SabreMir [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

X_beastrusp_X

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 15, 2017
Re: SabreMir [2.3]

Edit: dw got the download going now from you thanks Shold be ingame within an hour You playing it Martyn?

X_beastrusp_X

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 15, 2017

I'm excited to give it ago

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:36 PM ----------

hoping in, in about 5mins anyone on ?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you that, again, thanks entirely to donations, the server is now secure and paid for until 24th October 2017.

Another big Thank You to all those who have donated your personal funds to help support SabreMir, we genuinely appreciate it!

We hope you continue to enjoy SabreMir :)
See you all in-game!

---------- Post Merged on 18-08-2017 at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 17-08-2017 at 12:11 PM ----------

Hi All,

This is the last weekend of the NewPlayerPackage and Lions event!

Don't miss your chance for a slightly boosted starting experience and some nice goodies from the Lions :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend, See you in-game!

---------- Post Merged at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:27 PM ----------

So happy that for one brief moment, we were in the Top 5 on the server status list ^_^
Top5yay.png

---------- Post Merged on 20-08-2017 at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 18-08-2017 at 09:50 PM ----------

Hi all,

Dont forget to visit the Daily Quest NPC for your "SundayRoast" exp boost :)

Hope everyone has a good day!

---------- Post Merged at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Hi all,

As some may be aware, I'm moving house at the moment. I got a lot done yesterday however, today and tomorrow i will be unavailable whilst the internet connection is moved and I finish moving all my physical stuff.

During this time, The Guild leaders of Infinity and ReecosRuffNecks both have a way to get in touch with me incase of emergency. Also, Sabre has agreed to keep watch as a Temporary GM whilst i'm moving.

I don't foresee anything going wrong and with Sabre on hand to help, i'm sure everything will be fine :)

See you all on Tuesday! Have Fun!

Dragonsluck

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 9, 2017

I had a problem downloading the client via webpage so I am trying out Microsoft's Download Manager to see if that will fix the problem. :(

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

I had a problem downloading the client via webpage so I am trying out Microsoft's Download Manager to see if that will fix the problem. :(

Sorry to hear your having problems, there is a mirror LINK HERE (thanks Martyn!)
Hopefully you'll have more success with that. Let me know :)

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Microsoft's Download Manager fixed the link :angel:

Glad to hear :)

is server down ?
black screen ....

Server is up, sorry to hear your having problems.
Is a black screen the only thing you get? Do you get the connection closed message ?
Have you tried another PC? (i know there are lots of problems when running on windows 8 or 10)

cheers

---------- Post Merged on 24-08-2017 at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 23-08-2017 at 10:02 AM ----------

Hi all,

Server is now back up, sorry to all who were on and playing at the time of reboot.

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House

Hello, Im quite new to the server as i've only been back into mir for about a week, and so i don't know much about the back story of this server prior to a week ago. I'm just wondering....the lion event, is that sort of thing on often or was that for a specific event or something?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

Hello, Im quite new to the server as i've only been back into mir for about a week, and so i don't know much about the back story of this server prior to a week ago. I'm just wondering....the lion event, is that sort of thing on often or was that for a specific event or something?

Hi There,

Firstly, Welcome :) Hope your enjoying the server ^_^

The Lions were part of the servers first event, with the server only being 16 days old, I do hope that something of a similar nature, or at least an event per month will take place to keep things interesting while I'm working on the C# Conversion.

Although the lions should now have been removed, I have decided to leave the new player package in until the server is 30 days old to help out new starters.

Hope this helps :)

To All,

On a similar note,
Is there any particular style or type of event that people want to see next?
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions ?

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House

to be honest i think the lion event was spot on, (apologies i thought the server was much older than that because of the event npcs in bw store) i guess there from before wipe?.

perhaps an idea for an event could be a new land opens that has mobs in it with average exp and stats, but drop something , you must collect that something, and then use that to pay for a boss summon scroll, that spawns a boss infront of you. with different bosses having different prices, but having some of the higher bosses in there, so like starting off with evil snakes and going up to maybe evil snake queen etc, the hardcore ones xD

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man

to be honest i think the lion event was spot on, (apologies i thought the server was much older than that because of the event npcs in bw store) i guess there from before wipe?.

perhaps an idea for an event could be a new land opens that has mobs in it with average exp and stats, but drop something , you must collect that something, and then use that to pay for a boss summon scroll, that spawns a boss infront of you. with different bosses having different prices, but having some of the higher bosses in there, so like starting off with evil snakes and going up to maybe evil snake queen etc, the hardcore ones xD

Ah yes, the NPC's in BW store are for the more annual events (Easter, Halloween, Xmas etc) part of me thought about removing them on re-release however the events will come around at some point and would only have to add them back in :P

I really like your idea there, i think that is definitely something that could be arranged, and most people enjoy hunting bosses so think it would go down really well too. Thank you, I may have to steal this for the near future :)

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House

Ah yes, the NPC's in BW store are for the more annual events (Easter, Halloween, Xmas etc) part of me thought about removing them on re-release however the events will come around at some point and would only have to add them back in :P

I really like your idea there, i think that is definitely something that could be arranged, and most people enjoy hunting bosses so think it would go down really well too. Thank you, I may have to steal this for the near future :)

Anytime ;) if you need any more ideas im ingame on tetrokid or appletango or message me on here :) glad to help

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Hi All,

As of midnight tonight (UK time), the Boss Event (as proposed by K_Jonzy) will be active.

You will require THIS map pack to see the BossMaps, simply download and extract the contents of the map folder, into the map folder within your SabreMir install.

Any problems, I will be in-game most of the night.

Hope to see you all in-game and that you enjoy the Event!

Cheers
/Meacher

MAP DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://lom.gigidygo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Sabre_BossEvent_maps.zip

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can i use ACPI xp on here? Wanna play as got some old memory on Sabre but i just can't play 2.3 - Heroes without ACPI everything feel so chuggy and zoomed in i could deal with it if the res wasn't ****ing 800x600 or w.e it's set to.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Can i use ACPI xp on here? Wanna play as got some old memory on Sabre but i just can't play 2.3 - Heroes without ACPI everything feel so chuggy and zoomed in i could deal with it if the res wasn't ****ing 800x600 or w.e it's set to.

Its hard to say, near as i can tell it gives an unfair advantage and triggers the speedhack warning. I cant say for sure if this is the case but i have had one report of ACPI causing a speedhack ban. The ban was eventually revoked with the player agreeing to use windows 7 / 10 but with this, i would say it may not be recommended =/ sorry.

---------- Post Merged at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Server is now Up and the Boss Event is active!

See you in-game :)

/Meacher

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading

Nope, all good server side. Users logged in.
What problem are you having?

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 AM ----------

11 Hours 40 Minutes 12 Seconds the server has been up for and we have our first level 40!

Congratulations to "Senpai" !

Nerds 😂

Last edited: