Legend of Mir: Genesis

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It's not 'theirs' though, is it? Me and ijam made the map for our previous server which I'm no longer part of and last time I heard, that server is no more. So please remove your negativity away from my thread.

A server you were booted from iirc. A server I am working on with iJam, a server which is still going on.

Image_4.png

Image_5.png

Image_6.png

For banter does ur mines look like this?
Image_7.png

And is this your sewers?
Image_8.png

Why cant you make your own rather than copying directly what they done. You stole money, cried when you realised iJam wasn't your friend but not best friends 'cause you know you never met him.

We are a community of thieves but there is a little bit of honour. I hope this flops, you flopped last time when you kept constantly changing Wikipedia to go directly to your site and remove LOMCN, so I'm sure it'll happen again.

Shots fired.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Just mentioning Torozor on these forums give out insta blowjobs or something all of a sudden?

? Torozor wasn't ever a massive server just had 30-50 hardcore players, if you played the server you'd see that SZ is a clear clone of the lay out of torozor sz, looks sweet either way though Smav's bit of a beast with maps though so expected.

Reactions: SmavidDavid

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
A server you were booted from iirc. A server I am working on with iJam, a server which is still going on.

Image_4.png

Image_5.png

Image_6.png

For banter does ur mines look like this?
Image_7.png

And is this your sewers?
Image_8.png

Why cant you make your own rather than copying directly what they done. You stole money, cried when you realised iJam wasn't your friend but not best friends 'cause you know you never met him.

We are a community of thieves but there is a little bit of honour. I hope this flops, you flopped last time when you kept constantly changing Wikipedia to go directly to your site and remove LOMCN, so I'm sure it'll happen again.

Shots fired.

The maps were made by me and iJam when I was on the team at the time, same goes for the rest of the server where i had invested my time and efforts, so yes, I have rights to use as my own. Stole money? I have no recollection of stealing anyone's money, what sad lies did iJam tell you? I got booted off the server because there was lack of activity due to beginning of term and yes of course I am going to be angry and upset about it, after dedicating my time you think I wouldn't be? I see iJam's hiding behind you, he has seen this thread, he can private message me if he has issues with anything because last time i spoke to him, he told me he isn't working on his server anymore.

Enough said. I am going to continue with my server, if you wish to keep it the same, by all means do as you please but please don't chat rubbish on my thread.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
The maps were made by me and iJam when I was on the team at the time, same goes for the rest of the server where i had invested my time and efforts, so yes, I have rights to use as my own. Stole money? I have no recollection of stealing anyone's money, what sad lies did iJam tell you? I got booted off the server because there was lack of activity due to beginning of term and yes of course I am going to be angry and upset about it, after dedicating my time you think I wouldn't be? I see iJam's hiding behind you, he has seen this thread, he can private message me if he has issues with anything because last time i spoke to him, he told me he isn't working on his server anymore.

Enough said. I am going to continue with my server, if you wish to keep it the same, by all means do as you please but please don't chat rubbish on my thread.

I'm posting for myself as you've blatantly ripped everything off a server you parted ways with and i'm now working on. I do not particually want to sit and wait for you to release all our older maps (as the one we've got now has more features), and spoil it for us.

Maps are nothing in scheme of things, did you ask iJam personally if he minded you using his maps? **** it tho, use the map we will put the map folder up for release in a moment, as there is no point recycling them when we can make more.

By parting ways you leave it behind, don't copy and paste everything and claim it as your own. But lets see one of your maps you made soley yourself without ijams help, from my knowledge you helped with some tiles, but we can all see iJam has released maps on LOMCN and shown his skills, I've not seen yours so I doubt you have any real claim to them.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
I'm posting for myself as you've blatantly ripped everything off a server you parted ways with and i'm now working on. I do not particually want to sit and wait for you to release all our older maps (as the one we've got now has more features), and spoil it for us.

Maps are nothing in scheme of things, did you ask iJam personally if he minded you using his maps? **** it tho, use the map we will put the map folder up for release in a moment, as there is no point recycling them when we can make more.

By parting ways you leave it behind, don't copy and paste everything and claim it as your own. But lets see one of your maps you made soley yourself without ijams help, from my knowledge you helped with some tiles, but we can all see iJam has released maps on LOMCN and shown his skills, I've not seen yours so I doubt you have any real claim to them.

Ok, all the best to you both.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
@Piff: Wasn't a dig at you, or a dig at all really, but **** me the amount of Torozor chat lately is madness.

@everything else: Are we only allowed to use maps that we have created ourselves now? When I do anything on here (which isn't often if at all) I would expect it to be stolen and used within seconds. I've done some pretty swifty things with the UI lately, and if I get around to putting something live I'd expect that to be used tbh (and if it isn't it's because it's too **** rather than anybody having any honour). As you said yourself, it's technically a community of thieves.

Mecha seems to have some partial claim over these, and you have now made them public. Argument should end there.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@Piff: Wasn't a dig at you, or a dig at all really, but **** me the amount of Torozor chat lately is madness.

@everything else: Are we only allowed to use maps that we have created ourselves now? When I do anything on here (which isn't often if at all) I would expect it to be stolen and used within seconds. I've done some pretty swifty things with the UI lately, and if I get around to putting something live I'd expect that to be used tbh (and if it isn't it's because it's too **** rather than anybody having any honour). As you said yourself, it's technically a community of thieves.

Mecha seems to have some partial claim over these, and you have now made them public. Argument should end there.

Even if you never go live, give me your GUI stuff so I can use them.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

It does seem to be common practice around here, which is silly considering it doesn't take all that much effort, just time to make unique maps. It's also quite fun, from the short time i messed with it. There is a world of difference between making community releases, which we all love, and having your hard work ripped from a client.

I assume this only happens because there is no way to protect/encrypt them?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
It does seem to be common practice around here, which is silly considering it doesn't take all that much effort, just time to make unique maps. It's also quite fun, from the short time i messed with it. There is a world of difference between making community releases, which we all love, and having your hard work ripped from a client.

I assume this only happens because there is no way to protect/encrypt them?

Yeah I agree. It's not something I'd do myself, but the outrage and drama that occurs just seems so... odd, based on what our community is built upon. These are good quality maps, so I can understand the frustration, but for me, personally, I'd think the outrage is only justified if they literally made new tiles/tilesets themselves.

Even if you never go live, give me your GUI stuff so I can use them.

Meh, at present it's not so much GUI as it is redesigning the login area. I've got the login and create new account screen done, but had to change the beginning bit of the client to use 1024 resolution as opposed to being locked to 800 (so I can use my new images etc). I do literal **** ton of playing around in the background to be honest, but don't really do any of it with the intention of releasing (as in releasing on a server, not the components)

I'll happily give the images and the GUI stuff i have ready when they are complete though. But anyway, I don't want to derail or go off topic. Sorry Mecha

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Yeah I agree. It's not something I'd do myself, but the outrage and drama that occurs just seems so... odd, based on what our community is built upon. These are good quality maps, so I can understand the frustration, but for me, personally, I'd think the outrage is only justified if they literally made new tiles/tilesets themselves.

There is some in there I built and objects

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

I would disagree somewhat, even using the standard tools/tiles we have freely available it can take days/weeks to make a good province map. I see it as a whole separate issue to the game licensing thing. You are right, in the sense they are kind of in the same boat, but also a mile apart. (I assume that is what you were referring to)

For me at least, taking a step back, i find that maps are one of the few ways in which servers can provide a level of uniqueness, something we seem to lack a great deal of atm. the issue is that never lasts long due to the aforementioned actions.

Derailed the threat somewhat, but just some general thoughts.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I would disagree somewhat, even using the standard tools/tiles we have freely available it can take days/weeks to make a good province map. I see it as a whole separate issue to the game licensing thing. You are right, in the sense they are kind of in the same boat, but also a mile apart. (I assume that is what you were referring to)

For me at least, taking a step back, i find that maps are one of the few ways in which servers can provide a level of uniqueness, something we seem to lack a great deal of atm. the issue is that never lasts long due to the aforementioned actions.

Derailed the threat somewhat, but just some general thoughts.

Agree again, but the point is still contradictory. You say we lack maps (we do), but if these maps were never being made public then it isn't relevant really unless we play that persons server specifically. I dunno, it's a grey area, and theft of someones hard work is never really ok, but it's just you know... I'd have more sympathy (and i know it sounds odd) if the maps were made by one person and then released, and someone used them, claimed they were their own and then charged on their server. If that makes sense.

But yeah, you're right we have derailed the thread. Sorry mecha

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Community is built upon robbing other people work but the fact mecha and ijam was on a team not long ago and friends just make's it a bit scummy on a personal level as we all know 90% on the input would of been down to ijam with Mecha just doing what was asked to help speed them along.. Just annoying for ijam now hes probably having to re-make brand new maps for his new server..

P.S took a few more look at them maps they're pretty ****ing sweet n1 ijam.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Community is built upon robbing other people work but the fact mecha and ijam was on a team not long ago and friends just make's it a bit scummy on a personal level as we all know 90% on the input would of been down to ijam with Mecha just doing what was asked to help speed them along.. Just annoying for ijam now hes probably having to re-make brand new maps for his new server..

P.S took a few more look at them maps they're pretty ****ing sweet n1 ijam.

Don't speak what you don't know.