Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Damage

PvP Damage

I know you are on holiday, sorry for making you read this now! just wanted to get it posted and out of the way.

I was not aware of this until people showed me this evening as i haven't really done any PvP since the first week. However, the damage is pretty much out of control at present. 2 hitting anyone and everyone, doesn't matter if your in defensive kit or full attack.

Granted this issue seems to appear on pretty much every server at some point, so it is not game breaking at present, however, it does need dealing with so people can actually be competitive.

I could be wrong, tho unless i remember incorrectly Crystal files allows you to implement a flat damage % modifier for PvP/PvE instances. This could be a quick fix if possible, just make PvP 50/60% reduced damage.

I can't speak for other classes, but as a warrior the PvE damage seems fine to me, takes time to kill a lure and solo bosses take 2 mins+

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

Re: PvP Damage

I don't agree from what i've seen

As a tao , if i PC someone whilst wearing full attack kit, and they are in full defense/hp kit, it takes a significant amount of time longer to kill them, than if they are in full attack kit, the difference is pretty big when you add in the extra 130 ac/amc and 1k hp from defense gear , and i definitely take more hits when im in defense gear , 100%

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Yeh, i disagree aswell, ive watched alot of eden wars and even took part in a few.

the only people who get 2-3 hit are wizards.

unless something has drasticly changed in the past day?

who was you testing this with?
    DemonFist - Warrior - Euro Phoenix
    CertainDeath/Serbitar - OS/FourHeros/ThreeHeros

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Must admit, it's nice to see a dirty troll pull his finger out and produce something quite special.

Good luck and well done

Likes to Retract Paypal Transactions Adv's Avatar

Taos in full attack gear can kill each other with 1 hit of PC. They are very squishy but ofc that's the trade off for high damage.

However a Tao in full defends gear with shield can tank a significant amount with heal on top, but again, the trade off is they do little damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by Adv
    So 2 years into your server you were unaware L7 gave 100% output? ****ing hell. What exactly did you think people were moaning for all this time? Unreal.

I genuinely thought the moans were about being able to get luck 7 so easily not that once you got it you had 100% damage...it was only when Tai said about luck 9 that it clicked.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by NightScare View Post
    Yeh, i disagree aswell, ive watched alot of eden wars and even took part in a few.

the only people who get 2-3 hit are wizards.

unless something has drasticly changed in the past day?

who was you testing this with?
    ok its fine dont worry

We were all in the palace, Myself, Tao, Tyraes, Rude, Shield and whoever else, so all classes present, and we were basically just 2 hitting each other. Doesn't matter who else disagrees, it is happening as we spent an hour doing it.

I have 2.5k HP in a mix of base/def kit and Tyr can do 90% of my hp in 1 blizzard or whatever he was using.
    FS+SlashingBurst pretty much kills anyone, and i dont even have that good kit setup.

It was very late, so i wasn't in crazy math mode, however, i would not be surprised if its crit dmg scaling that's the issue. of course you wont see this with the majority of players yet. e.g Tyr can get 100% crit with very high crit dmg
    Last edited by Chalace; 12-08-2017 at 11:19 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Chalace View Post
    We were all in the palace, Myself, Tao, Tyraes, Rude, Shield and whoever else, so all classes present, and we were basically just 2 hitting each other. Doesn't matter who else disagrees, it is happening as we spent an hour doing it.

I have 2.5k HP in a mix of base/def kit and Tyr can do 90% of my hp in 1 blizzard or whatever he was using.
    FS+SlashingBurst pretty much kills anyone, and i dont even have that good kit setup.

It was very late, so i wasn't in crazy math mode, however, i would not be surprised if its crit dmg scaling that's the issue. of course you wont see this with the majority of players yet. e.g Tyr can get 100% crit with very high crit dmg

I asked ty about this morning, he said you was all in full attack gear.

It may be a hp issue, the way the server is done i just roughly guessed the hp amount, i was bound to get this wrong.

its strange as ive watched the last few wars and not seen a problem.
    Last edited by NightScare; 12-08-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Must admit, it's nice to see a dirty troll pull his finger out and produce something quite special.

Good luck and well done

I was never at any point out of my current gear, which is mainly base + def Armour and smash set. You dot get much more defense than what i have on atm.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Chalace View Post
    I was never at any point out of my current gear, which is mainly base + def Armour and smash set. You dot get much more defense than what i have on atm.

Best get my nerf and buff hammer out then.

will have a look on monday night when im back.

Good luck and well done

" Blizzard took 90% of my health " I should expect the highest wizard ( was when i last played ) to hit 90% of your health with a direct blizz hit, it's pretty hard to hit somebody with blizzard with every tick unless they're bad. Maybe should test with more realistic skills

Quote Originally Posted by Piff1 View Post
    " Blizzard took 90% of my health " I should expect the highest wizard ( was when i last played ) to hit 90% of your health with a direct blizz hit, it's pretty hard to hit somebody with blizzard with every tick unless they're bad. Maybe should test with more realistic skills
    Talk about cherry picking quotes. You completely skipped over the multiple points i made about myself, a warrior, not in attack gear, 2 hitting everyone. Grow up. I guess your a Wizz.

If you lack the ability to do simple math then you have no place here. Even 2 ticks does too much damage considering other influences present.

Just a reminder that blizzard and metstrike by default are incorrectly coded on C#, it acts like a firewall.

I.E The more you walk in it, the more damage it does. This can sometimes lead to the spells doing well beyond 3x the intended damage. This might be the issue at hand, unsure if NS has changed them.

Personal opinion a warrior should be 2 or 3 hitting at minimum people to death anyway - as they're melee and need to get close up to even do any damage. But take my opinion with a grain of salt I don't play the server.

You may want to provide some video evidence next time. People simply will not take your word for it and/or there can be many other external factors at play i.e Red poison? Yellow poison? hit by something you didn't notice? etc etc.
    Last edited by koriban; 12-08-2017 at 05:15 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by koriban View Post
    Just a reminder that blizzard and metstrike by default are incorrectly coded on C#, it acts like a firewall.

I.E The more you walk in it, the more damage it does. This can sometimes lead to the spells doing well beyond 3x the intended damage. This might be the issue at hand, unsure if NS has changed them.

Personal opinion a warrior should be 2 or 3 hitting at minimum people to death anyway - as they're the only melee class and need to get close up to even do any damage.

I did not know about blizzard/ms tho it explains alot, will pass this onto the coder to look at.

also agree with the warrior comment.

Good luck and well done

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

50% HP increase for all classes.

My job application is in the post.

The point of my post was not to provide irrefutable evidence and expect everyone to take my word as gospel. Merely to point out my opinion for NightScare to evaluate and test if he so wishes.

So far the scaling seems to be snowballing at a significant rate, PvP at low 30's seems fine, as you say. I'm not an expert at it, in fact i barely ever PvP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast