Especially when i came to people abusing unintended spell mechanics.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005

Have you even read this post? I have done nothing but give this feedback since the start, every time i leave SZ there was a new issue. Every single cave after the skeletons needed readjusting, So yes i spend half the time playing stuck in content 5-10 levels beneath me waiting for reboots. that in itself is '5 steps behind'. Being unable to progress gear wise for the last day again, due to cave balance issues.

Obviously as a wizz and playing as a group you have not had to deal with half of the issues, so it is easy for you to say this. I have been more than patient and understanding but the lack of proper testing is far too apparent. Especially when i came to people abusing unintended spell mechanics.

Yes I've read the post, according to you bonelord NEEDS a group of 4+, 'frost crunch perma slows' and 'Taos poison kills lures faster than war'. All of which are untrue. Over exaggerating things won't make the server any better.

List for GM (will keep adding what people post)

-HellCave need mob stats lowering and Archers adding
-Black palace needs mob stats lowering
-FrostCrunch needs either a cooldown or reduction on chance to purple/blue
-Lightning damage seems weak
-MagicShield damage reduction needs changing (currently 0-20% 1-30% 2-40% 3-50%) fix (0-10% 2-20% 3-30% 4-40% small decrease to trial)
-EC and BoneLord nerf (don't agree with this but suppose it'll stop the QQs)
-Potion hp+mp tick increase (currently all pots ticking same)
-Shinsu needs a big stat increase
-Warrior items AC increase
-Lower Ac on wiz items and add AMC

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

You can argue over specifics and emit the reasoning all you like, it does not make you right.

Bone lord argument, same a EC is about quest progress, i don't care if they are hard or not. As i stated, in a few days when everyone is past it new players wont have a chance. He could have just removed the quest for the same result.

Frost crunch, you had me slowed for 20s~ before i TT'd, whether or not it would have been permanent is just you trying to be clever over specifics. Did you inform him of this? no ofc not you took full advantage...

Tao poison, i sat and watched your tao friend killing Boar KR, believe what you like, i know what i saw, and i know how fast i clear.

Last edited:

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005

Frost crunch, you had me slowed for 20s~ before i TT'd, whether or not it would have been permanent is just you trying to be clever over specifics. Did you inform him of this? no ofc not you took full advantage

I'm guessing you're the warrior from wt it then, I cast frost crunch on a player for the first time throughout the game and u was blued (which lasts 2seconds at most) then cast tbolt, could have been a lucky FC for all I knew. Yet again you're over exaggerating stuff

---------- Post Merged at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Can't edit post but also if it was (20seconds) and warriors aren't Tanky, how did u manage to tank a wiz war and tao all hitting you for 20seconds?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I'm guessing you're the warrior from wt it then, I cast frost crunch on a player for the first time throughout the game and u was blued (which lasts 2seconds at most) then cast tbolt, could have been a lucky FC for all I knew. Yet again you're over exaggerating stuff

yeah players seem to take things abit OTT.

some screenshots of leveling for wiz.

possibly looking for a tao to hunt with from time to time

pm /ExCaLa

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Seems to me the people crying server is to hard are the ones that don't like challenges , bosses are clearly being killed , just because you can't kill them doesn't mean they are to hard ... try levelling abit get higher level skills and more Hp and go again , not rocket science.

Problem you have is people are coming from Eden server where the server is aimed at solo content , to here where it's group content , and people can't adjust. Don't change your server to cater for the needs of the few , cater to the needs of the many , I don't see many people moaning about server being to hard except one or two people on here , obviously doing something right.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Yes I've read the post, according to you bonelord NEEDS a group of 4+, 'frost crunch perma slows' and 'Taos poison kills lures faster than war'. All of which are untrue. Over exaggerating things won't make the server any better.

List for GM (will keep adding what people post)

-HellCave need mob stats lowering and Archers adding
-Black palace needs mob stats lowering
-FrostCrunch needs either a cooldown or reduction on chance to purple/blue
-Lightning damage seems weak
-MagicShield damage reduction needs changing (currently 0-20% 1-30% 2-40% 3-50%) fix (0-10% 2-20% 3-30% 4-40% small decrease to trial)
-EC and BoneLord nerf (don't agree with this but suppose it'll stop the QQs)
-Potion hp+mp tick increase (currently all pots ticking same)
-Shinsu needs a big stat increase
-Warrior items AC increase
-Lower Ac on wiz items and add AMC

Thanks for the list, done most of these changes. Refer to patch notes

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

yeah players seem to take things abit OTT.

some screenshots of leveling for wiz.
2 of these screenshots are area where a warrior cant even tank 2 of the mobs, as of 12pm today. Its clearly not fine...

Seems to me the people crying server is to hard are the ones that don't like challenges , bosses are clearly being killed , just because you can't kill them doesn't mean they are to hard ... try levelling abit get higher level skills and more Hp and go again , not rocket science.

Sounds to me, like IceSlice. you can't understand a basic statement. Stop blocking quest progress with a group boss, does not mean bosses are too hard remove them. Morons. You don't see people moaning because 4 of the 7 people online at that point are here... the other 3 probably wizzies.

I'm done holding you hand, the only reason the warriors got this far is because of all the changes stated. I did not sign up to a beta test server, nor do i expect to take **** every step when pointing out gaping holes, which is exactly how this feels.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

2 of these screenshots are area where a warrior cant even tank 2 of the mobs, as of 12pm today. Its clearly not fine...

your the most negative person iv ever came across honestly.

i also cant tank them i kill them over walls, LIKE every AOE class can its an ADVANTAGE RANGED classes HAVE, if you wanna kill things over walls then reroll if not then clearly shut it.. aight?

every server iv seen you play recently your just chatting **** and moaning.

check any of your recent post's your wanting everything to be made easy.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Everything to be made easy?

I want to be able to play and progress... we already established that every single cave after skeletons was unusable as a warrior, not just me. they were all readjusted. Until the next level of caves where they were again unusable.... so explain what i should do? sit in SZ?

Where have i said make things easier, instead of the actual statement of make it so i can actually kill things in there? When i made the last 'feedback' post there was no cave above 26+ tag that i could actively hunt in, if you think this is OK then you are just stupid.

You have zero argument here other than group up which is not the solution. Or actually not the logical solution. If thats what he wants then so be it, but that is his choice.

Last edited: