Other questions/setup

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
ok so firstly i apologise to anyone who thinks i sound stupid as i have no experience in this but youve got to start somewhere lol, so here goes some questions that id appreciate very much if someone could answer me or point me in the right direction.

1.would it matter trying to set a server up using windows 7 home edition or windws 10 home edition? last time i tried to download SQL server (needed?) it wouldnt seem to work on windows 7 home edition.

2. can someone link something that has instructions/links i can follow to get into a basic set of files(does anyone know how long this generally takes) my friend is a programmer who will help once i get set of files together and get in game.

3.embarrasing im asking this but how would i get from me being alone offline to online live for all? dw im nowhere near this just curious to know :D thanks to anyone who can answer these somewhat stupid questions
this is more for personal use and practing on thanks alot

p.s its crystal files im looking at cheers.

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
ok so firstly i apologise to anyone who thinks i sound stupid as i have no experience in this but youve got to start somewhere lol, so here goes some questions that id appreciate very much if someone could answer me or point me in the right direction.

1.would it matter trying to set a server up using windows 7 home edition or windws 10 home edition? last time i tried to download SQL server (needed?) it wouldnt seem to work on windows 7 home edition.

2. can someone link something that has instructions/links i can follow to get into a basic set of files(does anyone know how long this generally takes) my friend is a programmer who will help once i get set of files together and get in game.

3.embarrasing im asking this but how would i get from me being alone offline to online live for all? dw im nowhere near this just curious to know :D thanks to anyone who can answer these somewhat stupid questions
this is more for personal use and practing on thanks alot

p.s its crystal files im looking at cheers.
1 works on window 7 no issues
2 the files are sticky so go look and you will find them no SQL needed, but if you want to edit things you may want the mir2master files and you will need to know visual studio and c coding
3 getting online is fairly easy you need to open ports on tcp and udp for incoming and direct connections to host pc then just change config on server and config on client and ire online

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
1 works on window 7 no issues
2 the files are sticky so go look and you will find them no SQL needed, but if you want to edit things you may want the mir2master files and you will need to know visual studio and c coding
3 getting online is fairly easy you need to open ports on tcp and udp for incoming and direct connections to host pc then just change config on server and config on client and ire online

thanks a lot for your reply..

what about windows 10 fine also or ?
question 3 is there any guides that gives step by step for that?

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
thanks a lot for your reply..

what about windows 10 fine also or ?
question 3 is there any guides that gives step by step for that?
Should work OK on windows 10, as for getting online have a look on sticky threads by far iceman and Jamie/hello its very simple and if you are not sure maybe ask at that point I could do it for ypu if you install teamviewer but im sure you could manage

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
Should work OK on windows 10, as for getting online have a look on sticky threads by far iceman and Jamie/hello its very simple and if you are not sure maybe ask at that point I could do it for ypu if you install teamviewer but im sure you could manage

ok thank you very much... currently downloading set of crystal files by Jamie/far???? hopefully I can get on from these... will I have to change Ip address to my pc for offline use or just leave the way it is sorry these are very amateur questions..

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
ok thank you very much... currently downloading set of crystal files by Jamie/far???? hopefully I can get on from these... will I have to change Ip address to my pc for offline use or just leave the way it is sorry these are very amateur questions..
Yeh change in client config to 127.0.0.1 do the same for server config and it will work offline

Upvote 0

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it's so simple to setup a server, no need for SQL, if you want others to connect, just make sure your enable port 7000 on your PC's firewall.. :)

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
ty for the help guys very helpful... i now have black screen... absolutely baffled got direct x downloaded all still the same...

ive downloaded onto windows 10 so maybe that has somit to do with it, i will try moving over onto windows 7 laptop and trying that otherwise im at a loss

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
ty for the help guys very helpful... i now have black screen... absolutely baffled got direct x downloaded all still the same...

ive downloaded onto windows 10 so maybe that has somit to do with it, i will try moving over onto windows 7 laptop and trying that otherwise im at a loss
There is a guide by far for black screen issues you will need direct x SDK

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
downloaded that still black screen after launcher... maybe something to do with 32 gb / 64 gb direct x im baffled tried what thread said and still same maybe that why i feel something to do with the windows im using

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
downloaded that still black screen after launcher... maybe something to do with 32 gb / 64 gb direct x im baffled tried what thread said and still same maybe that why i feel something to do with the windows im using
Un likely make sire you have dot net framework 3.5 and 4.5 download the standalone package you will probably need to remove visual c 2010 and direct x then install direct x SDK after you have the dot net framework

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
ok will try this thanks.. remove direct x from the mir folder or from the pc altogether ? wouldnt seem to download anything when i tried the 3.5 nothing was happening... the 4.5 downloaded then the SDK

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 PM ----------

carnt find visual c 2010 on pc

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
ok will try this thanks.. remove direct x from the mir folder or from the pc altogether ? wouldnt seem to download anything when i tried the 3.5 nothing was happening... the 4.5 downloaded then the SDK

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 PM ----------

carnt find visual c 2010 on pc
Remove from pc not mir..... You need to reboot pc after install or removal of any program 1 at a time....

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
Remove from pc not mir..... You need to reboot pc after install or removal of any program 1 at a time....

If you dont have visual c then you dont have direct x SDK..... Uninstall direct x then reboot pc then right click direct x SDK and run as admin install then reboot then install framework 3.5 reboot then install 4

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
don't think sdk supports windows 10.. doesn't say it does, first time ive done this using windows 10 so maybe that is the problem... il use memory stick and move to windows 7 download sdk and see if works thanks

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
don't think sdk supports windows 10.. doesn't say it does, first time ive done this using windows 10 so maybe that is the problem... il use memory stick and move to windows 7 download sdk and see if works thanks
It works fine on windows 10 as I have it and runs fine for me! Hate to say it but maybe your not so tech savvy? Maybe a server isnt for you?!? Good luck

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
well i done what i said changed from windows 10 to 7 and im now on its worked :/ however i carnt seem to get full screen? any ideas? ive changed in mir2config. Fullscreen=False to True and still the same

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
well i done what i said changed from windows 10 to 7 and im now on its worked :/ however i carnt seem to get full screen? any ideas? ive changed in mir2config. Fullscreen=False to True and still the same
Press and hold alt and press enter

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
:eek:range: :P thanks again

---------- Post Merged at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 AM ----------

How would my friends get onto "my server" please without having use to the gm commands? As you would logging into say another server? Thanks for the help on this

Upvote 0