• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I guess grown up discussions about a simple term aren't possible for you?

I could explain why you're wrong but...i'll let your ignorance be, as i really can't be bothered lol.

Please explain i'd love to know, i hear these terms in Summit / Sodapoppin / DrDisrespect streams, Sodapoppin being the only WoW streamer i've never hurd him utter the word " Stream sniped " in WoW because it doesn't happen, somebody would just Invite him to a 1v1 arena and make something for the fight.

Where as Summit, he has 40,000 player watching him at most times live, all i ever hear him say is stream sniped, because hes playing a battle royle game where hes going to be sat in 1 spot for awhile waiting for the gas to advance.

But you keep going off your google searchs dude, i'm sure they have different meaning's but what doesn't lol.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I voted to have body drops on, it is one of the best parts of Mir, risking your own items in PvP and sometimes coming out with a reward for defeating other players/guilds. Even if the drops were set to a lower rate or in certain areas I think there should be some form of way to lose items, as I see it right now you don't even body drops against monsters to lose items, again this is also another essential part of Mir because it removes items from the game and keeps the economy turning over.

With no sense of competition in the game you will be alienating a huge part of the Mir player base (albeit the Mir2 part). I think you would have a lot more people giving the server a try and a higher user count if you were willing to compromise to a middle ground.

We have tried asking for a middle ground a lot of people have even giving ideas even Jamie has also suggested stuff himself the ideas are to help situation for the server have as many players as possible and not to cater for a select number of people, but we haven't had a solid answer recently by Jamie, the responses we get are from the herd.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
1. he has never said no drops publicly at all after the branding suggestion.

2. its a play style alot of players like.

3. there is no right or wrong, its a matter of opinion.

4. like i said we want a reply from the creator not the herd.

5. THE RISK FACTOR of risking you're own items for a chance of someone else's.

take that how ever you like.

iv gained and lost a lot of valuable items in my time playing Mir its just risky and i like the excitement and risky feeling of PK with body drops. i'm sure a lot of people feel the same way, or some what close.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
1. he has never said no drops publicly at all after the branding suggestion.

2. its a play style alot of players like.

3. there is no right or wrong, its a matter of opinion.

4. like i said we want a reply from the creator not the herd.

5. THE RISK FACTOR of risking you're own items for a chance of someone else's.

take that how ever you like.

Congrats, you've successfully continued on the pointless debate whilst adding nothing lol.

Kind of the point i was trying to make...I gave you something to go on and you would rather continue sniping with people who have different views to your own, than actually constructively talk.

But what did i expect really lol...I guess my post was equally as pointless, so i'll just go ahead and remove it lol

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Death should always be punishable, and not just minor exp loss or the inconvenience of having to run back.

No item/body drops encourages lazy/afk play and negates any kind of 'skill' gap between players.

I don't even understand the issue, we're not talking 100% drop rate if killed. Rarity of item will dictate drop rates.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Congrats, you've successfully continued on the pointless debate whilst adding nothing lol.

Kind of the point i was trying to make...I gave you something to go on and you would rather continue sniping with people who have different views to your own, than actually constructively talk.

But what did i expect really lol...I guess my post was equally as pointless, so i'll just go ahead and remove it lol

by every post you've made its clear you aren't a PKer so ofcourse you wont know why the people who actually play Mir to PK and compete and play for the risk/body drop factor of the game.

that's just your outsider point of view.

everyone is different but its clear a lot more are for the body drops. a lot of people haven't voiced there opinions on the matter who have voted though.

the fact your putting the server at risk for a type of player before its even live is Jokes your in no way linked to the server team the post and the suggestions are aimed at 1 person.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Body drops will almost certainly never be ingame. I cannot agree with th concept. The only thing I am undecided on is bag drops because that then is the player's responsibility.

Reactions: Reverance

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Body drops will almost certainly never be ingame. I cannot agree with th concept. The only thing I am undecided on is bag drops because that then is the player's responsibility.

That works for me, I often carry around spare kit in my bag on very long leveling sessions o/

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
That works for me, I often carry around spare kit in my bag on very long leveling sessions o/

It is still undecided... I'll see what peoples opinions of Bag drops only before I decided... not that I can expect any other valid responses on here.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
by every post you've made its clear you aren't a PKer so ofcourse you wont know why the people who actually play Mir to PK and compete and play for the risk/body drop factor of the game.

that's just your outsider point of view.

everyone is different but its clear a lot more are for the body drops. a lot of people haven't voiced there opinions on the matter who have voted though.

the fact your putting the server at risk for a type of player before its even live is Jokes your in no way linked to the server team the post and the suggestions are aimed at 1 person.

Feel free to quote any post i've made that states what i supported lol.

For the record, I actually don't mind PK drops...because as i've said, i've never once dropped an item i would classify as rare, and my standing point is that the drops are so low (From RTing and TTing in most fights against people, and the fact the drop rate is low to begin with) that it's not really a valid reason to have them in...you may as well not have them in, and reduce the RTing and TTing factor, thus creating better fights....THAT is MY standing...I neither support nor against drops, I take it what it is lol.

Unlike you actually, I don't have a biased view lol. I'm currently taking whats in the server as what i'm given...if i don't like it, then it's tough luck.

Anyway, you have been given your direct answer from the creator and publicly as you so desperately crave.

At least with bag drops, you have the risk of losing items you've found on hunts...maybe that will satisfy people.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Just for the sake of absolute clarity here, are we talking solely about PvP or also PvE.

I think bag drops are fine, no risk to ones will to play, assuming they manage it accordingly.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Just for the sake of absolute clarity here, are we talking solely about PvP or also PvE.

I think bag drops are fine, no risk to ones will to play, assuming they manage it accordingly.

I didn't specify because it's not a factor of pve or pvp.

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Bag drops sound like a nice compromise, I almost always carry additional gear for extending hunt lengths.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
While I appreciate the fact you are using a source, even if you did not state it, the context of the initial correction in relation to your reply would indeed be a prime example of an ironic statement.

He tried to be clever, accusing him of not knowing it's definition... I'll stick to Oxford definitions thanks. You're welcome to use silly 'Urban' definitions to try and demean others if you wish. I'll continue to laugh and point out your mistakes.

4/10

Punctuation and sentence structure sub clauses need improvement. Stay behind after class please for some extra lessons.

P.S This thread is pure gold.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
4/10

Punctuation and sentence structure sub clauses need improvement. Stay behind after class please for some extra lessons.

P.S This thread is pure gold.

I'd ask you to proof my posts, but I'm afraid I'd have way too many spelling mistakes to be viable.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'd ask you to proof my posts, but I'm afraid I'd have way too many spelling mistakes to be viable.

I'm bored, if you couldn't tell. :crushed:

P.S In case chalace takes me seriously, because jesus **** you can never really tell with this community, I am joking. You are in the right in your particular argument, Exwizz is a known skiprat, don't worry yourself over him.

P.P.S Muh Death Drops :sorrow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.