SabreMir [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
SabreLogo-1.png

The popular 2.3 server is back!

Feeling the community cry for a high-rate content-packed server, SabreMir is once again active!

With all account and character information erased, you too can now experience SabreMir from the beginning and those who played before can re-live the glory all over again!

The Full Client Download is Available HERE

To new players, we sincerely hope you enjoy playing SabreMir!
To returning players, Welcome back!

Server Information

Custom Exp Table ( level 1 – 40 within 2 days )

Lots of new Items, Armours and Weapons!

Currently there are items and equipment up-to level 250 with on average new main equipment being available every 5-8 levels from 45 onward. There are also a lot of unique sub items to collect which may require a specific class or a minimum statistic to equip.

All Unique Rings (Paralysis, Protection, Clear and Revival) can be upgraded to an improved version.

Wings are available for lots of different levels and along with class specific ones.

Stones and Shields available to equip, some only attainable via quests.

New “SuperOrbs” have been added, which add increased stats compared to the standard Orbs.

Along with all the standard "European Mir" dungeons, There is also a bounty of new hunting dungeons available Including;

• [*=left]Wetlands

[*=left]Ghost ship

[*=left]Jinchon Temple

[*=left]Ice temple
    [*=left]Bone Yard

[*=left]Frozen Temple

[*=left]WoomaTaurus King’s Throne Room

[*=left]EvilSnake’s Maze and King’s Room

[*=left]Evil BDD.

[*=left]Fox Woods Maze

[*=left]EvilFoxSpirit’s King Room

[*=left]Unique Warrior & Taoist Dungeons

[*=left]Ancient Wooma Temple

[*=left]Ancient Zuma Temple

[*=left]Mutant Cave

[*=left]Mutant Slave Cave

[*=left]Catacombs
    [*=left]And Many Many More!
jc.png

New Province of “Lemuria” added with several towns and 6 new dungeons in all! Who will be first to discover Sandtown and the secrets it holds?!

Lots of different new Boss Monsters spawn randomly during the day!
Including;

• [*=left]Frost Tiger Lord

[*=left]TurtleKing

[*=left]Lemurian Mantis

The “Battle Grounds” is available and includes unique gear and equipment only collectible from inside!

The “Cave Teleport” system allows you to re-visit previous dungeons following the completion of the dungeons relevant quest.
VIP Membership is available which allows for unlimited travel to any dungeon via a “TeleportPotion” provided.

The GamePoints system allows you to earn Points whilst doing various quests and hunting in certain dungeons which, can be spent via an NPC on EXP boosts, Statistic boosts, Temporary adjustments, Name colour changes and more. They are also used for upgrading certain items to new improved versions.

Lots of new Quests including Daily quests and Endurance quests.

Sabuk Wall Castle owners gain access to Sabuk’s cave and the quest for a unique Armour as well as improved Stones

Regular Monster Invasions have been added to include;

• [*=left]Mud Wall

[*=left]Castle Gi-Ryoong

[*=left]Bichon Wall

mwi.bmp

The Starting Level is 1 and comes with the use of free bonus pets via an NPC, until reaching level 26. You will also have access to the starter cave and 2 specially designed quests to quickly boost your level to 26!
starter-cave.png

Proceeding to Level 40 is fairly easy via dungeons, level caves and quests. After that everything begins to get slightly harder but not too much grind.

Taoists BoneFamiliar Summoning spell has been changed so that an improved Familiar is available every 7-10 levels. Watch as your BoneFamiliar grows into a necromancer’s hallowed fantasy.

For a small gold fee, Taoist’s and Warriors can benefit from a small Exp Bonus Boost by using the number nine key( 9 ) In-game.

Pets are available to rent for Wizards from an NPC in town.

There is also Pet system for Warriors and Taoists via a “Pet Token” drop, or via the new “Book of Minions” books.

There are Group-Only dungeons, so don’t forget to team up with your friends and hunt for all the fantastic bounty that’s only available to parties!
(group caves require a token to enter, these tokens can be easily found from most bosses.)

A Cubic-Butt-Ton of drops and mobs have been tweaked since the game was originally released, its a overwhelming feast of Mir content.

The Server is Currently Live

Full Client Download Available Here: LINK

Webpage: http://SabreMir.com

Forum: Http://SabreMir.com/forum

Thanks, Enjoy and see you in-game!

-Meacher

P.s. The search for a GM who can satisfy the needs of the game is currently taking place and i will update you with more information as the search continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: SabreMir

SabreMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 21, 2012
Re: SabreMir [2.3]

Meacher has my permission to be using these server files, im not really involved but am on hand to help meacher if he needs any. Hope people still enjoy my 2.3 Server SabreMir!

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida

Uhh, it just seems so old haha. With no resolution change its pretty rough...lots of places with no mobs spawned, have to go to insect cave...Good luck

SabreMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 21, 2012

[FONT=&quot]
Uhh, it just seems so old haha. With no resolution change its pretty rough...lots of places with no mobs spawned, have to go to insect cave...Good luck
[/FONT]

Server takes a little while to spawn all mobs oh the joys of 2.3 lols

Last edited:

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

it gone down?

Nope, all good server side. Users logged in.
What problem are you having?

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 AM ----------

11 Hours 40 Minutes 12 Seconds the server has been up for and we have our first level 40!

Congratulations to "Senpai" !

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Any way to change the resolution?

To my knowledge there is not i'm afraid.

However, Sabre has located some old DiamondM2 source code that I will be attempting to modify in hopes of achieving a higher resolution in the near future.

Last edited:

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

seemed hard t o make an account o.0

Ahhh again, the good old days.

This is a problem relating to windows, primarily i believe its windows 8, 8.1 and 10 that experience that issue.

You will also notice that when typing in chat message you see no chat until you press enter and the chat is sent. again this is part of the same problem. If possible i recommend moving to a windows 7 PC.

Sorry that presently i cant resolve this and it was a long running issue with this version of Mir.

chelsea123

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2015

Server says: "[FONT=&quot]Release Status : Under Development" [/FONT]on website does that mean there will be a wipe?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Server says: "Release Status : Under Development" on website does that mean there will be a wipe?

My appologies, that is for my other server "LOM:JAM" which is presently under development.

Sabre mir is presently only the single page on the site. The rest is for LOM:JAM. I will remove the widget that says "under development from the SabreMir page ASAP to prevent further confusion.

To be clear, SabreMir is officially live and active with no wipe or other character alterations planned for the near future.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Lol you can see the damage Crystal and Marble have done just by reading the questions haha.

why not just re-create the Database in Crystal? It wouldn't be all that difficult to do, it's not as if 2.3 offered any special functionality that isn't present in the Crystal files.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Lol you can see the damage Crystal and Marble have done just by reading the questions haha.

why not just re-create the Database in Crystal? It wouldn't be all that difficult to do, it's not as if 2.3 offered any special functionality that isn't present in the Crystal files.

Honestly, it had crossed both our minds.

At this point i think we want to see if the player base is there to warrant it being developed.

I think if there is support for a re-release using CrystalM2 then i would have no problem putting in the hours convert from DiamondM2 to CrystalM2.

O115

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 3, 2016

Loved this server back in the day! too bad it's 2.3, it doesn't even tempt me these days as they just feel extremely dated now. I hope you decide to convert to crystal, i'd be playing for sure.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Loved this server back in the day! too bad it's 2.3, it doesn't even tempt me these days as they just feel extremely dated now. I hope you decide to convert to crystal, i'd be playing for sure.
Ditch 2.3 and go Crystal.

Its not old, its "Retro" ^^

I will have a look at the logistics of converting it tonight and see how we go, I'll try post an update regarding the conversion tomorrow morning.

*This was my 100th post on LOMCN, i'm so proud :smug:... only took me 13 years*

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Honestly, it had crossed both our minds.

At this point i think we want to see if the player base is there to warrant it being developed.

I think if there is support for a re-release using CrystalM2 then i would have no problem putting in the hours convert from DiamondM2 to CrystalM2.

Right, but you are unlikely to get the player base with old files lol.

That much has been seen by Arcons, the files were 1 of the top things people complained about. No one wants to play the lesser files if given the choice.

You'd be better off converting, then it comes with the added bonuses of changing mechanics if need be...best of both worlds, might make a decent server.

I personally just cba to download old server files lol.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Right, but you are unlikely to get the player base with old files lol.

That much has been seen by Arcons, the files were 1 of the top things people complained about. No one wants to play the lesser files if given the choice.

You'd be better off converting, then it comes with the added bonuses of changing mechanics if need be...best of both worlds, might make a decent server.

I personally just cba to download old server files lol.

I hear ya.
Im looking at the conversion at the moment. Im quite hopeful it can be done but looks like a lot of work. Gonna keep testing for now before i start saying that its possible. should know more in a few hours. I'll keep you posted.