Astral - Open beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
It seems its time to host a small open beta to iron out some issues that may occur, myself and a few friends have had a play around within the server, resulting in some small overlooked issues that have already been fixed.

This post will not be a flashy advertisement or anything of the sort, just the basics of what this test hopes to achieve and where we hope to go from here.

Basically over the next few days, we hope to allow players to play through various stages of the content, getting feedback, applying changes when required and to see the overall consensus of players regarding the content and how things are laid out, ideally this beta will not run for a long time, I will be on hand for the next few days to apply fixes and tweaks as soon as they are reported and agreed upon that they need to be changed.

Thank you to anyone who takes part, hopefully over these next few days we can make enough changes to result in a clean, polished and balanced server.

Download links for anyone interested.

Client (main folder)
http://mirpoison.co.uk/AstralMir.rar

If above post did not work for you, here is a mirrior, still apply the client download to this folder!
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B0QaU9uFZN_1anh1cVJoZEtiUkU&export=download

Latest exe - this is required to connect to the server, will be updated as code changed are made.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aj1564...iy4/Client.rar

Sorry but you need to download this file and put it within your data folder, this lib was not included within the download, however this will be fixed for release. This is the lib for the warrior skills.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hWKkGUtfxBQ3pwWkhvcFc5Nmc/view?usp=sharing

Copy these files into the client folder, after which you should be able to run the server fine.

IP address if required - 212.48.88.146

Again, thank you to anyone who takes part, we are hoping to release a live version this weekend.

Here is our original post for the upcoming server, if you are looking at this thread without seeing our original post.

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97542-Astral-Mir-Crystal-files
---------- Post Merged on 17-08-2017 at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 16-08-2017 at 05:56 PM ----------

Made changes to various quests, slightly reduced exp reward and increased gold reward.
Slightly reduced AC AMC of monsters in beginner area.
Increased the drop rate of potions within the dead pit, skeleton cave.
Lowered HP of some monsters within the starting area.
Decreased spawns in wooma temple to align with newly designed cave.
Increased HP of monsters within illusion woods.
Removed all weight from items, items made class specific.

-----------------------------update----------------------------
Made changes to various quest rewards not being worth while
added additional 85 quests for a main story line, takes you up to level 40ish content
removed weight from weapons, made class specific.
Sun potions are no longer stackable
Increased HP on ironlance and evil centipede, decreased attack damage.
Added a cave teleporter in the main 3 towns, BW, banya and LP, sabuk / desert mud wall / snow - you must still run to the caves.
Made adjustments to various spells not doing the correct damage or scaling properly with the users stats.
Adjusted exp required to level skills, all original skills easier to level.
Increased drop rate of pre 30 books across the server.

--------------------------------------
update-----------------------------------
Edited some minimaps for the custom made maps, added blue markers to indicate the doors.
Download this file, put it inside your data folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4hWKkGUtfxBREE5M2xOSndtTFU
Added desert mobs 28+ area
Added drops for desert mobs
Adjusted some stats for lower level weapons
Added drop file for Gatekeeper, Archlichtaedu, Woomataurus and hell bringer.
Increased maximum resolution to 1336
Decreased price of town teleports, also no longer stackable.
Random teleport stack size decreased from 20 to 6.
fixed some broken quest links.
Fixed some quest items, they where dropping on the floor meaning you could not finish quest, now drops straight to quest bag.
Increased the EXP for quests after Evil centipede.

Last edited:

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
China can't download the client.Chinese players need a complete client download.We can't access Google.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
China can't download the client.Chinese players need a complete client download.We can't access Google.

I will mirror another client for users who cannot access either of the above files later today.

DeathAngel

Banned
Banned
Jul 16, 2017
I would highly recomment to setup an password for that FTP site, Because If you don't .. some jerks might mess up your site and upload other stuff to it.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
more info would be nice?

All rates are 1, but everything is custom, from exp table to the exp that monsters give, people within around 8 hours of playing have reached level 25, its designed to get people to around 40 within a week, although once there it begins to be more about killing our new bosses to obtain the various different gear types, you'll have to go with a group of players to take on these bosses as more of them are not an easy task.

Will post a proper advertisement when we are going to go live, detailing everything about the server.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
from what i tested only the first 4 5 caves it seems rly balanced
all classes dmg wise is on point. Not tested pvp how people can test this before launch tho

was a shame i come back from football wanting to test the exp rates of higher caves ect and every one has been boosted to test higer content but thats beta i guess still i would defo recomend peopel here to test see some new stuff hes added and help test balance pvp can see this server defo getting some usercount and be some nice pvp/pk battles.

also when are u looking to go live just curiuous no rush keep up the good work

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
from what i tested only the first 4 5 caves it seems rly balanced
all classes dmg wise is on point. Not tested pvp how people can test this before launch tho

was a shame i come back from football wanting to test the exp rates of higher caves ect and every one has been boosted to test higer content but thats beta i guess still i would defo recomend peopel here to test see some new stuff hes added and help test balance pvp can see this server defo getting some usercount and be some nice pvp/pk battles.

also when are u looking to go live just curiuous no rush keep up the good work

Thanks for the kind words, regarding a live date - we are hoping to launch a live version of the server tomorrow at either 7 or 8 pm.
That will go ahead if some changes and balance issues are met by such a time, autopatcher will be uploaded for the server going live, still have a few spells to test in different situations, but we shall do that tomorrow before wiping

Thanks to everyone who has helped test, a lot of small issues have come to light thanks to everyone's efforts, hopefully the issues that come up during the live version of the server will be minimal because of this.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
just wondering if u can put a npc in safe zone to lvl people to lvl 60 and give them relevent kit to that lvl alos hows tao lvl 140+ lmao

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
just wondering if u can put a npc in safe zone to lvl people to lvl 60 and give them relevent kit to that lvl alos hows tao lvl 140+ lmao

Will put that in for tomorrow morning, we were testing some stuff earlier but exp tables not set 50+, so 1 mob per level, ill correct it tomorrow so cant happen in future.

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Hello friends, We where planning for a release tonight, although some problems have occurred, these are being resolved currently.
We will not be going ahead with a release tonight, however an auto patcher will be uploaded tonight as we are hoping to release saturday 19th at 6pm, I will be redoing the entire quest system as various problems popped up, also I wasn't entirely happy with how it was working currently.

Thanks to everyone who helped us test, will post another update later detailing the progression.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Will put that in for tomorrow morning, we were testing some stuff earlier but exp tables not set 50+, so 1 mob per level, ill correct it tomorrow so cant happen in future.

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Hello friends, We where planning for a release tonight, although some problems have occurred, these are being resolved currently.
We will not be going ahead with a release tonight, however an auto patcher will be uploaded tonight as we are hoping to release saturday 19th at 6pm, I will be redoing the entire quest system as various problems popped up, also I wasn't entirely happy with how it was working currently.

Thanks to everyone who helped us test, will post another update later detailing the progression.

Cant you just launch later tonight, was hoping for release today, you can work on quest system as we go? Maybe for the people that tested u can give us a head start of everyone else and disable account creating untill tomorrow ?

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
+1 to this i mean quests is not a real problem aslong as u have content and soem other pits to keep us happy thill then ahaha up to u tho was exited about todays lunch ahahah :(