Other questions/setup

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
ok so firstly i apologise to anyone who thinks i sound stupid as i have no experience in this but youve got to start somewhere lol, so here goes some questions that id appreciate very much if someone could answer me or point me in the right direction.

1.would it matter trying to set a server up using windows 7 home edition or windws 10 home edition? last time i tried to download SQL server (needed?) it wouldnt seem to work on windows 7 home edition.

2. can someone link something that has instructions/links i can follow to get into a basic set of files(does anyone know how long this generally takes) my friend is a programmer who will help once i get set of files together and get in game.

3.embarrasing im asking this but how would i get from me being alone offline to online live for all? dw im nowhere near this just curious to know :D thanks to anyone who can answer these somewhat stupid questions
this is more for personal use and practing on thanks alot

p.s its crystal files im looking at cheers.

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
:eek:range: thanks again

---------- Post Merged at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 AM ----------

How would my friends get onto "my server" please without having use to the gm commands? As you would logging into say another server? Thanks for the help on this
Follow fare guide....... Set server to your host machines IP E.G 192.168.0.1 you get that by using cmd and typing ipconfig and look for ipv4 then make sure you set port 7000 to direct traffic to your host machine IP address then change your client config to your public IP address and get your mates to download your client with the edited config and job done they then just make a account and play as normal but to be fair bud all of this thread post could have been found on lomcn if you were not so lazy and looked! I really hope that you dont make a public server as I carnt imagen you doing anything to keep the game fresh!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
done.... not sure if i should post here or make a new post for this but randomly getting this error now, was giving a class skills when i seemed to get disconnected and now this error thanks,.

[05/08/2017 20:13:23]: [outer workloop error]System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.StartNetwork() in C:\Users\support_2\Desktop\clients\mir2\source\Test.Environment\Server\MirEnvir\Envir.cs:line 1917
at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.WorkLoop() in C:\Users\support_2\Desktop\clients\mir2\source\Test.Environment\Server\MirEnvir\Envir.cs:line 526

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:19 PM ----------

sorry ive exited out everything and loaded back up seems to worked now

Upvote 0

LuvToHeal

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 23, 2014
done.... not sure if i should post here or make a new post for this but randomly getting this error now, was giving a class skills when i seemed to get disconnected and now this error thanks,.

[05/08/2017 20:13:23]: [outer workloop error]System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.StartNetwork() in C:\Users\support_2\Desktop\clients\mir2\source\Test.Environment\Server\MirEnvir\Envir.cs:line 1917
at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.WorkLoop() in C:\Users\support_2\Desktop\clients\mir2\source\Test.Environment\Server\MirEnvir\Envir.cs:line 526
1st error is IP error or ports not open 2nd error tells you there is a error on line 1917 of test environment located in envir folder

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The error says you had the server open twice thats all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KungFu
Upvote 0

KungFu

LOMCN Member
Jul 30, 2017
The error says you had the server open twice thats all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oh thanks for that :)

if i want to make a npc in bichon wall that can teleport to caves how would i go about this and what would i need to use to do it.. ive also in server side changed some stats to items but doesnt seem to take affect... sorry im so amateur just trying to learn bits lol

Upvote 0