Astral Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Re: Astral Mir - [Crystal files]

Trust Merchant doesn't work, i can assign an item but cannot "get back" or retrieve the sold cash. The below error come up.

View attachment 18802

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

he's not using correct npc cmd,

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017

@lostwars to fix this issue:

[@Consignment]
#SAY
Here are your items for sale.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016

are u playing your server on the same computer your hosting on?

mob lag is v v v bad

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

-3 more quests in and were back to group bosses that will require 4+ people. A boss that's hitting me for 125+ at lvl 30
-You have tao's poison killing rooms of mobs, faster than i can kill half of it. On top of just afk killing the bosses no-one else can touch.
-TDB mana cost is far too unsustainable.

I don't think its mob lag, as some caves are fine. however, a lot of places are just feeling very sluggish right now, due to my previous comments e.g mob hp/our damage, and mobs like psc that move 1 step every 3s.

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

-3 more quests in and were back to group bosses that will require 4+ people. A boss that's hitting me for 125+ at lvl 30
-You have tao's poison killing rooms of mobs, faster than i can kill half of it. On top of just afk killing the bosses no-one else can touch.
-TDB mana cost is far too unsustainable.

I don't think its mob lag, as some caves are fine. however, a lot of places are just feeling very sluggish right now, due to my previous comments e.g mob hp/our damage, and mobs like psc that move 1 step every 3s.

Will be rolling out a small update today to address the story quest bosses, along with additional on a bunch of side quests, all the issues you have brought up will be address today, I wanted these bosses to be difficult, but clearly its not what people want, so ill go with what people what instead of what I thought. And no the servers not hosted from home

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

The primary issue is not that the bosses are hard, it is that they are blocking the quest progress. and in a few days time when everyone is no longer doing starter content, no one will be able to kill them, except those that vastly out level any possible use they may provide.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

The primary issue is not that the bosses are hard, it is that they are blocking the quest progress. and in a few days time when everyone is no longer doing starter content, no one will be able to kill them, except those that vastly out level any possible use they may provide.

Thanks for laying it out that way, will adjust it accordingly!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Server is OK, got to mid 20's and quickly got bored , just nothing special, the quests are kind of crap, the exp rewards are equivalent to 10/15 of the mobs required for the quest, for me quests are a big part of the noob levels and when they are low rewards and dont give many decent items etc it kills it for me personally.

Went to the second province ,Banya town, mobs dropped a lot better but I dunno the server just wasn't doing it for me , just seemed boring, maybe all the sexy features are at higher levels?

Good luck

kinda feel the same =-/

Not a fan of running around a cave killing mobs for a single quest, then having to go back to the NPC to get another quest to kill the same mobs, Ok so they had a different name but why not have a single quest kill X this and X that, I know it makes it look like you have more quests.. but it just drags it out, you out level the cave and would mean people skip the quests because they would rather level in a cave that is closer to their level.

Feels like an alright server though, but mobs seem slow? so unsure if its mob lag or their move speed is just mega nerfed.

I'll probably pop on every now an then :)

I'm sure others will enjoy it.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

kinda feel the same =-/

Not a fan of running around a cave killing mobs for a single quest, then having to go back to the NPC to get another quest to kill the same mobs, Ok so they had a different name but why not have a single quest kill X this and X that, I know it makes it look like you have more quests.. but it just drags it out, you out level the cave and would mean people skip the quests because they would rather level in a cave that is closer to their level.

Feels like an alright server though, but mobs seem slow? so unsure if its mob lag or their move speed is just mega nerfed.

I'll probably pop on every now an then :)

I'm sure others will enjoy it.

Thanks for the feed back mate, taking a look at the quest system atm, also adjusting the mob speed.
Thanks for popping on ^^

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Thanks for the feed back mate, taking a look at the quest system atm, also adjusting the mob speed.
Thanks for popping on ^^
Your welcome :P

Also unsure about higher level, but warrior item stats seem kinda low? same level ring for wiz/tao has the same DC? surely the warrior ring would have more DC?

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland

i was have hope it will be good server, but its bored me ;p nothing new, war stats crap, qests bro ? wtf is this xD i hoe u will make some changes for make it better

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Your welcome :P

Also unsure about higher level, but warrior item stats seem kinda low? same level ring for wiz/tao has the same DC? surely the warrior ring would have more DC?

Only like the beginner item, so they can meele mobs as they might not have much mc / mana, stops after the first little area

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Only like the beginner item, so they can meele mobs as they might not have much mc / mana, stops after the first little area

I think he is more referring to the inherent value each stat provides, e.g 5 MC gives more output than 5 DC would, unless this has changed.

Warrior stats in general are feeling quite lackluster, as i already stated. A.speed is an issue, it is the primary scaling factor for warriors until you reach the point of diminishing returns. Probably the main reason its taking so long to kill basic mobs. Tho the fact I'm still hitting for 20 damage half the time at 31 is not helping.

I have no insight into what damage output wizz/tao are doing, tho from the speed i see them kill its obviously significantly more than me.

There is also the reoccurring issue that so far every new cave i enter is basically unusable as a warrior until you patch it, due to not being able to take on more than 2-3 mobs at a time.

I'm not trying to complain here, or make you look bad. But most of the issues so far are basic game play mechanics and balance issues from just the first few hours of playtime; that should have been apparent with even the smallest amount of testing.

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

I think he is more referring to the inherent value each stat provides, e.g 5 MC gives more output than 5 DC would, unless this has changed.

Warrior stats in general are feeling quite lackluster, as i already stated. A.speed is an issue, it is the primary scaling factor for warriors until you reach the point of diminishing returns. Probably the main reason its taking so long to kill basic mobs. Tho the fact I'm still hitting for 20 damage half the time at 31 is not helping.

I have no insight into what damage output wizz/tao are doing, tho from the speed i see them kill its obviously significantly more than me.

There is also the reoccurring issue that so far every new cave i enter is basically unusable as a warrior until you patch it, due to not being able to take on more than 2-3 mobs at a time.

I'm not trying to complain here, or make you look bad. But most of the issues so far are basic game play mechanics and balance issues from just the first few hours of playtime; that should have been apparent with even the smallest amount of testing.

Yeah that's fair, just never assumed people would mostly be trying to solo these areas if they are difficult, gotta cater more for solo players it seems. Rebooting shortly to apply some fixes, refer to patch notes.

Cheers for the feed back.

Most recent patch notes http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97660-Astral-Low-rate-Crystal-Files

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Just for the sake of clarity.

- Permanent slow from a wizz, makes any form of pvp impossible.

I'm done for now, they obviously know its bullshit, but don't inform you. This is why things should be tested first.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Just for the sake of clarity.

- Permanent slow from a wizz, makes any form of pvp impossible.

I'm done for now, they obviously know its bullshit, but don't inform you. This is why things should be tested first.

Think your the first person to mention that..

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Awww that suck's never even set my Frost crunch to a key lmao, wish people would speak up sooner about these things, Don't want to see another good server get **** on by a few losers.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Think your the first person to mention that..

That is kind of my point. As with anything in life i guess, there will always be people happy to take advantage of anything they can get their grubby little hand on.

---------- Post Merged on 21-08-2017 at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 20-08-2017 at 10:09 PM ----------

Yeah that's fair, just never assumed people would mostly be trying to solo these areas if they are difficult, gotta cater more for solo players it seems. Rebooting shortly to apply some fixes, refer to patch notes.

Cheers for the feed back.

Most recent patch notes http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97660-Astral-Low-rate-Crystal-Files

I don't really know what you expected to be honest. Unless you have a sizeable user-count, or which very few server come even remotely close, blocking progress with group content will never work. All it has done so far is allow the 3-4 people that hunt together to steam ahead of everyone else, kill all the bosses, and progress past 33.

Even if we ignore the fact i had to wait for patches every new cave, which you did in good time i admit, i have seen no progress in hours. Every place i can hunt in drops the same 25/33 items, and provides the same exp, give or take 50. Meanwhile we get spammed with 36+ drops from Hell, of which i cant even get out of the doorway.

Group content is fine, but it needs to be balanced and there needs to be an alternate way to progress.