MonoUE

smoochy boys on tour

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
https://mono-ue.github.io

Mono for Unreal Engine is a plugin for Unreal Engine that allows writing gameplay code with C# and F#.

Very nice for those wanting to get into UE and not ready for C++, made by a Microsoft developer that was working on Xamarin. Really temps me into making Mir with Unreal :<3

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
How would mir be different runnning on UE game engine? Like it could be 3D or what?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
3D models, latest tech in an engine built for game development. Easy access to tools such as Substance painter/designer. You could even use the current C# server and redo the client in UE but it's such a big job doing modelling, textures etc. Plus you need a half decent machine to develop in UE and I'm limited to two Macbooks right now xD

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
... Plus you need a half decent machine to develop in UE and I'm limited to two Macbooks right now xD

Just be glad they they at least work for you, those Macbooks I mean. They have bad soldering on cpus and a fix is expensive (refloating) or means replacing mobo, more expensive still. I was given one to diagnose and in the end was told to keep it, maximum I can listen to audiobooks on it since it collapses under just about any activity.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Just be glad they they at least work for you, those Macbooks I mean. They have bad soldering on cpus and a fix is expensive (refloating) or means replacing mobo, more expensive still. I was given one to diagnose and in the end was told to keep it, maximum I can listen to audiobooks on it since it collapses under just about any activity.

mine just got roasted 2months ago

under load you can fully cook some eggs on it lol

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
lol not had any issues got a 2012 Macbook Pro top spec which still runs most things I need perfectly and a new Air which isn't bad but not top spec. I think I'll be picking up one of these next month so I might look further into the UE thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alienware-...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1502283657&sr=1-1

The problem on macbook it that they have small space and things get heaty so fast

I had like 80degrees on custom a macbook pro 2015(wich is small than the 2012 version)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
lol not had any issues got a 2012 Macbook Pro top spec which still runs most things I need perfectly and a new Air which isn't bad but not top spec. I think I'll be picking up one of these next month so I might look further into the UE thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alienware-...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1502283657&sr=1-1

I've got the Alienware 17 had it since Jan 2014, still going strong, Alienware is one of those brands you either like it or not, a lot of people hate on them because of the price but your not just paying for the looks & spec you are paying for the customer service (next day in house repair) when I have had to cal them out, they asked no questions basically came out and repaired, GL with your purchase