SabreMir [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
I tried downloading this yesterday, downloaded and unpacked everything, when I ran the exe all I got was a white windowed screen that just turned black and did nothing there after

I tried all the usual, run in compatibility mode, run as admin etc, I’m running on windows 7 and set up is more than enough to run the files lol

Anyone else had this problem???

/Apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Hi, Sorry to hear your having problems. More so, until now Windows 7 hadn't shown any problems.

I personally have a similar issue on windows 10 involving "Samsung SideSync" where, if SideSync is open, I cannot access SabreMir. It would keep returning me to the desktop or showing a white window that sounds similar to the one you describe.

For me the answer was simply "close SideSync", I hope that this is something similar for you.
Do you have any background programs open that you can close?

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
any map/skin update? I can't see the floor in the relic boss rooms. and some of the weapons don't show

also i randomly lag out sometimes when i use @town

Last edited:

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
any map/skin update? I can't see the floor in the relic boss rooms. and some of the weapons don't show

also i randomly lag out sometimes when i use @town

The BossEvent maps can be found here: LINK
Place the .map files into the SabreMir map folder.

As for weapons, there hasn't been any images added to client since release. Are you able to give me any examples or could you post a screenshot please?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
i can't see ANY low level weapons in hand all weapons under 26

Hmm, sounds like the weapons.wil or stateitems.wil has corrupted (but that's just a guess)
Could you try re-extracting your client if you havent already? maybe re-download?

Also, you might try Martyn's Mirror download here : LINK
(dont forget re-add the BossEvent maps afterwards)

Thanks

Last edited:

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Hmm, sounds like the weapons.wil or stateitems.wil has corrupted (but that's just a guess)
Could you try re-extracting your client if you havent already? maybe re-download?

Also, you might try Martyn's Mirror download here : LINK
(dont forget re-add the BossEvent maps afterwards)

Thanks
I'll try now

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
is the user count bugged?

it has 17 online all hours of the day every day?

Pretty much, yes =/ actually 20 on at the moment.

How very odd. I haven't had any other reports of @town causing disconnection but that's hardly cause to not investigate. Whats your in-game name and ill check logs see if can see anything server side?

also, Did a re-download fix the weapons?

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Pretty much, yes =/ actually 20 on at the moment.

How very odd. I haven't had any other reports of @town causing disconnection but that's hardly cause to not investigate. Whats your in-game name and ill check logs see if can see anything server side?

also, Did a re-download fix the weapons?

re-downloaded no different. it's getting worse for lagouts. almost constant now every 10 minutes.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
re-downloaded no different. it's getting worse for lagouts. almost constant now every 10 minutes.

Very odd about weapons, i've absolutely no idea where to begin. could you post a screenshot of what your seeing for the weapons please?

As for lagouts, i'm going to reboot the server in the next couple hours, im hoping this may help.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
The weapon shows on char screen (f10) but I can’t see it in the chars hand otherwise

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:48 AM ----------

The arson thing isn’t a problem it’s the constant disconnecting. I’ve played a few games tonight and had no problems whatsoever 🙁

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Weapon* not arson 😂

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
The weapon shows on char screen (f10) but I can’t see it in the chars hand otherwise

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:48 AM ----------

The arson thing isn’t a problem it’s the constant disconnecting. I’ve played a few games tonight and had no problems whatsoever 🙁

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Weapon* not arson 😂

My thinking at the moment is, if there's been no improvement following reboot then it must be something your side.

Do you use any GameBooster or other software that normaly wouldnt cause issues but, might for such an old version of mir that you can try closing?

Do you have access to any other computers you could try running the game on?

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
My thinking at the moment is, if there's been no improvement following reboot then it must be something your side.

Do you use any GameBooster or other software that normaly wouldnt cause issues but, might for such an old version of mir that you can try closing?

Do you have access to any other computers you could try running the game on?
I'll try now and see what's what

gamebooster? the only apps running in the background are cam (pc lighting and fan control) and corsair link (aio cooler control) oh and sometimes iTunes

I've got an old laptop somewhere i'll dig out i tried on a newish laptop yesterday but the game wouldn't even open (windows 10 just came up with loads of error)

if it's any help View attachment 18911

managed about 35 minutes without lag out

Last edited:

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Hi, Sorry to hear your having problems. More so, until now Windows 7 hadn't shown any problems.

I personally have a similar issue on windows 10 involving "Samsung SideSync" where, if SideSync is open, I cannot access SabreMir. It would keep returning me to the desktop or showing a white window that sounds similar to the one you describe.

For me the answer was simply "close SideSync", I hope that this is something similar for you.
Do you have any background programs open that you can close?

No mate, all I use my pc for is Mir pretty much, I have no problem what so ever running any other server though so it’s got me pretty stumped ...

I’ll have another go in a min and let you know how I get on, might have just over looked something

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
3b7a3cf533d882bd1d2332196d14f60e.jpg

This is what I get lol

therick

LOMCN Leecher
Oct 11, 2017
---------- Post Merged at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:40 PM ----------

3b7a3cf533d882bd1d2332196d14f60e.jpg

This is what I get lol

i have had this issue with windows 7, usually when the screen has gone off after afk for a while. All i did to resolve it was Alt+Tab in and out the game again and it comes back. Hope this helps.

Last edited: