SabreMir [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

SkyPie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2011
USA
Re: SabreMir [2.3]

Honestly, it had crossed both our minds.

At this point i think we want to see if the player base is there to warrant it being developed.

I think if there is support for a re-release using CrystalM2 then i would have no problem putting in the hours convert from DiamondM2 to CrystalM2.

I'm sure if you could alter 2.3 to be crystal resolution and stackable items(pots, rt's, and such) that the active consistent players would be in your favor.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I'm sure if you could alter 2.3 to be crystal resolution and stackable items(pots, rt's, and such) that the active consistent players would be in your favor.

Guess it depends what's more work? Moving current npcs mobs, skills stats etc over to crystal, or editing current files?? I think for longevity just go to crystal, dabble in some c# and your be set to create it your way.

P.s I did mirror the client the other day link

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Guess it depends what's more work? Moving current npcs mobs, skills stats etc over to crystal, or editing current files?? I think for longevity just go to crystal, dabble in some c# and your be set to create it your way.

P.s I did mirror the client the other day link

I'm going to try directly converting most of it first however, I am prepared should i need to start fresh and add everything in manually (hopefully it wont come to that as the time-frame would increase drastically). Hopefully know more tonight after a few tests :)

xAxNxAx

BadToTheBone
Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2010
Next To You

oh some good old memories, i will be in game in 2 days when im finish with my work.. CANT WAIT

GeeK is coming :D

SkyPie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2011
USA

I'm going to try directly converting most of it first however, I am prepared should i need to start fresh and add everything in manually (hopefully it wont come to that as the time-frame would increase drastically). Hopefully know more tonight after a few tests :)

This makes me happy that you're listening to everyone's posts/ideas <3 Can't wait to see the changes and give it a shot playing :D

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Ok, after some good input from community and the last 24 hours spent looking at the main differences between the two sets of files.

As of today, I am going to start converting SabreMir from DiamondM2 to CrystalM2.

I'm not gonna lie, this could take a little while but i'm hopeful i can get it done :)

In the mean time, enjoy SabreMir 2.3, it will give you a good a idea of what to expect from the crystalM2 remake :)

(for the record, regardless of conversion or otherwise, SabreMir 2.3 is live and will remain active until either all users have moved on or moved to our crystal remake when it happens)

xAxNxAx

BadToTheBone
Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2010
Next To You

Ok, after some good input from community and the last 24 hours spent looking at the main differences between the two sets of files.

As of today, I am going to start converting SabreMir from DiamondM2 to CrystalM2.

I'm not gonna lie, this could take a little while but i'm hopeful i can get it done :)

In the mean time, enjoy SabreMir 2.3, it will give you a good a idea of what to expect from the crystalM2 remake :)

(for the record, regardless of conversion or otherwise, SabreMir 2.3 is live and will remain active until either all users have moved on or moved to our crystal remake when it happens)

Just one question , when will be moved will be a wipe or somt?

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010

would be nice to have an summer event or people will just stagnate, because all the caves are actually hard the HP scales of mobs is stupidly OP, like skeles / zuma's / zombies all have the same HP but take years to kill coz they have like 1000Hp and we stuck with less then 100 dc -30% for other classes

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Just one question , when will be moved will be a wipe or somt?
SabreMir 2.3 will remain un-changed and will continue to run until the players have had their fill and either moved to another server, or to our Crystal remake. At no point will 2.3 be wiped, but the crystal server will be, once ready for release. :)

would be nice to have an summer event or people will just stagnate, because all the caves are actually hard the HP scales of mobs is stupidly OP, like skeles / zuma's / zombies all have the same HP but take years to kill coz they have like 1000Hp and we stuck with less then 100 dc -30% for other classes
Funny you should mention that, I am currently working on an event both to encourage some new players and to assist with current players progress. Should hopefully have something ready for the weekend.

Also, i must laugh a bit, i remember this problem well, it originated from the original database being restricted to a max integer of 65535 (or something around that number) which ment the exp capped out at 65k along with HP. Most of this was balanced through drops, in that although the exp doesnt increase much, the mobs defense etc does, but with this, better drops.

Now this was actually resolved at somepoint but the database was never re-worked and updated. so this could could be altered however would effect the game massively and as its something thats already set in its way. I feel this is something i will most probably solve during the crystalM2 remake :) Hope this helps.

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010

SabreMir 2.3 will remain un-changed and will continue to run until the players have had their fill and either moved to another server, or to our Crystal remake. At no point will 2.3 be wiped, but the crystal server will be, once ready for release. :)

Funny you should mention that, I am currently working on an event both to encourage some new players and to assist with current players progress. Should hopefully have something ready for the weekend.

Also, i must laugh a bit, i remember this problem well, it originated from the original database being restricted to a max integer of 65535 (or something around that number) which ment the exp capped out at 65k along with HP. Most of this was balanced through drops, in that although the exp doesnt increase much, the mobs defense etc does, but with this, better drops.

Now this was actually resolved at somepoint but the database was never re-worked and updated. so this could could be altered however would effect the game massively and as its something thats already set in its way. I feel this is something i will most probably solve during the crystalM2 remake :) Hope this helps.

nice one, the only thing i would re-work after the event, is the difficulty of Oma Cave its harder then Bug - Zombie - Wooma - prehaps on the same level as ZT

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Reboot Completed.
Server is back up.

New Players Event is now live!
All new characters will receive a "NewPlayerPackage"
This package contains;
-2 Starter Rings
-2 Starter Bracelets
-1 Starter Necklace
-1 Book of Experience (2x Exp 1hr)
-2 Books of Minions (Summon Pet)

Already Active players can look forward to the "Lions" which will now spawn in all provinces at set times and have a chance to drop some serious goodies! From GamePoint scrolls and GoldBars to Gems and SurpriseBoxs!

This event will run until Monday 21st August. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010

Reboot Completed.
Already Active players can look forward to the "Lions" which will now spawn in all provinces at set times and have a chance to drop some serious goodies! From GamePoint scrolls and GoldBars to Gems and SurpriseBoxs!

This event will run until Monday 21st August. Enjoy! :)

tbh not enough of them spawn to make this viable 20 rt bundles to find 1 lion is a bit ridiculous then finding 1 surprise box in 30mins is a joke, thats with only 2 people actually doing the event, cant find any lions in TaoSkool or Past bichon or Serpant Valley, tonight when there more then 10+ actively looking at this event will turn some people off that actually looked forward to one of Sabre's events

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

tbh not enough of them spawn to make this viable 20 rt bundles to find 1 lion is a bit ridiculous then finding 1 surprise box in 30mins is a joke, thats with only 2 people actually doing the event, cant find any lions in TaoSkool or Past bichon or Serpant Valley, tonight when there more then 10+ actively looking at this event will turn some people off that actually looked forward to one of Sabre's events

Firstly, I get it..I'm not Sabre. Thanks for the support :'(

Secondly, I can assure you they DO spawn in TaoSchool, PastBichon and SerpentValley.

Your concerns have been heard and the spawns have been increased to help you find them.

Cheers

---------- Post Merged on 12-08-2017 at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-08-2017 at 11:12 AM ----------

Hi All,

I have updated the main advert (link below) with a Basic guide to SabreMir.

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97584-SabreMir-2-3

Hope its found useful. :)

---------- Post Merged on 13-08-2017 at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 12-08-2017 at 04:00 AM ----------

Hi All,

Thanks to donations the server's expiry date has been extended to the 24th of September.

download.jpg

Thank You to all those who have donated your own personal funds to help with the running costs of the game and we hope you continue to enjoy SabreMir!

Last edited:

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London

Going to give this a try class balance good? not played mir in a year XD

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Going to give this a try class balance good? not played mir in a year XD

Glad to hear, See you in-game, Hope you enjoy!

Honestly i'm not sure how to describe the balance of the classes on SabreMir. I would say that wizards have a harder time getting started than warriors and taoist but then later in the game this reverses. If you mean PvP, i think the original "Wizards kill warriors, Warriors kill Taoists, Taoists kill Wizards" from the old days still applies here, at least until the C# remake is finished.

Hope this helps. :)

X_beastrusp_X

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 15, 2017

Can somone please get me a different download like on mega or mediafire please because I keep getting download intruppted thankyou if u can do it

Edit: As soon as possible too please

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK