NLS Server Testing

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
Hey i have thought about hosting a homemade Crystal Mir 2 Server

if any one can find some time to jump on to the server for a quick test to see if the server can handle it or not to see if its ok to host a server if all good then i will be on the look out for a small team to help out

here is the ip:

thanks

Last edited:

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
I'm not trying to be mean.. but I don't think your server is ready yet bud..

You downloaded the crystal files yesterday.. What did you even do in 1 day ??

Some spend months, even years working on them files .. But you only worked a day .. lol

Again, I'm not trying to act mean or anything like that.. It's just an advice

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm not trying to be mean.. but I don't think your server is ready yet bud..

You downloaded the crystal files yesterday.. What did you even do in 1 day ??

Some spend months, even years working on them files .. But you only worked a day .. lol

Again, I'm not trying to act mean or anything like that.. It's just an advice

Do you even read bro?

He's simply asking people to log on to test if his PC is capable of hosting.

End of day if it gets big you'll be hosting on a dedi, bit of a pointless exercise unless its for personal / smallgroup of friends. Play on files see what you can do then get help where necessary, but most servers without coders are solo shows now, so play yourself and see what you need help on. You could get some help without adding people to team.

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
no problem just wanted to see how my computer handles a server before i start work on the files. the server aint a public release yet has nothing aint been done. so it will be taken down soon and if theres no intrest what so ever then theres no point in even starting one, then ill just work on them solo in my own time

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
looks like no one is intrested in trying it so i will be taking the server down soon thanks

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
You've done it on a week day, in the morning. You're going to struggle to get people to log on and test at one of the quietest times of the day.

Try in the evening tonight or tomorrow.

Plus remember, you've added nothing, so whats peoples incentive to log on?

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
yeah true. but from the look of things with the amount of servers out there now i dont think there will be any intrest in doing one at the moment so i think i will just work on them in my spare time

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
yeah true. but from the look of things with the amount of servers out there now i dont think there will be any intrest in doing one at the moment so i think i will just work on them in my spare time

Why do you want to make a server? I'm slightly confused now, you're backtracking on it because no. of servers currently out? Well if you wanted you could wipe half of them out with a new server if its done right....

Also why should the current server market change your mind unless you're thinking of this as a cashcow and the few donations from 3 people vs 200 isn't enough?

As I said earlier you'll be on a Dedi most likely so this exercise now is silly, and should be done when you have actual content and a server for people to want to test as mentioned earlier by other people.

Maybe you need to sit down, plan what you want and then start work on it, in a month you could have a server with maps, spawns and content equal to some of the current servers, if you get it right first time round. Once its running getting somebody decent to aid you will be easier, as they'll be willing to give up their time on something that has a shape.

Currently you're at;
1e1a918e6a573fa2c5b8c7d27b5bc35a094a06ee6021f0ad48cc58ce4d732ba3.jpg

What we need
lead_960.jpg

Yes, get a mammoth in space and I will test.

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
i wasnt thinking of getting any donations for the server just wanted to make a good server that people will enjoy but like you said i dont have anything to show or attract people to come and play so im gonna work on them in my own time or get a tiny group to take a part init then release a server closer to that day

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
You need to generate interest in your server if you want testing, you cant just expect people to log on and test the bare basic crystal files , a server advert for a start would be a good thing, what exp rate, custom features, whats your favourite flavour crisps, any new boss AI's, any new maps, any new quests , whats your favourite position , give us a few of those things and perhaps you will have interested testers.

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Hard to say if anyone is interested, you haven't told us anything about the server and the server you put up is bare bones. Haha. Maybe put in a little information about what you would like to put into the server?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Awesome thread.

What's NLS stand for???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
My laptop has 4gigs of ram, and a 2.3ghz processor... it has photoshop, visual studio 2017, and opera(my internet browser) open... the server has about 100k mobs on it and it sits around 100 cycle delays, I can even play on the server at the same time with little to no lag. its perfect for development... it can run on essentially any sh*tty computer.

Once you go live id recommend a dedi server though because running a server at home can take over your life. back when I ran my heroes server from home I couldnt use my computer for anything else other than to run and develop the server, any personal use would make the server lag.

TLDR: any computer can run a c# server... recommended to use a Dedi once you go live

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
thanks for the info valhalla im going to be working on the files before i make a public server now in my own time but i got plenty of computers in my home to not worry about touching the computer that will run the server it will just be the connection speed i have that may not be upto it has i only have a 80mb connection and 20mb upload so may not be fast for a server more thne 20 people

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Thats a decent connection, should be more than enough for a test server just to iron things out.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Even Far didn't get pple to log on his test server (that was bare files I believe) a while back in order to load test it and it was taken offline before long.

As been said, you'd need to knock together something for pple to toy with if only for an hour, an evening. At least something like Mecha did here

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?94497-Revelation-Server-Client

I gave it a spin and was amazed by the atmosphere of it and it could easily had been extended to make for several hours fun instead of maybe half hour or less.

IMO even if you run server from home, its got to be dedi anyway, that is dedicated computer and even better server computer (hardware and software running on it both server grade). But my guess is the sticking point might be your internet pipeline to it, not the server as such even if that was some ordinary PC. And my second guess is it is not a matter of high speed line up and down as it is a matter of many connections, you need some home router that can be equal to it, what most pple have at home is a joke in this regard.

Last edited: