Eden's Elite [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Felon

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 23, 2017
Hello

Downloaded, run the launcher, sorted compatibility and admin running. I get a black screen when I start the game. I see nobody here has mentioned that happening, so did I do something wrong? I'm running this on Windows 7.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Make you have these and are updated.

Please download .Net framework 3.5 (which includes 2.5 and 3.0)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=21

Please download .Net framework 4.5 (which includes 4.0)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=30653

If this still doesn't resolve your issue, please download the DirectX SDK (development kit)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...s.aspx?id=6812

---------- Post Merged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:57 PM ----------

And make it so quest items don't expire... it's pointless... no one is going to be using newbie quest items at a high level... it just annoys those who don't play 24/7. actually don't do it.

Server is so buggy still.. go into a cave, and can't get out lol. give up.

Give us an update when its out of beta.

You cant walk out of oma cuz it leads no way. Use the @home

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Seems so. He announced they were taking down to do updates later. Maybe he has decided to them now quickly lol

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Yes, we are looking into it now.

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Seems so. He announced they were taking down to do updates later. Maybe he has decided to them now quickly lol

No, it would say we closed the server :P

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
sfd.png

No matter what tests i run, in our out of game, my connection to the server never exceeds 50ms, average around 30
There is some issue with the client that must be causing this. Even the client and process itself can not agree here. I'm not an expert on how Mir is handling the connections, but it really is the only answer here.

Ping tests and trace routes all come back 30~ ms and with zero packet loss, in-game and out, despite still showing 2-3k ms in-game.

For the sake of mentioning it, router & cabling was changed (as part of my standard upkeep) this morning, amidst this issue, with no change.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
TBF it only seems to be for you, so perhaps it's something your end that is only relevant to this particular network connection. Have you tried on an alternate connection or computer at all? If it's possible for you of course.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
TBF it only seems to be for you, so perhaps it's something your end that is only relevant to this particular network connection. Have you tried on an alternate connection or computer at all? If it's possible for you of course.

Nah, my ping shows over 1k at points, yet on speedtest is around 10

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
Yes i have a smooth connection to server all the time. no problems here. Maybe best to do a clean wipe and download all files again? also download cc cleaner (free) and run the registry clean maybe you have some conflicts or maybe your internet provider is using donkey to send data packets!
good luck!
Raistlin

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Swear the Ping thing on #C files is ****ed, mine always says around 110-150 even though i know its more like 8-15 ( going off marble ) i've ran next to my mate on low ping and don't drop behind him at all, spoke to a few people in newbie guild they say they get the same even though getting 5-20 on speedtest

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
View attachment 18835

No matter what tests i run, in our out of game, my connection to the server never exceeds 50ms, average around 30
There is some issue with the client that must be causing this. Even the client and process itself can not agree here. I'm not an expert on how Mir is handling the connections, but it really is the only answer here.

Ping tests and trace routes all come back 30~ ms and with zero packet loss, in-game and out, despite still showing 2-3k ms in-game.

For the sake of mentioning it, router & cabling was changed (as part of my standard upkeep) this morning, amidst this issue, with no change.
if its only you.. delete the entire folder, and redownload it...?

actually.. disable norton and try again.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
If it was the network then the tests and process records would show this, instead of showing the normal results i posted. Everything outside of the client says that there is nothing wrong.

Generic speed tests around the UK are 10~ms 80/20 mbps, certainly nothing wrong with this.
Again, tests to the actual server show that the connection is fine.

I did already wipe and re-install, including the registry, as i do every time i re-install something.

Pretty much the worst of 20~ Tho i don't understand why its routing through Germany, when the server is in London.

Ping~
64 bytes from 217.160.224.113: icmp_seq=1 ttl=119 time=8.72 ms
64 bytes from 217.160.224.113: icmp_seq=2 ttl=119 time=7.87 ms
64 bytes from 217.160.224.113: icmp_seq=3 ttl=119 time=7.87 ms
64 bytes from 217.160.224.113: icmp_seq=4 ttl=119 time=7.82 ms

Trace routes~
1***
2core21.fsn1.hetzner.com213.239.245.237de0.298 ms0.289 ms0.280 ms
3core1.fra.hetzner.com213.239.245.177de4.910 ms4.914 ms
core1.fra.hetzner.com213.239.245.218de4.913 ms
4ecix.bb-a.fra3.fra.de.oneandone.net62.69.146.71de4.894 ms4.892 ms4.884 ms
5ae-1.bb-c.act.fra.de.oneandone.net212.227.120.90de27.026 ms27.096 ms27.164 ms
6ae-11.bb-c.bs.kae.de.oneandone.net212.227.120.18de18.581 ms17.507 ms17.490 ms
7ae-2.gw-distp-a.kw.nbz.fr.oneandone.net195.20.243.35de7.727 ms*7.778 ms
8ae-1.gw-prtr-a0110-a.kw.nbz.fr.oneandone.net195.20.243.81de7.716 ms7.666 ms*
9***
10s19334125.onlinehome-server.info217.160.224.113de7.802 ms10.218 ms10.279 ms

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I still think it is an issue with a.speed.
As with the first iteration, i told you when it first started, after using apples/storm drugs.

I just tested again, zero a.speed and it does not happen, i can hit mobs/training dummy for 5 mins no problem.
As soon as i equip the gale items it starts again within seconds.

I do like the server, which is why i am trying hard to resolve this, but there really is nothing more i can do my end.

So we narrowed it down to only happening when i equip more than +1 a.speed, any insights?

Edit: An hour hunting with +1 and it did not happen once. Add another ring and it started again.

Last edited:

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
The server is a lot of fun and I would say if you like low rate servers this can be a home for you. A lot of people are complaining that this is slow and things already need changing.... So IceMan I say this, "DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM YET"... the server is 2-3 days old... 2-3 DAYS OLD lol and I guess people didn't read the "low rate" in your description, that is NOT your fault. To the people complaining about it being too slow, "Can you at least give it a week before we even remotely complain about exp tables?". This will be your red flag Iceman of the opinions you take with a grain of salt and others who have a sound mind on their shoulders and see the vision of your server.

When I played this server I realized why I like low rates more than med/high rate servers as there is a sense of progression of my character. I actually feel like I am getting stronger in my journey using different skills and seeing the merit of getting +1 MC/AC/AMC instead of other servers where getting 1 offensive/defensive stat really doesn't hold a lot of weight. I actually feel like I am slowly becoming a Legend... in the World of Mir, within the continent of Edens Elite.

The quest system is very thought out, (Turning in quest while I am in a cave is another topic but I personally don't like it but it is a cool idea and I would be perfectly fine if it was added but seeing a deader safe zone might be bad for new players especially if they have questions about what to do but like I said this is another topic). I can understand the aspect from people not liking it as they are use to (If I had to guess) probably just RTing and killing, then more RTs, AOE grind and the occasional sub boss. The system IceMan has is more fluid and this didn't dawn on my until I was questing in WT and looking for Dungs. The spawn rate of Dungs are low but there is a reason for it... this low rate of dungs lead me to running (I had other quest in there to so hardly RTing at all) all through WT to the point where it seemed like they took into consideration the amount of sub bosses we would run into while doing these quests to help get gear so pretty much if I follow their system I will get daily tokens, exp, hero exp, loot from subs, loot from quest... What more could one ask for? Would you rather do the same ole thing most servers have which is just grind, grind and grind? The quest system has a story line which so far I am enjoying as it has a great sense of direction.

So my under 1 week review is very positive so far. Are there bugs, yes... yes there is but if you know anything about game development you will understand that there will always be bugs as its one of the reasons why indie developers are on the rise as the games made by major companies also have bugs so what is the difference? I hope The Server Team stays positive and keeps on communicating with your player base daily. The hero system does seem a bit buggy (it is functional though) and I do have issues with a global default on what skills are prioritized but this can be fixed with either constant feedback or them implementing a priority system that the player decides of what skills would be used first/second/third/forth/etc sort of like the example I like to use for this is RimWorlds work status priority system.

If anyone new joins the server you can message me (DrunkFart), SqueakyFart or SilentFart if you have any questions or need help with the server but NO I will not level you lol.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
No mate. its up fine. make sure you have the rite mir2config. In my siggy if you need.