Eden's Elite [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
this depends on weather or not your following the exp quest chain or the daily quests.... example you have to kill 20 deer for the exp quest, but if you want the daily exp pot/token then the quest is to kill 40 deers... same as Oma cave quests, kill 20 bone warriors, then there's the daily quest for it to kill another 40.....

Yah I logged back on this morning and see the quests I referred to were dailies. Still the point remains valid, albeit lessened.

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:20 AM ----------

That's pain with C# files generally. Would be nice to have smart autopatching that would check your files and only download what's needed. That way you could keep basic C# client and copy it, then run autopatch of this or that server out there and just get their specific files.
I have some foggy recollection that wemade euro patcher was way smarter than what we have now.

It was actually my issue. It did read the files that were there but the zip file I moved from my computers must have been corrupted, as it was 4GB worth of data, but when unzipped it was only roughly 1gb.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The exp curve seems decent enough, drops are good.
My main issue is the quests, its just a constant go kill this here, come back then go kill a different mob in the same cave, do that one more time then go kill the sub boss.

The rewards are crap but because the entire quest system seems to be chained together, you need to do them to progress to the next dungeon..
you might want to let each area be level based (potentially) as the quest chains take longer and longer as you out level each area further and further

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The issue you have with the quest setup, as with pretty much every server, is that if you are given them all together, you go once, and your done. You then have to grind more in the same area with no 'incentive', which is no different to what you say is the problem; or you move on to content you shouldn't be doing and people complain its too hard/slow etc.

People always complain the quests are dull and repetitive, without providing any further insight. Provide some meaningful suggestions on how quests could be better. At the end of the day you go to a cave and grind on the mobs, irregardless of whether you get drip-fed the quests or not.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
The issue you have with the quest setup, as with pretty much every server, is that if you are given them all together, you go once, and your done. You then have to grind more in the same area with no 'incentive', which is no different to what you say is the problem; or you move on to content you shouldn't be doing and people complain its too hard/slow etc.

People always complain the quests are dull and repetitive, without providing any further insight. Provide some meaningful suggestions on how quests could be better. At the end of the day you go to a cave and grind on the mobs, irregardless of whether you get drip-fed the quests or not.

Agreed, except for the use of the word irregardless. God does that word irraunnecssarily annoy me in completely unirrational ways.

The issue is not with quest per se, but their reward to effort. It's fine saying go kill this mob 50 times, then come back before going to do it again. It's the feeling/impression, more than the actual thing itself. Yes you are killing the mobs, but rather than just dully killing them which can be tolerated easily, you are forced (used in gaming context wise, meaning 'to be efficient') to go abck and forth, for repetitive tasks which just screams lack of imagination. The problem of the seeming monotony of repeating quests can be resolved in several ways (in order of simplicity):

a) Reducing numbers per quest. Sounds silly but having a 'completed' satisfaction feeling more often can give impression of more reward (even if it isn't)
b) Using drop quests instead of kill quests, but have multiple items drop sometimes. The 'pop' feeling that gives us a jump in completion often reduces the monotonous feeling of grind quests.
c) Have the quest system include a non-static quest hand in. "Out hunting 50 omas? Tele back to me and get another quest to kill 50 omas....sigh " Simply have a @quest NPC that allows hand in, so you can keep going when grinding etc.

I had another decent one actually but I've forgot it while I was writing them ones -_-

This server simply exacerbates the issue by having so many quests chucked at you at once. Double daily rewards and half number of quests available per day [perhaps. But really it amounts to the same thing.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
The issue you have with the quest setup, as with pretty much every server, is that if you are given them all together, you go once, and your done. You then have to grind more in the same area with no 'incentive', which is no different to what you say is the problem; or you move on to content you shouldn't be doing
dont agree with this, I'd rather all the quests for the cave given, or remote hand in, **** running about a cave to do a quest, to have to go out of the cave, hand in the quest just to go back into the cave again and again and again, that's repetitive and extremely pointless and a waste of time, what needs to be done is proper testing.. if it takes 100 mobs to fully out level that cave, add a quest for 100 mobs.. simple.. going in killing 20 of a certain mob, coming out just to go back in and kill another 20 of a different mob isn't the solution.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Also, completely unrelated, the patcher on here seems to be downloading the wrong lib version?
Results of a fresh install on a different machine.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Also, completely unrelated, the patcher on here seems to be downloading the wrong lib version?
Results of a fresh install on a different machine.

Code:
[Graphics]
FullScreen=False
AlwaysOnTop=True
FPSCap=True
Resolution=1366
DebugMode=False

[Network]
UseConfig=True
IPAddress=217.160.224.113
Port=7000

[Logs]
LogErrors=True
LogChat=True

[Sound]
Volume=0
SoundOverLap=3
Music=1

[Game]
AccountID=
Password=
SkillMode=False
SkillBar=False
Effect=True
LevelEffect=True
DropView=False
NameView=False
HPMPView=True
FontName=Tahoma
TransparentChat=False
DisplayDamage=True
TargetDead=False
DuraWindow=False
Skillbar0X=0
Skillbar0Y=0
Skillbar1X=216
Skillbar1Y=0
ServerTimeZone=GMT Standard Time

[Chat]
ShowNormalChat=True
ShowYellChat=True
ShowWhisperChat=True
ShowLoverChat=True
ShowMentorChat=True
ShowGroupChat=True
ShowGuildChat=True

[Filter]
FilterNormalChat=False
FilterWhisperChat=False
FilterShoutChat=False
FilterSystemChat=False
FilterLoverChat=False
FilterMentorChat=False
FilterGroupChat=False
FilterGuildChat=False

[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://mir2gaming.co.uk/EdenEliteMir2/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=True
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=True
ServerName=
Browser=http://www.mir2gaming.co.uk/PatcherImages/Image.png

[GameSettings]
Donation=http://edensmir.the-welsh-fox.co.uk//
WebLink=http://edensmir.the-welsh-fox.co.uk//

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Agreed, except for the use of the word irregardless. God does that word irraunnecssarily annoy me in completely unirrational ways.

The issue is not with quest per se, but their reward to effort. It's fine saying go kill this mob 50 times, then come back before going to do it again. It's the feeling/impression, more than the actual thing itself. Yes you are killing the mobs, but rather than just dully killing them which can be tolerated easily, you are forced (used in gaming context wise, meaning 'to be efficient') to go abck and forth, for repetitive tasks which just screams lack of imagination. The problem of the seeming monotony of repeating quests can be resolved in several ways (in order of simplicity):

a) Reducing numbers per quest. Sounds silly but having a 'completed' satisfaction feeling more often can give impression of more reward (even if it isn't)
b) Using drop quests instead of kill quests, but have multiple items drop sometimes. The 'pop' feeling that gives us a jump in completion often reduces the monotonous feeling of grind quests.
c) Have the quest system include a non-static quest hand in. "Out hunting 50 omas? Tele back to me and get another quest to kill 50 omas....sigh " Simply have a @quest NPC that allows hand in, so you can keep going when grinding etc.

I had another decent one actually but I've forgot it while I was writing them ones -_-

This server simply exacerbates the issue by having so many quests chucked at you at once. Double daily rewards and half number of quests available per day [perhaps. But really it amounts to the same thing.

Agreed, i do like the remote hand in idea, would make the cave progression a lot more fluid, seen this around a few times and it seemed to work OK.

For clarity sake, the point of my post was not everything is fine stop saying they are boring. It was, saying they are boring is not helpful, give constructive suggestions on how to improve them.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Update 22/08/2017

Server side
-Adjusted Taoist Acc.
-Fixed B1Mine door.
-Adjusted Anc Oma.
-Added Gem's to crafting.
-Removed cursed from random stat list.
-Wt added to elite list.
-Fixed Clear the Kids play area - InsectCave Quest.

Code side
-Fixed questbutton for complete showing on npc quests.
-Fixed crash when ctrl+c to open hero window.
-When players go though a cave, some how it leaves a clone of there char blocking door.
-Quest debug msg removed.
-ItemGrade colors for floor images fixed.
-Chat area longer for high res fixed.
-Keyblind and HelpPages updated.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Agreed, i do like the remote hand in idea, would make the cave progression a lot more fluid, seen this around a few times and it seemed to work OK.

For clarity sake, the point of my post was not everything is fine stop saying they are boring. It was, saying they are boring is not helpful, give constructive suggestions on how to improve them.

Yep, totally understood. Is why I tried to give a few examples, but I hear ya.

I haven't really given the remote hand in a thought, but I presume it can be done with whats already in place tbh

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Yep, totally understood. Is why I tried to give a few examples, but I hear ya.

I haven't really given the remote hand in a thought, but I presume it can be done with whats already in place tbh

We do have a remote quest turn in system, i will talk to the team and see what they think.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
We do have a remote quest turn in system, i will talk to the team and see what they think.

This is good to hear. Did you mean it's in game already though? As I didn't see that - is that what this odd 'random20' quest that pops up is?

Hope you got my other reports yesterday (although it was just the one by the time you told me you knew of the others).

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
@IceMan
NeedLogin=True should be false, since your using http o.0

and remote quests would solve some issues.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
remote quests would be life goals, nothing more annoying than tting from 3f omacave to find out you need more bone warriors :(

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I knew I was good for something. That'll be 0.1 gamegold please

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Yea quests on the move would be so cool specially with how many quests there is on this chain.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
And make it so quest items don't expire... it's pointless... no one is going to be using newbie quest items at a high level... it just annoys those who don't play 24/7. actually don't do it.

Server is so buggy still.. go into a cave, and can't get out lol. give up.

Give us an update when its out of beta.

Last edited: