Mir 3 DarkSide
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NLS Server Testing

Hey i have thought about hosting a homemade Crystal Mir 2 Server

if any one can find some time to jump on to the server for a quick test to see if the server can handle it or not to see if its ok to host a server if all good then i will be on the look out for a small team to help out

here is the ip:

thanks
    Last edited by $tealth; 10-08-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Re: NLS Server Testing

I'm not trying to be mean.. but I don't think your server is ready yet bud..

You downloaded the crystal files yesterday.. What did you even do in 1 day ??

Some spend months, even years working on them files .. But you only worked a day .. lol

Again, I'm not trying to act mean or anything like that.. It's just an advice
    Last edited by DeathAngel; 10-08-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Heroes Rise - [ Crystal M2 ]

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAngel View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean.. but I don't think your server is ready yet bud..

You downloaded the crystal files yesterday.. What did you even do in 1 day ??

Some spend months, even years working on them files .. But you only worked a day .. lol

Again, I'm not trying to act mean or anything like that.. It's just an advice
    Do you even read bro?

He's simply asking people to log on to test if his PC is capable of hosting.

End of day if it gets big you'll be hosting on a dedi, bit of a pointless exercise unless its for personal / smallgroup of friends. Play on files see what you can do then get help where necessary, but most servers without coders are solo shows now, so play yourself and see what you need help on. You could get some help without adding people to team.
    Catch me if you can!

I will destroy you

My bad then, Apologize $tealth

no problem just wanted to see how my computer handles a server before i start work on the files. the server aint a public release yet has nothing aint been done. so it will be taken down soon and if theres no intrest what so ever then theres no point in even starting one, then ill just work on them solo in my own time

you can run a mir server with (15-20 user count) on a wooden pc

looks like no one is intrested in trying it so i will be taking the server down soon thanks

You've done it on a week day, in the morning. You're going to struggle to get people to log on and test at one of the quietest times of the day.

Try in the evening tonight or tomorrow.

Plus remember, you've added nothing, so whats peoples incentive to log on?
    Rebslack

yeah true. but from the look of things with the amount of servers out there now i dont think there will be any intrest in doing one at the moment so i think i will just work on them in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by $tealth View Post
    yeah true. but from the look of things with the amount of servers out there now i dont think there will be any intrest in doing one at the moment so i think i will just work on them in my spare time
    Why do you want to make a server? I'm slightly confused now, you're backtracking on it because no. of servers currently out? Well if you wanted you could wipe half of them out with a new server if its done right....

Also why should the current server market change your mind unless you're thinking of this as a cashcow and the few donations from 3 people vs 200 isn't enough?

As I said earlier you'll be on a Dedi most likely so this exercise now is silly, and should be done when you have actual content and a server for people to want to test as mentioned earlier by other people.

Maybe you need to sit down, plan what you want and then start work on it, in a month you could have a server with maps, spawns and content equal to some of the current servers, if you get it right first time round. Once its running getting somebody decent to aid you will be easier, as they'll be willing to give up their time on something that has a shape.

Currently you're at;

What we need

Yes, get a mammoth in space and I will test.
    Catch me if you can!

I will destroy you

i wasnt thinking of getting any donations for the server just wanted to make a good server that people will enjoy but like you said i dont have anything to show or attract people to come and play so im gonna work on them in my own time or get a tiny group to take a part init then release a server closer to that day

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

You need to generate interest in your server if you want testing, you cant just expect people to log on and test the bare basic crystal files , a server advert for a start would be a good thing, what exp rate, custom features, whats your favourite flavour crisps, any new boss AI's, any new maps, any new quests , whats your favourite position , give us a few of those things and perhaps you will have interested testers.

Hard to say if anyone is interested, you haven't told us anything about the server and the server you put up is bare bones. Haha. Maybe put in a little information about what you would like to put into the server?

Likes to Retract Paypal Transactions Adv's Avatar

Awesome thread.

What's NLS stand for???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by Adv
    So 2 years into your server you were unaware L7 gave 100% output? ****ing hell. What exactly did you think people were moaning for all this time? Unreal.

I genuinely thought the moans were about being able to get luck 7 so easily not that once you got it you had 100% damage...it was only when Tai said about luck 9 that it clicked.

Sam

My laptop has 4gigs of ram, and a 2.3ghz processor... it has photoshop, visual studio 2017, and opera(my internet browser) open... the server has about 100k mobs on it and it sits around 100 cycle delays, I can even play on the server at the same time with little to no lag. its perfect for development... it can run on essentially any sh*tty computer.

Once you go live id recommend a dedi server though because running a server at home can take over your life. back when I ran my heroes server from home I couldnt use my computer for anything else other than to run and develop the server, any personal use would make the server lag.

TLDR: any computer can run a c# server... recommended to use a Dedi once you go live
    I may have a server in development, I may not have a server in development. You'll have to wait and find out.

Sending me a PM will not get you a faster response than making a thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast